Need some words of advice from my NT fam...

Truth, I'm married and ONCE my wife got lazy and started to let herself go and put it straight up to her.

Just like you said your love is conditional, right? Well I asked her, "if I just gave up and got fat and wasn't making moves to better our situation, would you stay with me?" Her honest answer, "no." Then I said "ok, I'm not gonna be married to a fat, out of shape woman. So address the issue or I will." She's in the gym 3-4 times a week now and got a personal trainer.

You gotta be cold about it and if she doesn't change, you gotta move on. We live in a time where the options are damn near limitless. Women and men need to understand this and if they want to keep the one they have, they need be constantly working to do so.

Being cut up into your 60s isn't unrealistic either.

Originally Posted by Brolic Scholar

Truth, I'm married and ONCE my wife got lazy and started to let herself go and put it straight up to her.

Just like you said your love is conditional, right? Well I asked her, "if I just gave up and got fat and wasn't making moves to better our situation, would you stay with me?" Her honest answer, "no." Then I said "ok, I'm not gonna be married to a fat, out of shape woman. So address the issue or I will." She's in the gym 3-4 times a week now and got a personal trainer.

You gotta be cold about it and if she doesn't change, you gotta move on. We live in a time where the options are damn near limitless. Women and men need to understand this and if they want to keep the one they have, they need be constantly working to do so.

agreed 100%.  Thats pretty much how the conversation went.

Originally Posted by Brolic Scholar

agreed 100%.  Thats pretty much how the conversation went.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

lol....honestly, is she overweight or something or is it that your expectations are set too high???....plenty of lazy good looking girls out there, but if what you want is a woman that enjoys a gym just as much as you may then she might not be the best match for you, stop trying to change her, if its not her steez to get off her $$$ and hit the treadmill and you are too shallow to accept that one day she might evolve into a fat $$$ then accept that an move on, find someone better suited for you nd quit wasting yours and her time.
But realistically speaking, this is what happens in relationships. People try and change people. Some like to disguise it as being "compromise." I don't think he shouldn't try to change her, but if she hasn't gotten it now, and as a result you are fed up, I don't see why you should stay.

Just don't talk down to her. Let her know it is important but don't say you want her in shape because of looks reason. Use the, "I want you healthy" approach so it doesn't make you appear as bad.

I hate situations like this because no matter what, if this were a movie you would be the villain. Even though she is the one not holding up her end of the stick. I think anyone in a relationship owes it to their s/o to keep their body right.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

lol....honestly, is she overweight or something or is it that your expectations are set too high???....plenty of lazy good looking girls out there, but if what you want is a woman that enjoys a gym just as much as you may then she might not be the best match for you, stop trying to change her, if its not her steez to get off her $$$ and hit the treadmill and you are too shallow to accept that one day she might evolve into a fat $$$ then accept that an move on, find someone better suited for you nd quit wasting yours and her time.
But realistically speaking, this is what happens in relationships. People try and change people. Some like to disguise it as being "compromise." I don't think he shouldn't try to change her, but if she hasn't gotten it now, and as a result you are fed up, I don't see why you should stay.

Just don't talk down to her. Let her know it is important but don't say you want her in shape because of looks reason. Use the, "I want you healthy" approach so it doesn't make you appear as bad.

I hate situations like this because no matter what, if this were a movie you would be the villain. Even though she is the one not holding up her end of the stick. I think anyone in a relationship owes it to their s/o to keep their body right.

Originally Posted by cguy610

Just deal with it man.  If she becomes a blimp, love her for the pretty blimp that she is.  You love her, you love her family, enough said. 
I am against any method of thinking that promotes complacency. And this is an example of that. So NO. Forget the whole, "Love her for who she is" fairy tale talk. Loving someone for who she is will do nothing but give him "erectile" dysfuntion since he doesn't like fat girls and she will end up complaining about it. Then he will get on Viagara and end up having a heart attack or a stroke.

Just deal with it man.  If she becomes a blimp, love her for the pretty blimp that she is.  You love her, you love her family, enough said. 
I am against any method of thinking that promotes complacency. And this is an example of that. So NO. Forget the whole, "Love her for who she is" fairy tale talk. Loving someone for who she is will do nothing but give him "erectile" dysfuntion since he doesn't like fat girls and she will end up complaining about it. Then he will get on Viagara and end up having a heart attack or a stroke.

Originally Posted by RufioRufioRufio

have you called her fat yet?

whatever her reaction is, you will win.
Call me a jerk, but no matter the girl's size, I always "play" call them fat. So they never know what to think. It has a 100% success rate. You might want to try it. But I start the fat jokes early on. You are 1+ year into this thing, so you might be SOL
laugh.gif

Call me a jerk, but no matter the girl's size, I always "play" call them fat. So they never know what to think. It has a 100% success rate. You might want to try it. But I start the fat jokes early on. You are 1+ year into this thing, so you might be SOL
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

eek.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

you are a fool

eek.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

you are a fool

Most chicks I know only go to the gym to get dudes. And she got you without even doing that. No chance she's changing. Cancel that like Nino.

Most chicks I know only go to the gym to get dudes. And she got you without even doing that. No chance she's changing. Cancel that like Nino.

laugh.gif

Youre probably single.

laugh.gif

Youre probably single.

It might be a temporary weight gain though.  If there are no other issues, he should stick it out.  What if he gets hurt playing ball and gains weight?  Should she leave him? 

What if she loses the weight after he drops her?  Is he going to come begging her to come back?

It might be a temporary weight gain though.  If there are no other issues, he should stick it out.  What if he gets hurt playing ball and gains weight?  Should she leave him? 

What if she loses the weight after he drops her?  Is he going to come begging her to come back?

Originally Posted by Lilyuh

laugh.gif

Youre probably single
How is that relevant? Or did you just want an excuse to take a shot?

Originally Posted by Lilyuh

laugh.gif

Youre probably single
How is that relevant? Or did you just want an excuse to take a shot?

It isn't about just sticking it out. It is about you saying he should shutup and just deal with it. No, that isn't what he should do. If he is unhappy, he should speak up. Closed mouthes don't get fed.

Just take care of your body. Both people. That is all I am saying.

It isn't about just sticking it out. It is about you saying he should shutup and just deal with it. No, that isn't what he should do. If he is unhappy, he should speak up. Closed mouthes don't get fed.

Just take care of your body. Both people. That is all I am saying.

You're not happy.
Let her go and find someone that truly makes you happy.

But please know that once you drop her she will workout, loose the weight, and become the woman that you want.
Just make sure that you are mentally strong enough to

when she's in a realationship with someone else

You're not happy.

But please know that once you drop her she will workout, loose the weight, and become the woman that you want.

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

You're not happy.

laugh.gif
roll.gif

I already know this tho man...That's why I'm mad.  I'm like damn you are going to have to workout sooner or later.  Why not just do it now and prevent all the drama.  I think I got my point across this afternoon.  Let's just pray things get better.

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

You're not happy.

laugh.gif
roll.gif

I already know this tho man...That's why I'm mad.  I'm like damn you are going to have to workout sooner or later.  Why not just do it now and prevent all the drama.  I think I got my point across this afternoon.  Let's just pray things get better.

Back
Top Bottom