[[ NEW YORK METS 2009 OFFSEASON POST: Beltran ahead of schedule ]]

*knew SHUGES would post today since Pedro was pitching.

laugh.gif

Tonight further proves why Pedro is one of the greatest pitchers of all time. Looks like my prediction of 8 wins could happen.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

*knew SHUGES would post today since Pedro was pitching.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

It was tough with all the craziness going on with the VMA thread.
roll.gif
Plus Giants/Jets... Had to severely limit my post-count!

Football teams are both off to good starts... Jay concert on friday @ MSG... Stupid +*% Jeter gets his record... VMA at Radio City... Tennis in Queens... Greatweekend all-around for NYC!

Damn I just drove by Citi....whole upper deck is empty.
sick.gif

I need to get some cheap tix this month.

Damn I just drove by Citi....whole upper deck is empty.
sick.gif

I need to get some cheap tix this month.

It would be empty--Mets are playing in Atlanta (unless there is some other event happening?).

I heard some Mets tix are $0.99 on Stubhub.

Then something is going down at Citi, cause all them lights is on right now and I saw a few heads in the middle sections.
laugh.gif

99 cent tickets are
eek.gif
I'm going to try for some.

Yeah, I'ma try to make a game to the jinxed stadium.

I watched until we were down 4-0 then started phone-jonesing a bit.

Then put on GTA:SA.
laugh.gif

the jinx ends next season. hell my only reason to make it to a game now would be that hopefully the lines for that shake shack food place won't beredicuolously long anymore.

still that game from saturday made me happy, it was nice getting some mets won texts to my phone when i was out that day.

According to Adam Rubin, the Mets have named 1B Ike Davis the 2009 Sterling Minor League Player of the year and RHP Jeurys Familia the pitcher of the year.

After going without a HR in his professional debut last year, Davis combined for 20 jacks this year between St. Lucie and Binghamton. Davis told Rubin:

"I can't say I'm going to hit 20 home runs every year," Davis said by telephone from Italy, following a four-hour bus ride with Team USA from Germany. "I hope to be a power hitter. I want to be a power hitter. I'll work hard in the gym this offseason and keep hitting the ball hard and see what happens. I definitely hit some balls this year that wouldn't have been out in Brooklyn. It's hard to hit the ball in Brooklyn to right field (because of the wind off the ocean). But I squared up balls more this year. I was stronger this year. Put those two together and you'll hit more home runs."

Tuesday, in a review of the Corner Infielders selected in the firsr round of the 2008 draft, John Sickels wrote of Davis:Other than that [Davis's L/R splits], his season was very strong and he should be ready to help sometime next year.This view of Davis's readiness was echoed by Jim Callis of Baseball America in his chat at ESPN.com, who wrote of Davis and Fernando Martinez:Davis had a nice first full pro season and does have big power potential, but he still strikes out a lot and I don't think he could step in to the Mets' lineup in early 2010 and be effective.

Both need at least another half-year in the minors maybe more.The 19-year old Familia had little trouble jumping from the GCL in 2008 to the SAL in 2009 where he was 10-6 with a 2.69 ERA. His numbers, especially his walk and strikeout rates, improved as the season progressed, culminating in a 1.71 ERA in the month of August. With a plus MLB fastball and rapidly improving breaking ball, Familia is among the Mets best pitching prospects and an obvious choice for the award ahead of RHP Brad Holt and Jenrry Mejia, who each missed much of the summer with minor injuries.

We should get a good pick as well in the Draft.
pimp.gif

Patience my friends.

I'm going to see the Mets face the Braves on Monday night.
pimp.gif

Going with my friend (a Mets fan) and some others. He wants to go only to see just how few people will attend the game
laugh.gif
smh.gif

They sill had good attendance but I don't expect much in Sept at all.

yeah the losing helped end the new stadium grace period.

hopefully this helps me for next season though, i wanna try and get a 15-20 game ticket package for next season and hopefully the losing will help me outprice wise.

the mets will be making some uniform changes next year and changes in a bad way. i got this off of jerseycentral.org and besides the other teams making changesfor next season this is what it said about the mets.

They are replacing the current Mets home white w/ryl pinstripe jersey with a new one which will be an alternate home vest jersey in an exciting new color (myguess is Blue or Orange), the MET Black will be the primary home now. Not for nothing, the Met ownership (The Wilpons), just dont get it. Instead of giving themajority of Met fans what they want (drop the black shadows from the home pinstripe), they go and do the opposite. All for a buck. Now that I have vented, hereare the scheduled changes:

METS
*Unveil date - November 27th (11/27)
*The Mets will be replacing the current Mets home white w/ryl pinstripe jersey with a new one which will be an alternate home vest jersey in an exciting newcolor, the MET Black will be the primary home now.

I doubt that will go through if it turns out ugly, there would be too much of an uproar.

Wilpons are a solid ownership but the problem is they need to surround themselves with more BASEBALL PEOPLE. We need better coaches to help develop the youngguys (esp the pitchers) and no distractions in the front office.

Everything has been relatively quiet since Omar fire Tony though (thankfully).

Originally Posted by VC3FAN

either way

clearance jerseys for me
check the mets team stores after the season ends. the store on 42st said that all the authentics with the citi field patch will be half off assoon as the season ends. they had the authentics with the shea stadium patch on them from the 2008 season for half off but they only had size 40's left.

as for the changes their usually pretty onpoint on jerseycentral with knowing about the upcomming jersey changes

apperantly they did a survey asking which one of these jerseys the fans prefered back in may. i personally think both would be a step down.

vc3fan i got some "clearance jerseys" i wanna get rid of in the worst way, im going to send you some pics of stuff i got.

besides the mets these are the uniform changes they were talking about.

METS
*The Mets will be replacing the current Mets home white w/ryl pinstripe jersey with a new one which will be an alternate home vest jersey in an exciting newcolor, the MET Black will be the primary home now.

TWINS
*Unveil date - November 16th (11/16)
*Slightly updated wordmark on all jerseys, new patches & a new throwback

RAYS
*Unveil date - November 19th (11/19)
*Cool new alternate jersey, new color

GIANTS
*Unveil date - January 1st (1/1/10)
*New alternate jersey, new color

MARLINS
*Unveil date - January 1st (1/1/10)
*Changing road front from "FLORIDA" to "MARLINS"

BREWERS
*Unveil date - February 14th (2/14/10)
*New alternate jersey

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

vc3fan i got some "clearance jerseys" i wanna get rid of in the worst way, im going to send you some pics of stuff i got.

besides the mets these are the uniform changes they were talking about.

METS
*The Mets will be replacing the current Mets home white w/ryl pinstripe jersey with a new one which will be an alternate home vest jersey in an exciting new color, the MET Black will be the primary home now.
You cannot be serious.

I've always liked the Mets' pinstripe look. They always looked better with the pinstripes and blue caps or with the solid whites and blue caps, imo.

Back
Top Bottom