+ New Jay-Z "D.O.A." drops tonight... +

Jay isn't sneak dissing Kanye.

The whole song is about people biting another mans style.

SO basically he's telling folks to stop biting Kanye... as far as fashion and music.

Originally Posted by Noodles

Originally Posted by ninjahood

you can tell who's rockin da slim and skinny jeans just by da replies from this post.
laugh.gif

mark2-715077.jpg

He's right tho. We've gotten sick of it here in NYC.

Originally Posted by CROSSISOM

SO basically he's telling folks to stop biting Kanye... as far as fashion and music.

but its comin from a dude who made is career off biting other ppl style...circa 99- 02 he was doin everything every one else did... this clown wore choleshades with the head rap!!!! hov need to GTmFOH!!!!!

So shouldn't he start with his fans who have been jocking him for the past 9 years? As far as music last I checked 'Ye didn't makeauto tune famous. T-Pain did, so wouldn't Ol Man Jigga still be getting at Kanye?

If what you say is true he's getting at his own ppl, or it's filled with a lot of contradiction and they're exposing themselves as hypocrites likemany ppl in this thread defending this bullshh
laugh.gif

but its comin from a dude who made is career off biting other ppl style...circa 99- 02 he was doin everything every one else did... this clown wore chole shades with the head rap!!!! hov need to GTmFOH!!!!!
QFMFT!

20080207-jayz.jpg

Somebody post the Jigga pic where he rockin the LL style with the one pant leg rolled up

Did Ol Man Jigga get enlightened and is now starting a movement for originality? Cuz he don't bite styles, right? I bet yall stans are going to say thatwas the style back then, which I would agree with but then contradict yasleves and say the shh he's condemning now is not the style now. It's crazy Idon't rock with that tight jeans, bright colors, screaming for attention either but the way yall trying to attack it and attempt to end it is a joke andpathetic.

Go start a family Jigga, put the mic down.

Wow, this came out of nowhere.

I'm officially checking for BP3.

Please, please, please let this be what the entire album is going to sound like...

He got me once (Corporate Takeover freestyle then bs KC album)...

Originally Posted by Master Zik

So shouldn't he start with his fans who have been jocking him for the past 9 years? As far as music last I checked 'Ye didn't make auto tune famous. T-Pain did, so wouldn't Ol Man Jigga still be getting at Kanye?

If what you say is true he's getting at his own ppl, or it's filled with a lot of contradiction and they're exposing themselves as hypocrites like many ppl in this thread defending this bullshh
laugh.gif
It's a difference between "doin it right" and bring an originator. T-Pain sure aint the first to use auto-tune, but he was"doin it right."

He's basically gettin at all the auto-tune bandwagoners who dont actually add anything to their music with the auto-tune, and are just using it to use itbecause it's a trend.

how ur jacket is toddler size in the 1st.... then u lookin like weezy jr in the next... he need to sit his ole !@# down...

Originally Posted by Master Zik

So shouldn't he start with his fans who have been jocking him for the past 9 years? As far as music last I checked 'Ye didn't make auto tune famous. T-Pain did, so wouldn't Ol Man Jigga still be getting at Kanye?

If what you say is true he's getting at his own ppl, or it's filled with a lot of contradiction and they're exposing themselves as hypocrites like many ppl in this thread defending this bullshh
laugh.gif

but its comin from a dude who made is career off biting other ppl
style...circa 99- 02 he was doin everything every one else did... this
clown wore chole
shades with the head rap!!!! hov need to GTmFOH!!!!!
QFMFT!

20080207-jayz.jpg

Somebody post the Jigga pic where he rockin the LL style with the one pant leg rolled up

Did Ol Man Jigga get enlightened and is now starting a movement for originality? Cuz he don't bite styles, right? I bet yall stans are going to say that was the style back then, which I would agree with but then contradict yasleves and say the shh he's condemning now is not the style now. It's crazy I don't rock with that tight jeans, bright colors, screaming for attention either but the way yall trying to attack it and attempt to end it is a joke and pathetic.

Go start a family Jigga, put the mic down.

laugh.gif
and let's not forget this dude was calling himself "Prince of the Underground" in '95

I agree with everything you said, but still, the fact that now it might decrease is a positive no matter how you look at it. You can hate on Jay and hishypocrisy for as long as you want, and I'm right there with you, but hopefully we will be able to turn on the radio or go outside and hear/see autotune andtight jeans once every 8 songs/dudes instead of once every 3.

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

Originally Posted by MoodMuzik75

jay z is wack as hell
indifferent.gif

Honestly, I'd feel uncomfortable if there wasn't a comment like this in a Jay-Z thread. The opinions hate is always welcome in big threads like these. We need the random odd few kids that will come in here with ******edness to keep things balanced, right Jiggaman414? (no click-clack).
tongue.gif
SHOTS FIRED!

waits for Jiggaman414 to enter..
nerd.gif

I love Jay and all, but I have to agree... Jay just trying to stay relevant with this track... Go have kids Jay .... Damn I can't believe I just said that

I mean, that's what I'm saying.

It's Kanye and Jay-Z. Co-workers. Friends.

Why would Hov be going at his own people? And why would Kanye "approve"?

On a sidenote:

Kanye changed the game without changing himself. Who can't respect that on some level?

People are always trying to tear the man down for some reason. It's a shame.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by jefffort5

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Why do ya'll keep saying he's taking shots at Kanye? He clearly says in the song that Ye told him to kill it. And as for shots at other people, Drake, Joe, etc., I really don't think that's what the song is about. All he's trying to do is lean on the game a little and push it in another direction. It's not a personal attack on anyone, but if someone is feeling some kinda way (ahem ahem Jae Millz) so be it.
my whole take on this..which nobody has seem to address yet...wonder why?? ppl BEEN saying everything jay been saying..for at least the past year..especially ppl in ny..this is nothing new..and YES..thats basically kanyes image...i mean the name of his clothing line is pastelle! come on yall..get his nuts out yall mouth
Name one song dedicated to the topic that was as good as this...

And it is based on Kanye's image but i'm not understanding how that takes away from the song and message.
death of autotune...naw not one..the tight jeans bright colors etc...plenty of songs touched on that...its not taking away from the message being that its based on kanye..but ppl are trying to say its not based on kanye..and i think its d-ridish to co produce a beat where ur image is being portrayed as a bad thing by ur "big brother" who didnt wanna give u a chance in the first place
My dude you doing way too much. I don't know how they rock on your side but round here all that "nuts in mouth" talk ain'tpoppin. So we're just gonna move past that and I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt assuming you want to have a reasonable debate and notflame. On topic, dude expressed his opinion and we got cats in here analyzing it like a homework assignment. This is what makes hip hop so funny now. Wechallenge the greats for any and everything from hypocrisy on down the line and praise the lames for mediocrity all the way to outright insults to oursensibility as fans of what we call hip hop. Nas can't say hip hop is dead. Joe Budden can call out Method Man for no reason. Stanky Leg is dope cause itrocks in the club. Jae Millz thinks he can come at Jay. I dunno man, this current hip hop climate is funny to say the least.

And I never said he wasn't going at Ye's image. I said Ye cosigned it, therefore its not a direct dis to him. Moreso, its seems like something that heand Ye discussed and it came out in song. If that makes Ye a hypocrate I think he's probably ok with that. Knowing the way Ye is he'll be fine withthat as long as the bigger message of individuality, creativity, and a return to traditional aggressive/progressive hip hop is getting across. Which is whatthis is about to me. Hip Hop is off center right now and dudes is trying to get it back to where it needs to be. And its not just shots at anyone who has everfollowed a trend, its directed to hip hop as a whole.

So what if he is getting at Kanye though?

We all did the same when 808 dropped.
Speak for yourself. Like I said, its ironic that Jay made a song dissing all of these styles and !*%$, when Kanye, his biggest D ridder, made alot of those trends he's talking about hot. It just doesn't make sense to make a song like this when the man that helped make BP a classic and manymore of his songs into the main subject of this song.
EDIT- Now that the poster above me mentions it, I don't know why Kanye approved of this song in the first place either, bu like I said, the +#@* is hegonna do? He's just gonna roll with the punches thats what he's going to do

Maybe now dudes will wake up and see how ridiculous this is:

254.jpg

kanye-west-colette-22808-1.gif

9d963f5b1.jpg

Can't wait for a year or two when all the dudes who were copying his exact style and posting in WDYWT front like "naw man I never did that
laugh.gif
"

Big ups to all dudes who kept their own style and never fell into this *!!@*+@$.

Why do ya'll keep saying he's taking shots at Kanye? He clearly says in the song that Ye told him to kill it. And as for shots at other people, Drake, Joe, etc., I really don't think that's what the song is about. All he's trying to do is lean on the game a little and push it in another direction. It's not a personal attack on anyone, but if someone is feeling some kinda way (ahem ahem Jae Millz) so be it.
my whole take on this..which nobody has seem to address yet...wonder why?? ppl BEEN saying everything jay been saying..for at least the past year..especially ppl in ny..this is nothing new..and YES..thats basically kanyes image...i mean the name of his clothing line is pastelle! come on yall..get his nuts out yall mouth
Name one song dedicated to the topic that was as good as this...

And it is based on Kanye's image but i'm not understanding how that takes away from the song and message.
death of autotune...naw not one..the tight jeans bright colors etc...plenty of songs touched on that...its not taking away from the message being that its based on kanye..but ppl are trying to say its not based on kanye..and i think its d-ridish to co produce a beat where ur image is being portrayed as a bad thing by ur "big brother" who didnt wanna give u a chance in the first place
My dude you doing way too much. I don't know how they rock on your side but round here all that "nuts in mouth" talk ain't poppin. So we're just gonna move past that and I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt assuming you want to have a reasonable debate and not flame. On topic, dude expressed his opinion and we got cats in here analyzing it like a homework assignment. This is what makes hip hop so funny now. We challenge the greats for any and everything from hypocrisy on down the line and praise the lames for mediocrity all the way to outright insults to our sensibility as fans of what we call hip hop. Nas can't say hip hop is dead. Joe Budden can call out Method Man for no reason. Stanky Leg is dope cause it rocks in the club. Jae Millz thinks he can come at Jay. I dunno man, this current hip hop climate is funny to say the least.

And I never said he wasn't going at Ye's image. I said Ye cosigned it, therefore its not a direct dis to him. Moreso, its seems like something that he and Ye discussed and it came out in song. If that makes Ye a hypocrate I think he's probably ok with that. Knowing the way Ye is he'll be fine with that as long as the bigger message of individuality, creativity, and a return to traditional aggressive/progressive hip hop is getting across. Which is what this is about to me. Hip Hop is off center right now and dudes is trying to get it back to where it needs to be. And its not just shots at anyone who has ever followed a trend, its directed to hip hop as a whole.
wasnt coming at u directly...i was talking about everybody wanting to to get all amped cuz jay been saying the same thing ppl been saying...andthat whole "its not poppin round here" talk..calm down g...im from chicago..i kno what it is...yall making this sound out to be summin it isnt...sameppl gettig hyped now is the same ppl that got hyped when jay dropped bk anthem, brooklyn go hard...then 2 weeks from then u hardly heard those records

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

On topic, dude expressed his opinion and we got cats in here analyzing it like a homework assignment.
Pretty much.

Let's move on now.

waaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiitttttttt...this isnt a discussion board? with threads? discussing and analyzing music?.......damn..must be in the wrong place then..

Originally Posted by M16

Maybe now dudes will wake up and see how ridiculous this is:

Can't wait for a year or two when all the dudes who were copying his exact style and posting in WDYWT front like "naw man I never did that
laugh.gif
"

Big ups to all dudes who kept their own style and never fell into this *!!@*+@$.
Those aren't even Kanye's most "ridiculous" fits.
laugh.gif

And I hate to beat this dead horse, but I suppose you think throwbacks and fitteds are better?

Back
Top Bottom