***New Reebok Pick-Ups, Release Info, etc.***

Originally Posted by trethousandgt

Originally Posted by FIREPOWER23

Those Fury's look pretty nice, as do those Blue/grey Omnizones 
smokin.gif

Slightly off topic, but I've had this pic saved for a while and was wondering if anyone could shed some light on them?

It doesn't look like they're from the 2004 batch as they don't have the little tag on the side, so I'm thinking they must be scrapped samples from the 20th Anniversary run. 

I mean DJ probably has them in his closet somewhere 
laugh.gif
 -Shame they never got released though, good CW imo.

Fire, not all the 2004 releases had the little tag on the side only one colorway was numbered the others weren't.  I remember seeing these on eBay a couple years back I think they were a european exclusive colorway.  

+1,  I remember seeing those on Ebay in 2005, but most of them were overseas. 

Originally Posted by trethousandgt

Originally Posted by FIREPOWER23

Those Fury's look pretty nice, as do those Blue/grey Omnizones 
smokin.gif

Slightly off topic, but I've had this pic saved for a while and was wondering if anyone could shed some light on them?

It doesn't look like they're from the 2004 batch as they don't have the little tag on the side, so I'm thinking they must be scrapped samples from the 20th Anniversary run. 

I mean DJ probably has them in his closet somewhere 
laugh.gif
 -Shame they never got released though, good CW imo.

Fire, not all the 2004 releases had the little tag on the side only one colorway was numbered the others weren't.  I remember seeing these on eBay a couple years back I think they were a european exclusive colorway.  

+1,  I remember seeing those on Ebay in 2005, but most of them were overseas. 

I am going to try to get a pair of the new Furys in Blue/Cherry

I have enough with the citron

I am going to try to get a pair of the new Furys in Blue/Cherry

I have enough with the citron

Real good info in this thread! As mentioned I wish Reebok would focus on more retros in the case of Kemp, Shaq and Emmit Smith.

I'm in need of a pair of  white/lime Twlight Zones in a 13, I slept hard when they released and I can't find a pair for the life of me.

Real good info in this thread! As mentioned I wish Reebok would focus on more retros in the case of Kemp, Shaq and Emmit Smith.

I'm in need of a pair of  white/lime Twlight Zones in a 13, I slept hard when they released and I can't find a pair for the life of me.

^^^I hear this a lot with people complaining about Reebok and why they dont bring back the Shaq's, Kemp Kamikaze, and the Emmit Smith Pre-Seasons. There are 2 reasons for this, the first being that they dont have the molds for any more of these original models and in order to make the molds it cost over $100K to do so, and they have to make a crazy amount of the shoes in order to get the order placed, something like 50,000 pairs. If they brought back the Shaq's they dont want to make that many, they want them to be limited. The Second reason is all those guys had contracts where if these shoes ever got made again they would have to be compensated for that, mainly for the fact that it was their signature shoe and for instance Shaq had his logo on the shoe, not quite sure if Kemp and Emmit had logos.

With the case of Nike doing limited shoes its easier because the molds already exist so they do not have to put the initial investment in for the mold, and if they do decide to do it any way they just take a hit on that shoe and make that money up somewhere else.

^^^I hear this a lot with people complaining about Reebok and why they dont bring back the Shaq's, Kemp Kamikaze, and the Emmit Smith Pre-Seasons. There are 2 reasons for this, the first being that they dont have the molds for any more of these original models and in order to make the molds it cost over $100K to do so, and they have to make a crazy amount of the shoes in order to get the order placed, something like 50,000 pairs. If they brought back the Shaq's they dont want to make that many, they want them to be limited. The Second reason is all those guys had contracts where if these shoes ever got made again they would have to be compensated for that, mainly for the fact that it was their signature shoe and for instance Shaq had his logo on the shoe, not quite sure if Kemp and Emmit had logos.

With the case of Nike doing limited shoes its easier because the molds already exist so they do not have to put the initial investment in for the mold, and if they do decide to do it any way they just take a hit on that shoe and make that money up somewhere else.

"Celebrating the 25th Anniversary of the Workout, Reebok Classics has collaborated with fifteen top retail partners from around the globe. One of a handful of sneakers that defies its age, the Reebok Workout is a true classic. Originally designed as a multi-discipline shoe, the sneaker provided a cross-gender solution to lateral support as well as a point-of-difference, making a simple shoe an icon. The evolved dual strap concept lending both functionality and an arresting aesthetic.
In 1987 — 25 years ago — the Workout had a slight makeover. Adding extra paneling on the forefoot, the sneaker became more durable for street wear and the Reebok Workout Plus was born.
In all white or black-on-black, the Workout became the everyman shoe of choice. Versatile enough to weather stylistic changes, various cuts of denim and grow agelessly, the clean aspirations of the Workout continued for generations to follow.
Through boom times and recession, the Workout has remained recognizable. Serving time as both a status symbol and as a shoe for pure function, the Workout has attained icon status.
To highlight the anniversary collection, Highsnobiety has partnered with Reebok to present a Microsite showcasing each of the fifteen sneakers. Through a series of photographs and stories, we reflect on the worldwide appeal of the shoe and see how each partner translated their vision of the Workout.
The 25th Anniversary Reebok Workout Plus collection will be available in stores starting February 15, 2012."SOLEBOX...
MITA...
NEW Colab Pics released every 2 days via Highsnobiety...

"Celebrating the 25th Anniversary of the Workout, Reebok Classics has collaborated with fifteen top retail partners from around the globe. One of a handful of sneakers that defies its age, the Reebok Workout is a true classic. Originally designed as a multi-discipline shoe, the sneaker provided a cross-gender solution to lateral support as well as a point-of-difference, making a simple shoe an icon. The evolved dual strap concept lending both functionality and an arresting aesthetic.
In 1987 — 25 years ago — the Workout had a slight makeover. Adding extra paneling on the forefoot, the sneaker became more durable for street wear and the Reebok Workout Plus was born.
In all white or black-on-black, the Workout became the everyman shoe of choice. Versatile enough to weather stylistic changes, various cuts of denim and grow agelessly, the clean aspirations of the Workout continued for generations to follow.
Through boom times and recession, the Workout has remained recognizable. Serving time as both a status symbol and as a shoe for pure function, the Workout has attained icon status.
To highlight the anniversary collection, Highsnobiety has partnered with Reebok to present a Microsite showcasing each of the fifteen sneakers. Through a series of photographs and stories, we reflect on the worldwide appeal of the shoe and see how each partner translated their vision of the Workout.
The 25th Anniversary Reebok Workout Plus collection will be available in stores starting February 15, 2012."SOLEBOX...
MITA...
NEW Colab Pics released every 2 days via Highsnobiety...

^^Dyyhard, no chinese new year pumps in the works. Its weird they did them for a while and then just stopped out of no where. Dont think they have done a pair in about 2 years

^^Dyyhard, no chinese new year pumps in the works. Its weird they did them for a while and then just stopped out of no where. Dont think they have done a pair in about 2 years

Originally Posted by DeadStock Js

Thanks for dropping the facts. Nike can get away with retooling and butchering their classics but Reebok can't mess around. Their re-imagining of the Kamikazes, Blasts and Preachers are pretty neat though. Well priced and very comfortable.

Thanks for dropping the facts. Nike can get away with retooling and butchering their classics but Reebok can't mess around. Their re-imagining of the Kamikazes, Blasts and Preachers are pretty neat though. Well priced and very comfortable.

Originally Posted by vood99

DJ...if they dont have the molds for these models than why do they still have the molds for all,of their other older models like Bringbacks, Court Victories...etc? It seems ridiculous that they would destroy a mold for Shaq but keep one for Michael Chang.

Back
Top Bottom