Nearly half of detroiters can't read.

read this last week...so sad

makes me more determined to stay involved with kids and their education...

reading that i wouldn't mind working with adults and their literacy

whats the graduation rate in Detroit?

read this last week...so sad

makes me more determined to stay involved with kids and their education...

reading that i wouldn't mind working with adults and their literacy

whats the graduation rate in Detroit?

Government run education. 
pimp.gif

That's so scary...the future of detroit is not very promising by the looks of it.

That's so scary...the future of detroit is not very promising by the looks of it.

DPS's graduation rate in 2008-09 was a reported 58%, up from a 2007 Education Week report of 24.9 %. However, I don't think that this is an accurate depiction of Detroit's literacy because many kids attend charter schools in Detroit. For example, Cass Technical Highschool Downtown had a 97% graduation rate in 2007 while the state average was 71.5. I think I recall reading somewhere that we were a pretty well ranked state in regards to high schools. I'm curious to see how other states stack up.

DPS's graduation rate in 2008-09 was a reported 58%, up from a 2007 Education Week report of 24.9 %. However, I don't think that this is an accurate depiction of Detroit's literacy because many kids attend charter schools in Detroit. For example, Cass Technical Highschool Downtown had a 97% graduation rate in 2007 while the state average was 71.5. I think I recall reading somewhere that we were a pretty well ranked state in regards to high schools. I'm curious to see how other states stack up.

Back
Top Bottom