[[ NEW YORK METS 2009 OFFSEASON POST: Beltran ahead of schedule ]]

Misch and Thole both looked great today. glad we got the victory. and we always find a way to not get swept in a series lol.

8th isn't good enough. Let's keep losing and get in the top 5. Na, but if we stay where we are we should be able to get a really good player. Moneyshouldn't be the issue, so we could get real lucky.

2 in a row
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I hope Aaron Heilman comes in relief for the Cubs so that we can score some runs and tie the game.
pimp.gif

Misch has shown better command than Parnell and has pitched solidly all year, but Parnell has more upside since he throws even harder in the later innings andis younger (imo). It was nice seeing a 97mph fastball during a bases loaded jam yesterday in the 6th inning.

Parnell just needs that 3rd pitch to work on.

Nieve, Niese, Parnell, and Misch should all battle it out for spots next season.

Maine starting next week. Hope he has a solid end to the season.

Beltran returning Tuesday. Can't wait for that.

As far as today, why am I not surprised we couldn't drive a run in from 3rd with only 1 out and the heart of the lineup coming to bat?
laugh.gif

edit:

Murph with a homer!
pimp.gif

edit 2:

Holy %$+% @ that Blanco play.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Murph's really grown on me. It's gonna be rough trying to find a position for him if Ike Davis keeps hitting well.

No reason why Murph shouldn't start next year at 1st. I wish we would break bank for Joe Mauer when he becomes a free agent.

Murph is the man.

Big Pelf gotta buckle down and finish this one up strong.

edit:

Nice 8th for Pelf. Why not let him at least start the 9th Jerry? He has only thrown 105 pitches.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

No reason why Murph shouldn't start next year at 1st. I wish we would break bank for Joe Mauer when he becomes a free agent.
I think Mauer is going to stay in Minnesota. Seems like he likes it there, and plus it's better for him to stay in the American League so hecan DH and not have to worry about breaking down easily.

Great, now K-Rod looks to be injured. What a lovely season.

Lost season for the Mets with all the crazy injuries but at least you guys are still playing hard despite everything. Props for that
wink.gif

This should make the squad tougher/stronger for next season even though that feels like a long time away.

Just came back from the game earlier today. My first time ever at Citi Field
pimp.gif

Today was K-Rod Bobblehead day today, so it was great to see the Mets get the W and K-Rod getting the save. Murphy with a big day
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

And I didn't even get to try some of the food since the lines was ridiculous
smh.gif

Hey, just wanted to make you guys aware that the 6th inning has no announcers.

It's called the "Silent Sixth".

The NBA did something similar in the past....

No announcers. Just the sounds of the game.

On right now.

God, Ryan Madson is such a bum
laugh.gif

Phillies are gonna go down the same path as the Mets the past couple of years. They won't miss the playoffs, but they won't go anywhere.
Wright
pimp.gif

Mets up 4-0, left the crib.

Come home, Mets down 8-4.
indifferent.gif

Change the channel to watch ND - Mich.... great game.

Tune back to FOX and see the Mets won 9-8.
eek.gif

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Mets up 4-0, left the crib.

Come home, Mets down 8-4.
indifferent.gif

Change the channel to watch ND - Mich.... great game.

Tune back to FOX and see the Mets won 9-8.
eek.gif
You been drinking in between too?

I can't lie, I had to sell 4 tix...to a "friend" who's a Phillies fan. Glad that they got to watch an L.

You know I meant 10-9.
laugh.gif

Saw Wright getting interviewed and being asked about facing Petey tomorrow.
pimp.gif

Pedro....
smh.gif

That man is a warrior.
pimp.gif

Manuel is crazy though. This is gonna come back to bite him in the $@%

edit:

Damn it Murph.

Back
Top Bottom