NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Yeah Osh, I agree with that, sure. Do you think Toronto is truly interested in 30-40 mil for Ariza? Does he fill out your roster for you guys?
laugh.gif

I'm tellin ya, this agent is trying to pry money outta LA.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Yeah Osh, I agree with that, sure. Do you think Toronto is truly interested in 30-40 mil for Ariza? Does he fill out your roster for you guys?
laugh.gif

I'm tellin ya, this agent is trying to pry money outta LA.
I think a team with money to spend is crazy enough to do that.

Originally Posted by LifeLessons

if Portland get rid of Outlaw then they are idiots

Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me, Jason Quick also said that trade for Blake and Outlaw for Miller is DEAD. He said there was no way it was goin down.

Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me, Jason Quick also said that trade for Blake and Outlaw for Miller is DEAD. He said there was no way it was goin down.

Nobody will call Pritchard an idiot because he supposedly makes all the right decisions.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Nobody will call Pritchard an idiot because he supposedly makes all the right decisions.
grin.gif
The man can do no wrong. He is perfect, he walks on water in his spare time. Something like that.

didnt the blazers want nate? what happened to that? i want rudy in NY, if they can somehow sign and trade nate for rudy that would be
pimp.gif

What's the word on LO? His status has been quiet compared to Turk, Ariza and Artest.

Probably having a ball at the Willy Wonka factory for all we know
smh.gif

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

What's the word on LO? His status has been quiet compared to Turk, Ariza and Artest.

Probably having a ball at the Willy Wonka factory for all we know
smh.gif

laugh.gif

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1913969

I just found out that 30% of Zach Randolph's contract is deferred. So instead of Memphis paying 16 mil a year, they will be paying him 11 mil a year. Thisobviously makes it more of a financial move from Heisley.
nerd.gif

One other thing I saw in that article is to what Battier was signed for around the time for his extension. 6 years/37 million. If Ariza gets 30 somethingmillion in just 5 years, something is wrong.

^I haven't heard anything either, but he's clearly going to stay with all this mess about Ariza.

Did ESPN say the Cavs weren't the favorite to get both Ariza or Artest? That's what people are saying on the Cavs boards, but those jackasses also saidwe should sign OJ Mayo this offseason...

All you need is money + desperation + shallow free agent pool and Ariza can get 40 million.

I'm not saying it's a good thing, I'm saying that if you have salary cap space and your city expects you to spend it, you will spend it. Ask CoreyMaggete and the warriors.

Tayshaun Prince got 5 years 49 million, whats the difference between Tayshaun and Ariza?
ohwell.gif

Yea just depends on your playoff success and if theres not a lot of free agents around

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

All you need is money + desperation + shallow free agent pool and Ariza can get 40 million.

I'm not saying it's a good thing, I'm saying that if you have salary cap space and your city expects you to spend it, you will spend it. Ask Corey Maggete and the warriors.

Tayshaun Prince got 5 years 49 million, whats the difference between Tayshaun and Ariza?
ohwell.gif
Tayshaun is overpaid, but he can do everything Trevor does while also being able to post up and set up the offense.

Only thing Trevor has on his side is his age.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

I'm not saying it's a good thing, I'm saying that if you have salary cap space and your city expects you to spend it, you will spend it. Ask Corey Maggete and the warriors.

ohwell.gif

Eh.

I can considered Prince more valuable around the time he got his deal compared to Ariza now. The thing with Prince is that Detroit wouldn't have beenDetroit without him. I believe LAL can deal without having Ariza as long as they re-sign Odom. Ariza had 7 seasons with 3 different teams already to go alongwith no major starting role until the postseason. Prince was a starter the year after his rookie year and never missed a game.

Ariza shot the ball well in the playoffs, but during the season he was still suspect. If he can start out next season shooting the same way he did in theplayoffs, I can officially say he improved his jumper. I still wouldn't give him nowhere near what Prince made with Detroit.

I have a question.

What the hell is Detroit doing? Do they not realize that the biggest free agent class in history is NEXT season? Why are they throwing out 95 million dollarsto Ben Gordon and Charlie V?
sick.gif
ohwell.gif

Why not suck next year, collect that lottery pick and have more money then anybody next year and no matter who they land, Bosh, Bron, Amary, Wade, Nash, Dirk,whatever whatever, they will be back in the mix in only 2 years? These deals make zero sense to me.

Getting out from an aging stars contract in Billups was a great move (cap wise), let Sheed walk, let Dyess go, try to hold on too Prince, Rip, and I guessStuckey, and start to rebuild for next year.

Now? What's their plan? Win 35 games and get swept in the first round again? The hell?

^ Pretty much. Why are they throwing around that much money to a ball-hog and a player who is accustomed to losing. It baffles me. These two guys will not make your team elite. They're role players at best.

I used to think Joe Dumars was a genius, but now
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom