***New Reebok Pick-Ups, Release Info, etc.***

Well they are still pretty highly regarded and sawed after, considering the prices on ebay. 

Shaqnosis quality is average at best (Black/White) - but numbers wise they had them about right. The overall shape could've been a little better to make the rings stand out and the mid-sole was an off-white/cream colour that contrasted with the White/Black upper.

That said, if Reebok is able to generate hype with an Attaq re-retro they should think about bringing back another model or two that has never been retroed and capitalize of the momentum.

I think that would be a good strategy, if they get the Big Diesel to promote it again and bring a few other pairs to release at the same time, would be awesome...Battleground ll, Answer lll anyone (they have the molds ready anyway :smile:?

Last edited:
There has to be some other models he wore or was using. With the Olympics could've been a good town to bring out what had on.....the Preacher, maybe it was? I would like to see them retro other models in his footwear sig line. There definetly isn't Much excitement for these. I got the all green Attaq 1s for like 35 or 40 bucks. I love the shoe......and got it for a great price.

I remember them being fairly easy to get when they released in 2013. The prices are a little over retail now because people slept on acct of the Jordan hype. I believe if they come out again in the same quantity, the people who want them will get em and the ones who sleep now cuz of the adidas hype will regret it later.

The Preacher would be awesome, so is the Dunk Mob, but I dont believe they will ever retro them. 

I remember them being fairly easy to get when they released in 2013. The prices are a little over retail now because people slept on acct of the Jordan hype. I believe if they come out again in the same quantity, the people who want them will get em and the ones who sleep now cuz of the adidas hype will regret it later.
Easy? I don't remember being easy at all, they vanished for less than an hour from all sites, I was prepared and all and couldn't buy a pair at all, it was like a Jordan Xl release for me.

Paid over $250 for my first pair an year later, and than I found 2 more for under retail, just by a pure luck. 

Last edited:
Damn. I was stationed in Alaska but deployed at the time and was able to get 3 pairs from different stores on 3 different days shipped to my house. I figured if it was that easy for me it had to be a solid release. It was extremely difficult to get stuff up there. I didn't realize the struggle was real for the rest of the country.

Damn. I was stationed in Alaska but deployed at the time and was able to get 3 pairs from different stores on 3 different days shipped to my house. I figured if it was that easy for me it had to be a solid release. It was extremely difficult to get stuff up there. I didn't realize the struggle was real for the rest of the country.

Were they local Alaskan stores though? I'm from Toronto, Canada and they were quite hard to get locally - I had to visit a few stores before finding my size (10). There was hype for these due to them being retro-ed for the first time coupled with successful marketing of the Kamikaze II before it.

How hard is it for Adibok to give out free merchandise? Nike/JB do it all the damn time. When the Attaqs drop, Kendrick Lamar and Future or whoever else they have on their roster should be sporting a pair. Hell give JayZ & Rihanna pairs too as they did wonders for the original Kami II release.

As I said in another thread, the opportunity exists to get some new models out to the public vs. just releasing the same stuff over and over.

The Preacher would be awesome, so is the Dunk Mob, but I dont believe they will ever retro them. 

Sadly I feel that this is an accurate prediction. There's plenty of gold in the Reebok back catalogue, but we're not too likely to see much of it.

(But as you also said, how about all those cancelled shoes that we saw pre-releases of like the Battleground II, the Rafter (although why?), the Swingman, etc.??)

Were they local Alaskan stores though? I'm from Toronto, Canada and they were quite hard to get locally - I had to visit a few stores before finding my size (10). There was hype for these due to them being retro-ed for the first time coupled with successful marketing of the Kamikaze II before it.

How hard is it for Adibok to give out free merchandise? Nike/JB do it all the damn time. When the Attaqs drop, Kendrick Lamar and Future or whoever else they have on their roster should be sporting a pair. Hell give JayZ & Rihanna pairs too as they did wonders for the original Kami II release.

As I said in another thread, the opportunity exists to get some new models out to the public vs. just releasing the same stuff over and over.
I was deployed so I had to order them. 2 pairs came form showplace and my wife's pair came from Packershoes. AK didn't get them at all. All they have in Anchorage is 4 maybe 5 basic footlockers. Only the Dimond mall location gets anything decent. It sucks man.

Guys I'm so happy today, I can't even believe it, after more than 10 years of a thorough search for this pair, I was finally able to obtain a mint, DS,looking like just came out of the production line, pair of DMX RXT. Model that came out along side the original DMX Run 10 and the Answer l, back in 1997-98 and it's my favorite of the 3. The comfort of this shoe, even 17 years later, it's simply amazing! Enjoy.

Last edited:
Guys I'm so happy today, I can't even believe it, after more than 10 years of a thrall search for this pair, I was finally able to obtain a mint, DS,looking like just came out of the production line, pair of DMX RXT. Model that came out along side the original DMX Run 10 and the Answer l, back in 1997-98 and it's my favorite of the 3. The comfort of this shoe, even 17 years later, it's simply amazing! Enjoy.

Hopefully it loads right lol

Guess January for Attaq l again with $160 release price...have some mixed feelings TBH. 
Thanks for the info, I was just coming in here to ask about a possible release date on those! Repped!
That said, if Reebok is able to generate hype with an Attaq re-retro they should think about bringing back another model or two that has never been retroed and capitalize of the momentum.
See, this is one of the main problem with Reebok in my mind. Their follow up once they get any type of momentum isn't very good. After the Attaq retro the last time, I felt like they put out a bunch of bad colorways that just didn't connect. I mean, that Grinch Attaq was horrible and it SAT forever. This could be a step in the right direction for them though if they do it right.

Last edited:
^^^

One of the main problems is that Reebok has so few OG colourways to begin with. The Shaq line up essentially consisted of a White or Black based colourway - and all the Retro+ colourways they come up with are flat out weird. Rather than come up with poor conceptual type colourways would it hurt them to drop team based colourways? I'll give Nike/JB credit for releasing more than 2 OG colourways all the way back to the 80s, at least when it comes time to retro they have a decent set of OG colourways to retro on top of the retro+. Reebok if you're listening, don't waste your time with dumb themes, look at the 'hot' teams in the NBA & NCAA and drop some team based colourways.

I suggested going with different model or three as I just don't see consumers buying a full year's worth of Attaqs - but mixing it up with some never released before models might work.

^^^

One of the main problems is that Reebok has so few OG colourways to begin with. The Shaq line up essentially consisted of a White or Black based colourway - and all the Retro+ colourways they come up with are flat out weird. Rather than come up with poor conceptual type colourways would it hurt them to drop team based colourways? I'll give Nike/JB credit for releasing more than 2 OG colourways all the way back to the 80s, at least when it comes time to retro they have a decent set of OG colourways to retro on top of the retro+. Reebok if you're listening, don't waste your time with dumb themes, look at the 'hot' teams in the NBA & NCAA and drop some team based colourways.

I suggested going with different model or three as I just don't see consumers buying a full year's worth of Attaqs - but mixing it up with some never released before models might work.

As per usual, the marketing advice offered to Reebok on NT is clearly better than what they receive in-house! All good suggestions, just like many that a few of us here have offered up in the past. It seems quite simple, but they manage to get it so wrong so often. To be fair, their work with Kendrick Lamar seems to be relatively solid (although I've only like a couple of the shoes), so it's not like they don't have some marketing intelligence. Just so inconsistent. And their work around retro basketball products has been less than stellar (to put it kindly).

As per usual, the marketing advice offered to Reebok on NT is clearly better than what they receive in-house! All good suggestions, just like many that a few of us here have offered up in the past. It seems quite simple, but they manage to get it so wrong so often. To be fair, their work with Kendrick Lamar seems to be relatively solid (although I've only like a couple of the shoes), so it's not like they don't have some marketing intelligence. Just so inconsistent. And their work around retro basketball products has been less than stellar (to put it kindly).

I said it in another thread (or maybe it was this one :lol:) but give Kendrick Lamar & Future their own Attaq & Question colourways. If these guys are your hype men, then let them actually do their job.

trent, are you taking contracts bro? I'd gladly hire you to source me both the Preacher & Avant Guard in size 10. :lol:

I said it in another thread (or maybe it was this one
laugh.gif
) but give Kendrick Lamar & Future their own Attaq & Question colourways. If these guys are your hype men, then let them actually do their job.
actually I said it and everybody but you thought I was insane, but it makes sense, they could kill those 2 models, I could imagine K.Dot shaqnosis, will call them 3d glasses
laugh.gif
 ok not serious about the glasses name

I think the conversation deviated to an old school vs. 90s vs. current hip pop conversation, but I full agree with you that Reebok should be giving these guys some creativity to make their own colourways.

Back
Top Bottom