NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

venom lyrix wrote:

why is he wearing 33 did he say why not 32 or 34?

Because 33 is the number of keys that OC ruined on his keyboard when he found out Cleveland was getting Shaq.

OC gives sticky fingers a whole new meaning
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Cool... Wonder what the money will be? Full MLE I guess?
I'm guessing...
ohwell.gif
Best wishes towards getting Marquisfor LLE, and then using Stack for a trade. Thing is it's for five years (this screams Diop all over again,
laugh.gif
), but hopefully that will make ORL loseinterest.

[h2]Committed? Gortat to tour Mavs' facility[/h2]

Comment Email Print By Marc Stein
ESPN.com
Archive

Restricted free-agent center Marcin Gortat was scheduled to fly to Dallas onThursday after giving the Mavericks a verbal commitment to sign an offer sheet with them next week, according to NBA front-office sources.

Sources told ESPN.com that the Mavericks are bringing Gortat to town to tour the area and the team's facilities after extending him an offer believed tobe worth Dallas' full mid-level exception -- which could translate to a five-year deal starting at roughly $5.6 million -- in hopes of dissuading theOrlando Magic from matching the offer.

Gortat averaged just 3.8 points and 4.5 rebounds per game last season and 3.3 points and 3.2 rebounds during the Magic's run to the NBA Finals, but hisopportunities in Orlando were limited behind All-Star center Dwight Howard.

Since free agency commenced at 12:01 a.m. Wednesday, Gortat has received strong interest from the other two Texas teams (Houston and San Antonio) as well asAtlanta, Cleveland, Indiana and Oklahoma City, sources said.

Orlando will have seven days to match any offer sheet Gortat signs next Wednesday, which is the first day free agents are allowed to sign new contracts. TheMagic have stressed their intent to match offers for the 6-foot-11 native of Poland but doing so would almost certainly send them well into luxury-taxterritory.

Marc Stein is a senior NBA writer for ESPN.com.

Orlando's bench is getting REAL thin..........

D12, Lewis, Vince, Pietrus, Jameer is great, then what?

No Lee, Skip, Gortat, or Battie.

It's all on Reddick I guess.
laugh.gif

Well, Otis Smith said he'd match the offer for Gortat, the Mavericks only hope is if they don't want 5 years @ the full MLE.

CP, yes.

And that pains me to say it.

Ariza would be basically Shane Battier's replacement, with more of an offensive game. Dude is 24 with room to grow.

We all love Shane but no Yao, no TMac what are the Rockets really gonna do this upcoming season.

Hope to land a big time FA or two lesser ones come 2010 with TMac's expiring to pair up with Trevor and maybe AB if he's still around. And hopefully ahealthy Yao in 2010, who'd be on the last leg of his contract with 17M coming off the books in time for the 2011 FA period.

Might as well.

Ok apparently the Rockets have offered Ariza the full MLE
laugh.gif

How does dude not resign with LA, if only the MLE is available to the dude? He scorns LA that much?

Originally Posted by franchise3

Ok apparently the Rockets have offered Ariza the full MLE
laugh.gif

How does dude not resign with LA, if only the MLE is available to the dude? He scorns LA that much?
Nevermind, I misunderstood. I believe you're saying how does he not re-sign with LA knowing that most teams of any relevance can only signAriza for MLE?

Yeah it's hard to believe he won't, unless him getting a lot of PT is really a necessity for him to sign a contract.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Orlando's bench is getting REAL thin..........

D12, Lewis, Vince, Pietrus, Jameer is great, then what?

No Lee, Skip, Gortat, or Battie.

It's all on Reddick I guess.
laugh.gif

Same thing i was thinking... Gortat was great compliment to D12.. if i remember correctly he defended our bigs better that Howard in the finals..

So..They gave up their bench + Hedo and got Vince?
laugh.gif

Celtics offer Sheed 2 year deal

Knicks offer Kidd a 3 year deal
Pretty much Kidd will leave for NYK only if he wants less money in hopes that LBJ will join him next year.

Shane sounds like a good replacement for Trev although him and Kobe in practice together would be HILARIOUS...

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Celtics offer Sheed 2 year deal

Knicks offer Kidd a 3 year deal
Pretty much Kidd will leave for NYK only if he wants less money in hopes that LBJ will join him next year.

Kidd is going to go to whomever offers him the most. Cant imagine how much his divorce cost him.

[h1]Miami Contacts Iverson And Artest[/h1]
Jul 02, 2009 6:13 PM EST

Iverson_Allen_det.jpg
Allen Iverson and Ron Artest havebeen contacted by Pat Riley in the opening days of free-agency negotiations, league sources said Thursday.

Riley entered the start of the free agency negotiating period Wednesday saying he would be reluctant to spend the $5.5 million mid-level exception becausethe Heat already was past the league's anticipated dollar-for-dollar luxury tax on excessive payrolls.

Via Miami Herald

[h2]Celtics reportedly make offer to Wallace[/h2]

Rasheed Wallace, the free agent forward who spent the last five-plus seasons in Detroit, got the full-court press from the Boston Celtics on Thursday, according to a report in the Boston Globe.

The Globe, citing a single NBA source, said that Celtics managing partner Wyc Grousbeck, team president Danny Ainge, coach Doc Rivers and all-stars Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce and Ray Allen, all met with Wallace for three hours in Detroit.

The Celtics are reportedly offering a contract using the mid-level exception, the Globe reported. The newspaper said that Wallace didn't make a decision during the meeting. The Boston Herald reported that Wallace has informed teams courting him that he won't make a decision quickly.

Wallace averaged 12 points and 7.4 rebounds last season for the Pistons. For his 14-year career, he's averaged 15 points and 6.9 rebounds per game.

Man I liked our team and hopefuly we can keep Trevor but RON ROCKIN A PURP/GOLD 96 NXT SEASON IS
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Ron would be like our Rodman
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

C's going all out...
laugh.gif

I still get the feeling one of the other bidders will offer more $$$ and a bigger role...

You crazy if you think the Rockets are gonna give you guys one of the only guys who can guard Kobe Bryant. They'll send him east somewhere.

And how could LA afford Artest... MLE?

Back
Top Bottom