NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Originally Posted by CP1708

That team ain't goin to the playoffs. They would defend no one and would tear each other apart at some point.
That's the reason they went out and got players that could defend. We improved our defense via draft remember that. Talent is talent. I'mnot saying they will be an elite West team, but you can't tell me that team couldn't be out teams like Hornets and Rockets (without Yao and no Artest).It will make the Grizz relevant for two years giving the young guys more time to grow. They would be unstoppable on offense with that many offensive weapons.Memphis isn't going to be relevant for 1 or 2 more years anyway, so why not try to sell tickets by adding one of the most known players in the NBA todaytil' that happens?

Wait, I just thought about something. Iverson isn't coming to Memphis to win a championship. Why would he complain about being on a young team? If he sayshe interested in the team, he obviously wants to try and help it grow. Same goes with if he want to Charlotte or Chicago. It's nothing like the Denver orDetroit situation where those teams thought they would be an elite team in their respective conferences if they added him. That's not the case in Memphis.

can you imagine the bad influences on that team....
Zbo at the dinner table and AI at the strip clubs... in MEMPHIS no less...
smh.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

That team ain't goin to the playoffs. They would defend no one and would tear each other apart at some point.
That's the reason they went out and got players that could defend. We improved our defense via draft remember that. Talent is talent. I'm not saying they will be an elite West team, but you can't tell me that team couldn't be out teams like Hornets and Rockets (without Yao and no Artest). It will make the Grizz relevant for two years giving the young guys more time to grow. They would be unstoppable on offense with that many offensive weapons. Memphis isn't going to be relevant for 1 or 2 more years anyway, so why not try to sell tickets by adding one of the most known players in the NBA today til' that happens?

Wait, I just thought about something. Iverson isn't coming to Memphis to win a championship. Why would he complain about being on a young team? If he says he interested in the team, he obviously wants to try and help it grow. Same goes with if he want to Charlotte or Chicago. It's nothing like the Denver or Detroit situation where those teams thought they would be an elite team in their respective conferences if they added him. That's not the case in Memphis.

Good lord you don't really beleive any of that @#$% you just typed do you?

AI doesn't give a crap about teaching no damn kids how to play. He wants to shoot the ball at will.

ZBo will prolly punch AI in the face, then go to the club with him.

Thabeet will foul out faster then Greg Oden because the lane will look like a free way with all the players going past their men. He will have to tackle dudesto stop them from dunking on him.

OJ will see they way do things, and go the wrong way. You do not want this kid to watch AI and Zach handle their NBA business from day to day.

It will be a disaster of 2012 proportions.

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

smh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

What did I ever do to deserve this?

I'm not even a full fledged Grizzlies fan (Lakers), but I mean come on...

I like how the dead Sonics are handling their business.

Sit back, draft well, stay quiet, make a nice move here and there, no panic. Memphis? Not so much apparently.

Iverson with a bunch of youngin's is going to be like watching him in warmups...jumper, jumper, jumper, jumper, jumper, jumper, layup.

Originally Posted by LifeLessons

if Portland get rid of Outlaw then they are idiots

\ I'm a Blazer and watched almost every game this year and Outlaw is garbage. He seriously only does one thing and that is dribble elevate and shoot. Hedoesnt really play D and he doesnt utilize his athleticism. We might as well trade him now before other teams realize this and he loses his Value.

Originally Posted by JDB1523

Iverson with a bunch of youngin's is going to be like watching him in warmups...jumper, jumper, jumper, jumper, jumper, jumper, layup.
...miss, miss, make, miss, miss, miss, make.

As predictable as the circle of life
smh.gif

Move over OC we have a bigger homer then you on here, i swear memphis could get Eddy Curry,Kwame Brown,Brian Scalabrine and Sasha Vujacic and he would try andflip it to a good way

Yea, its that bad of a move since he's basically a one-year rental and better than any PF on our roster right now.
you really think zach is going to leave 17 million on the table? not one team in the NBA will offer him anything close to that. you have zach for2 years because he will not opt out

People fail to realize that Damon Stoudamire is an assistant in Memphis, so he is one player that could probably keep Randolph's head leveled to a certain extent. If Randolph is that bad of a cancer, Memphis can just let him ride the bench and keep him away from the team
i can be there was better assistant coachs on the clippers and knicks bench and front office and did he listen to them? so what makes Stoudamireany different? the problem is once zach becomes a cancer he will already have spread to most of the team %$%*#@@

i am not doubting that the dude has serious character problems. I am doubting the dramatic effect some are claiming one guy with bad character can have.

If he is the only bad character guy then he will be astrocized (sp?) by the rest of the team.
i almost spit my cereal out laughing at that crap cause you dont even believe that

I bet the casual NBA fan in Memphis would be at most of the Grizzlies games if that trade happened
at the start ya then when the team starts to suck which they will that stadium would look like a marlins game

I would think Iverson would play here 2 or 3 years. Give the young core time to become seasoned NBA vets that know how to win and we will have a sucessful franchise with a lot of fans and respect. The Grizz can become a relevant playoff team and by the time Randolph and AI leave, the core will be ready to compete on its own and will continue to be a playoff team.
NVM no comment on that

That's the reason they went out and got players that could defend. We improved our defense via draft remember that. Talent is talent. I'm not saying they will be an elite West team, but you can't tell me that team couldn't be out teams like Hornets and Rockets (without Yao and no Artest). It will make the Grizz relevant for two years giving the young guys more time to grow. They would be unstoppable on offense with that many offensive weapons.
roll.gif

Good lord you don't really beleive any of that @#$% you just typed do you?

^REAL TALK. i just give up arguing with this guy. the amount of homerism you have is unbelievable...

Originally Posted by xblker47

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

smh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

That team would be funny and dysfunctional as hell.

AI and Z-Bo = it will not end well.
laugh.gif

I like how the dead Sonics are handling their business.

Sit back, draft well, stay quiet, make a nice move here and there, no panic. Memphis? Not so much apparently.

This is why i represent Sam Presti so much...
Few understand how absolutely hard it is to build a team...
all that pressure...
owners trying to save money AND WIN, players trying to get money, fans wanting a good product AT (relatively) LOW PRICES, execs wanting a team that is"marketable"
one wrong move and it might set your team back 2-3 yrs and cost you your job...
ESPECIALLY young, unestablished GMs
Sam got rid of old assets, collected new assets along the way, weaseled some deals(suns
nerd.gif
), drafted SMARTLY (missed on Landry, but with all due respect who would ofknown?!), took players off the scrap heap in Kcrtic and Livingston and gave them a shot...and gave us a young, exciting brand of basketball.
As a fan of basketball first, and the Lakers second... I can respect that, plus it doesnt hurt to have KD on their team \m/

you really think zach is going to leave 17 million on the table? not one team in the NBA will offer him anything close to that. you have zach for 2 years because he will not opt out
He's an expiring contract after this season. I didn't say he would opt out. A team can take the guy to get 17 million off the books at theend of next season. All because he's on the team doesn't mean he has to be a distraction and play in the games.

Move over OC we have a bigger homer then you on here, i swear memphis could get Eddy Curry,Kwame Brown,Brian Scalabrine and Sasha Vujacic and he would try and flip it to a good way
How come every thing I say has to be homeristic? I always point out the bad with the good. I look at things from both standpoints. Its adifference than just saying everything is going to go great, etc. Some people on here just look at Memphis as a team who has won 68 games in their past 3seasons. They don't realize the young talent they have and think that anything that touch Memphis soil is bad. Nothing positive ever comes from anybodyabout Memphis because its always bad regardless of what Memphis do.

Even the national media who criticize Memphis constantly is finally giving the team credit for making some decent moves that aren't all that bad. Of courseNT won't look at it that way. I DO realize the outcome can be very bad, but at the same time Memphis doesn't have Randolph for 5 years. Stop making 2years turn into some big ordeal like he signed a life contract with the team. If Memphis would've gave David Lee 5 yrs/60 million, you would still bebashing the team talking about how dumb it was. Everybody can't luck up in the lottery and draft the next Rose, Durant, Lebron, etc.

So, like I stated before, no matter what moves Memphis makes people will still bash them becuase of how they view the team since the Pau trade. I swear Memphiscould've signed Ariza and Boozer this off-season and people would talk about how bad the team is going to be.

To say the team will flat out suck is just your opinon just like my opinion is they will be pretty decent. This isn't Portland getting Randolph back andthey go from a 50 win team to a 30-win team.

This is a 24-win team gaining an asset and will win more games than last year regardless of how bad his problems are. We can even bet screen names on it if youreally think Memphis isn't going to win more games next season.

It's stupid to say that putting Iverson on an already talented young 24 win team with an average of 10,000 people attendance wise won't bring in morefans . Every time AI comes here, its a near sellout. To automatically assume that its going to make the Grizz such a bad team is stupid. I'm notautomatically assuming anything. Judging by past experiences, its not a good idea but why not test it out?

Whoever lives in Memphis, would know how excited the casual fan would be here to bring in Iverson. Truth be told, probably nobody in this thread lives inMemphis but me. I know these things for a fact. Whether the team loses or not, people will want to go see him. Point blank. That's not a homeristiccomment, its just the truth.

In order for Memphis to make the playoffs they need AT LEAST 50 wins, doubling their win total from last season.

I don't see that happening, even with this new 'reloaded' (
laugh.gif
) roster.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

In order for Memphis to make the playoffs they need AT LEAST 50 wins, doubling their win total from last season.

I don't see that happening, even with this new 'reloaded' (
laugh.gif
) roster.

Playoffs just might be a reach, but I wouldn't put it out of the context. They can double their win total because they did it during the 2003-04 seasonwhen they first made the playoffs. If it happens, then great.

Memphis have supposedly been the joke of the NBA since the Pau trade right? What will adding extra talent to the roster make us?

Back
Top Bottom