New Yankee Stadium & Citi Field pics edit * 11/17 NEW PICS pg 12

How hard is it to get a ticket to a Yankees and Mets game before the '08 Regular Season ends? I'll be in NYC soon and wanted to attend both a Yankees& Mets game before the stadiums are gone.

I think you'll have a slightly better chance getting tickets at Shea on the day of the game than at Yankee Stadium.

If you're going to take the Stubhub route, the prices are ridiculous for Yankee games. Be ready to unload a lot...
smh.gif

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

How hard is it to get a ticket to a Yankees and Mets game before the '08 Regular Season ends? I'll be in NYC soon and wanted to attend both a Yankees & Mets game before the stadiums are gone.

Yanks tix are sold out for the rest of the season. Stub Hub is lookin'
eek.gif
sick.gif
right now.
laugh.gif

Heading to the Mets game on Tues. Gotta experience Shea one last time.
frown.gif

Yeah I've heard the same about Yankee Games even though I've brought up all those empty seats you'll see when they play teams like the Royals.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Heading to the Mets game on Tues. Gotta experience Shea one last time.
frown.gif

make sure you get some hand sanitizer and wear one of these

b1_1720.jpg

most of all make team yankees proud and be as obnoxious as you can
wink.gif

Man I wish I was back in NYC to catch a couple of games at both stadiums before they shut down.

My first game was at Shea in '86. That new stadium looks wack.

Gonna be with my girl's family, so I can't get too drunk and obnoxious.
laugh.gif

I'll try, though.

I'm still mad about how Mets fans turned Yankee Stadium to Shea a couple months back. That was the game that Delgado completely owned us.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

I'm still mad about how Mets fans turned Yankee Stadium to Shea a couple months back. That was the game that Delgado completely owned us.
smh.gif

You mean by making it exciting and fun? Or by winning? Or both?

is new really better? upper deck at yankee stadium looks less steep and there seems to be more breaks in the levels with MORE SUITES.. im telling you guys,unless you get that suite action, the common fan is getting screwed. your sightlines are pushed more horizontially outward and less vertically. thats adisaster and seems more apparent in the latest photos... hasnt capacity also decreased? i mean the quality of the build looks nice but you need to thinkoutside of that for a moment and tell the yankees how you really feel

^^ What you've just said isn't new. A lot of "regular" folk aren't pleased with the lower capacity and with the increase in suites. Notto mention the higher ticket prices.

I'd rather go to a baseball game to sit with the fans, not to sit in some fancy glass-enclosed box away from all the action.

It's actually a little better that the upper deck is less steep. I've always worried someone could take a nasty fall trying to go down those narrow,steep stairs at the Yankee Stadium and Shea Stadium upper decks.

Lots of new stadiums have the more outward seating, which seems to be a trademark of HOK-designed facilities.

some new pics from both stadiums. they're prepping the field now to lay down the sod .....

attachment.php

attachment.php

large_stadium2.jpg

3133145.JPG

3133141.JPG

l_c2072c6941a1fc98e22aeccf7d0e0361.jpg

the yankees have a 3D seating chart on their website. you see any section of the new satdium in 3D .

New Yankee Stadium 3D Seat Generator

some sample pics

attachment.php

some of the seats will have horrible sight lines and blind spots, mostly in the bleachers
smh.gif

Obstruc_View1.png

iomedia_0000.jpg

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Night_Render1.png

attachment.php

pimp.gif

i'll post some citi field pics in a minute .....................

new citi field pics .............

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

locker room carpet

attachment.php

attachment.php

orange foul poul
roll.gif
i like it though

attachment.php

LF_Foul_Pole.jpg

RF_Foul_Pole.jpg

Citi_08_514.jpg

nyml2030909101024x768cu4.jpg

Originally Posted by 75 Partly Cloudy

I have been to alot of ballparks and Shea was by far thee worst. Never made it to Yankee Stadium.

O and this....

http://s87.photobucket.com/albums/k139/sellOPM/?action=view&current=Picture1.png

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

i agree those seats are horrible, no excuse. the yanks have said there will be flat screens up and down that wall which is the side of the cf restaraunt. to meflat screens don't cut it. thats a pretty foul way to treat the most loyal yankee fans, bleacher creature's ............

Anybody see E-60 tonight ???

i think it was fuqed up how the yankees and the city of NY stole that park from those bronx kids ...
smh.gif

i will never buy a ticket to see the yankees because of that

^ that park was trash, the kids will be getting way better parkland, track, fields etc. i played a couple hs baseball games on those fields and they were theworst. macombs dam park will not be missed once they see the new stuff........

a field-turf football field on top of a parking garage , and a new baseball diamond in 2011 ?
laugh.gif

c'mon , man those kids got the one piece of real grass , trees , and leisure park within walking distance TAKEN from them ...

i know there's always 2 sides to a story , but there are some angry folks about this ordeal , and most of them are too poor to really be heard

The Yankees on the other hand get to build the most expensive sports stadium in the history of the nation , and the city loaned them millions of dollars to doit ...

wonder how many pockets were greased during this development
smh.gif

^ Son. U might have played a couple games. But I spent 20 years playing and growing up there. I didn't watch the E60 report. But the city and Yankees havenot followed through on promises as far as I know. There aren't too many parks around there. I don't know of any other running track in the area. But uknow what? People aren't going to care because the Yankees are staying in the bronx.

here's a pic of the proposed plans
project_map2.jpg

A total of 27.05 acres of permanent recreational facilities, including new parkland, will be provided as part of the proposed project. As described below,these facilities will all be located within existing and new parkland and public open space. The permanent acreage includes: 15.82 acres of new mappedparkland, 7.33 acres on existing parkland, and 1.01 acres of new open space (not mapped as parkland). The project will create a unified 17.36-acre park southof East 161st Street, which will be larger than the total park area (15.09 acres) that will be displaced north of East 161st Street. For purposes of theFederal LWCF conversion, the proposed Section 6(f) permanent parks will be developed on the existing stadium site, Ruppert Plaza, and along the Harlem Riverwaterfront. In short, the New York City Department of Parks and Recreation will replace most of the existing facilities displaced by this project. NYCDPR, inconsultation with the local community may choose to vary the new facilities to provide replacements that are not exactly the same as those displaced, but areequal or greater in use and value. To this end, NYCDPR will continue its broad community outreach program before deciding on a final plan for the new parklandand recreational facilities. The new facilities, which may be modified, are presently anticipated to include the following elements:

Rendering of Heritage Field, view looking northwest
Three natural turf ball fields (baseball, softball, and little league fields) will be located in the proposed parkland at the site of the existing stadium. Itwill be known as Heritage Field.
East 161st Street between Jerome Avenue and the existing stadium: The new Macombs Dam Park will include passive and active recreation. In terms of the latter,this park (Garage A) will include, basketball and handball courts, a 400-meter athletic track with field events, adult fitness equipment, and an artificialturf soccer / football field.
Between Heritage Field and the Rooftop will be a passive park / pedestrian plaza. Renamed "Ruppert Plaza," it will comprise 1.13 acres of newparkland.
Passive park/civic space is proposed east of River Avenue on both sides of East 157th Street. These parks will contain benches and unique paving landscapes.The northern park parcel will house a children's play area and the southern site an unsupervised Skateboard Park and fitness equipment.
Consistent with the number of courts displaced as a result of Yankee Stadium construction, 16 tennis courts will be built at the new waterfront park. 12 willbe covered by a bubble during the winter months. Other amenities include passive park space, viewing platforms, and picnic area. This park will also create anew 0.71-acre esplanade that would extend from the northern end of the waterfront park, wrap around the waterfront to the existing ferry landing, and extendeast to the pedestrian connection at Exterior Street beneath the Major Deegan Expressway. Although a portion of this esplanade will not be mapped as parkland,the esplanade will provide an important corridor between the recreational facilities of the Harlem River waterfront and the new recreational facilities in theeastern portion of the project area.

Back
Top Bottom