New Orleans Pelicans???

sick.gif
 NBA has the worst branding of all the pro leagues

The red "aggressive" pelicans logo looks kinda like those generic minor league baseball/hockey logos of the 90s. If they changed up the font and typeface, then I'm on board

Also, Albuquerque Isotopes is awesome! They moved from Springfield!!

Not every team mascot and name has to be aggressive, menacing, and tough. The Pelicans would be fine, no worse than a lot of team names out there. The difference is we've gotten use to a lot of the weirder ones.

A lot of people didn't like the Thunder name when it was first announced and I'm sure a lot still don't like it.. but we've gotten used to it and it doesn't seem as dumb after time has passed.

shoulda changed the entire color palette.. cause blue/red and gold.. not a bigfan.. they should've done something with green, purple and gold.. like they did with their mardi gras jerseys
Speaking of colors, I wish every city was like Pittsburgh where all sports teams have same color scheme.
roll.gif
laugh.gif
@ lobotomybeats

And on the topic of cities w/ the same color schemes, 2 teams of the same sport in the same city messes that up. Sure, the Mets & Knicks can share colors, but the Yankees can't be the same
color as the Mets.
Yup. I've asked this question to myself before and this is the answer.
Someone told this joke to me today. Took me like 5 minutes to get it.

I liked the one PMatic posted.

I'm just happy that Charlotte gets the Hornets name back. Bobcats sounds ridiculous. As for New Orleans, who gives a ****. Team doesn't even belong there. They're just searching for new ways to keep it afloat before they have to shut it down. Should name themselves the Sonics and head to Seattle or somewhere they would actually sell out games.

I'm just happy that Charlotte gets the Hornets name back. Bobcats sounds ridiculous. As for New Orleans, who gives a ****. Team doesn't even belong there. They're just searching for new ways to keep it afloat before they have to shut it down. Should name themselves the Sonics and head to Seattle or somewhere they would actually sell out games.

You Sound Ridiculous

Dope logo :smokin
I dont approve of the name but yall know after a couple years we'll get used to it

dont like the name.. logo looks cool.. but not a fan of the pelican and the colors.. looks like the lebron cavs jersey... needed to go with green/gold/purple..

Very dope logo, but...ehhhh, Pelicans just sounds so College Football (same as the Bobcats too). May as well go all in and be the Fighting Pelicans.

:smh: I'm still hoping for Krewe with Mardi Gras colors or Knights with black/gold since the Jazz won't give us our name back.

mean.gif
I'm still hoping for Krewe with Mardi Gras colors or Knights with black/gold since the Jazz won't give us our name back.
As much as Jazz doesn't fit Utah, that name has been part of their history for too long and there's 0% it's leaving. I would LOVE that name for NO though.

Krewe and Knights were the top two I was hoping for, in those exact same colors you mentioned. Leaning towards Knights more cause of the black/gold, and some of the fan made designs I saw for Knights was 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom