NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

...the hell they bring that picture out for?

Mad awkward...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by doyung9

You crazy if you think the Rockets are gonna give you guys one of the only guys who can guard Kobe Bryant. They'll send him east somewhere.

And how could LA afford Artest... MLE?

ESPN just reported that a someone close to Ron said if it came down to Cleveland or LA, he'd pick LA b/c the city is better
laugh.gif

and that pic of shaq and ferry is mad ayo!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

[h1]Miami Contacts Iverson And Artest[/h1]
Jul 02, 2009 6:13 PM EST

Iverson_Allen_det.jpg
Allen Iverson and Ron Artest have been contacted by Pat Riley in the opening days of free-agency negotiations, league sources said Thursday.

Riley entered the start of the free agency negotiating period Wednesday saying he would be reluctant to spend the $5.5 million mid-level exception because the Heat already was past the league's anticipated dollar-for-dollar luxury tax on excessive payrolls.

Via Miami Herald
bitqh1.jpg

In case you missed it, in the first quarter of Monday's game Riley and Heat rookie Caron Butler each received technical fouls when they protested that Artest had fouled Butler while jostling for position during a dead ball. As Riley continued to complain, Artest strolled up to the coach and joined the argument. That's a no-no. "Don't talk to me," Riley told Artest.

Then, about four minutes into the fourth quarter, Artest was called for a flagrant foul when he ran over Butler as they chased a loose ball out of bounds. Somehow, there was no incident after that, but there was two minutes later when Artest, after drawing a foul on a strange-looking scoop shot, walked toward the Miami bench with his right arm flexed. As he and Heat assistant coach Keith Askins had words, Artest brushed against Riley. That's a double no-no. They began shouting at each other and Riley shoved Artest away. The whole thing had a frightening nuttiness about it, particularly since Artest, as was often the case with Rodman, showed little emotion, and afterward reacted with a what-me? disingenuousness when asked about the incident.
Bwhahaha
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
...this was the game where Ron flipped the bird to Miami fans.

as much as i like AI... i dont know how he would blend in on our team... i think it might work... AI is not a pg... wade can play pg but he doesnt want to andit is his team... wade likes coming off the screen and hitting that mid range jumper... is AI willing to pass... did he get a reality check in detroit? notsure about his attitude... i dont think it would be a good idea to have him around beasley...

AI / chalmers / beverley
wade / cook
beasley / jones / moon
haslem / beasley
J.O. / maglorie

Originally Posted by doyung9

You crazy if you think the Rockets are gonna give you guys one of the only guys who can guard Kobe Bryant. They'll send him east somewhere.

And how could LA afford Artest... MLE?

like the rockets have a say in the matter, the dude is an unrestricted free agent. He can go wherever the hell he pleases.

$$+% this !!*%%## !*!%@*%$. That !!*%%## *!+!@ is gonna play with the !!*%%## Lakers?! $$+% that ##**%%%!*%!#!
indifferent.gif
mad.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by franchise3

Cbssports.com
Uhh?
laugh.gif

Ain't nothing about Artest+Lakers on there.

False alarm.

laugh.gif
jesus look at the very top of the page. It know your first instinctisnt to look at the very top, but it is clearly there. Nice, Lakers bout to be champs again
pimp.gif

its like an ESPN ticker

here is what it says:

One-time All-Star forward Ron Artest tells CBSSports.com senior writer Ken Berger he'll be signing with the Lakers. React!

Originally Posted by Scottsauce88

Originally Posted by franchise3

Cbssports.com
Uhh?
laugh.gif

Ain't nothing about Artest+Lakers on there.

False alarm.
laugh.gif
jesus look at the very top of the page. It know your first instinct isnt to look at the very top, but it is clearly there. Nice, Lakers bout to be champs again
pimp.gif
Who the hell puts a headline at the VERY VERY VERY VERY TOP of the page.
laugh.gif

I still don't see a source though, it's just on the top of the page...
ohwell.gif

It's straight from Ron's mouth though.

That's a big a source as you can get

..unless Ron is messing with everybody
laugh.gif

If Sheed is smart he easily signs with the Spurs, starter, a lot of minutes obviously and a really good team.

Back
Top Bottom