New Era hat stickers

Originally Posted by DublBagn

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Off... but I like keeping the stickers for some reason... I 'curve' my brims as well. Like some guys said, to me, its like wearing your Levis with the cardboard tag still attached... but hey, wear your cap the way you want to.

Someone educate me... when did this 'leave the sticker on' trend start (mid-90's?) and why (to look 'fresh')? Just wondering.
mid to late 90's.....I refer to it as the "I pop tags phase" people wanted other people to know that everything they wore was "new".
it also created the skippin laces trend. because back then nike wouldn't lace the shoes at all out the box like they do now so we would justquickly lace the sneaker outta the store and skip laces.

so imagine a kid in the mid 90's go in a sneaker store ballin...he cops a couple shirts, kicks, and hats and when he leaves the store the hang tags arestill on the starter fitted and the hang tags are on the Nikes/british knights/reeboks/etc. still hooked on....dude is in a rush so he throws em on in thestore and skip laces to save time. then he just flips the cap on and is out the door. that in essence is a outfit "fresh out the door"

laugh.gif

I hate seeing dirty fitteds with the stickers on them half way peeled off.

is there really 6 pages on this? lol

anyone thats leaving the new new era stickers on is a fool. it covers the whole top half of the brim!

Originally Posted by MikeyFresh21

is there really 6 pages on this? lol

anyone thats leaving the new new era stickers on is a fool. it covers the whole top half of the brim!
i agree, especially when the gold sticker isn't attached to it and can be separated from the black sticker.

Originally Posted by Untitled

it also created the skippin laces trend. because back then nike wouldn't lace the shoes at all out the box like they do now so we would just quickly lace the sneaker outta the store and skip laces.

so imagine a kid in the mid 90's go in a sneaker store ballin...he cops a couple shirts, kicks, and hats and when he leaves the store the hang tags are still on the starter fitted and the hang tags are on the Nikes/british knights/reeboks/etc. still hooked on....dude is in a rush so he throws em on in the store and skip laces to save time. then he just flips the cap on and is out the door. that in essence is a outfit "fresh out the door"

Good call... almost forgot about Nikes being non-laced out of the box...

Originally Posted by GottaLoveMJ

thought this was weird, oh and off

25hlpgo.jpg

the ads post based on the thread...and as you can see, its focused on the sticker because they know we leave the sticker on...its the reason why they went backto gold foil on the sticker a few years ago.

I take mine off except the hologram on the bottom of the bill, but them big bulgy ones they just started puttin on authentic MLB hats are wack as hell and iwould like to smack everyone who leaves it on.

Originally Posted by fenixconnexion

after the first few wears, all of them come off
for some reason i like to leave em on for the first few times...
my dude you sure you rockin new eras? they come off easily only if you want it to. ive worn my fitteds plenty of times and none come off easilyunless i force it off with my bare hands.

Personally havent bought a fitted yet. I am looking for one or two soon. I would prefer sticker off.
One time, my friend left the price tags on cause thats what he thought ppl did lol.

I move the gold size sticker to the under brim. If I had an on field, I get rid of all the stickers except the tiny hologram that it comes with on theunderbrum anyway. But until I wear them, I leave them as if I just bought em out the store.

back in 8th grade i always kept the sticker on....but now I see how stupid it looks, especially with them ugly black brims that come with the huge blacksticker that covers up the whole damn thing...
eyes.gif
....I really miss greybrims
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Sno Nuff

I leave it on, or put it under the brim... I don't see why it's such a big deal that people leave it on
laugh.gif
, just do you and keep it movin'.

co-sign..i keep the sticks under brim

Originally Posted by LIQI2345

back in 8th grade i always kept the sticker on....but now I see how stupid it looks, especially with them ugly black brims that come with the huge black sticker that covers up the whole damn thing...
eyes.gif
....I really miss grey brims
frown.gif
that black sticker and the gold new era sticker AREN'T connected.

i take off the big sticker that overs the whole brim and just leave the gold circle sticker on

Back
Top Bottom