Nets 10-11 Pre-season- Haifa Oct 3 at THE ROCK/VC3FAN Life rant. lol

Nine straight.
tired.gif

Not much from Devin. We got some great play from our bench in the first half.

GS on Friday.

[h1]Nets president Rod Thorn: It's very unlikely we would trade Devin Harris[/h1]SAN FRANCISCO - Devin Harris knows his name is out there now, circulated mostly by out-of-towners using speculation and third-hand info to conclude that he's outta here as soon as the right deal comes along.

He's buying it, anyway:

"Been through it, done it, lived it. I remember how I got here," the Nets point guard said. "Have I heard it? Yes. Does it bother me? No. Will I talk to anyone (in management) about it?"

A pause. A laugh. Sounds like derision.

"Nah."

Too bad. Because all he had to do was walk across the gym Thursday and ask the only guy who is capable of putting the uninformed rumors to rest.

"It's very, very unlikely that we'd trade Devin. I never say never, but it's very unlikely that he's going to be traded," Nets president Rod Thorn said as he watched the start of practice at a health club in the city's financial district.

"I read the same things you do. There was one thing I saw the other day that was just wrong ­- about we were talking to Washington about trading Devin for Caron Butler? We never had one conversation with Washington about Caron Butler in five years - period.

"But you expect speculation, especially when you have a team that has a record like we do."
http://www.nj.com/nets/in...ent_rod_thorn_its_v.html

Rod Thorn being Rod Thorn

Said the same thing last year at a season ticket holder meet and greet about VC and walked out early due to a cell phone call and when you walked out you heardhim say "RC how are you"? VC is available. (RC Buford of the spurs)

may not happen till the draft but he is never going to show his cards or fold until the deadline.

Just curious Nets fans, how likely do you think it is the Nets will fail to get to 10 wins this season?
There is a chance they could sneak in a few wins the last few weeks of the season, when teams have locked up playoff spots.

I wouldnt be to surprised if we didnt get double digit wins... I do think it is more likely we will though.

With the record aside, im just hoping for the development of our young guys. Then the season wouldnt be a failure

By the way... Worst free throws ever
laugh.gif

Winning less than 10? Eh, I'm not sure. Right now, looking at our schedule, and knowing how this team messes up on good opportunities, I'd say the chances are high. But who knows? Trades go down, and things change after the All-star break.

I like what humphries brings to this team. I think his tough play & grittiness is a good addition to the squad. Sure, hes a little shot happy... But he adds a spark i think this team needs.

Not one win in 2010. 3rd time we have lost 10 straight this season.

Well, it's the last game of this road trip is tomorrow.

I saw the score at the bar last night and just shook my head.

They just keep getting worse.

lol.

Too much careless passing going on.

And we're allowing them to shoot 65% from the floor. They were shooting over 80% midway through the 2nd.

Thank goodness this road trip is over. Hopefully the 3 days off will do us good.

We gave up 70 points in the paint. That's the best I've seen our bench perform in awhile, but this was just a terrible game.

lippers tonight.

No Devin, No Lee, Maybe No CDR (guy is getting on my nerves now. bought his jersey too.
indifferent.gif
mad.gif
)

So another tough night for this Nets squad.

I posted in the Amare thread and The deal is not that close from what I heard.

I don't think we need to go into it that much.

If a deal happens it happens. Usually the deals you hear about as rumors never happen. Kidd for Devin really came out of nowhere when Kidd wanted to be traded.

Carter deal both times. etc etc.

Will be in the Izod as always for home games.

lets go nets!!!

Back
Top Bottom