NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

Seems like the knicks are looking at a front court of hill and milicic. Its gonna be sad seeing lee go. Lee brings everything to the table: energy, heart, great teammate, double-double machine. I think he'll be worth the 50 mill in the future
jefferies+curry too. dont forget about them
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

The Nuggets are expected to offer forward Chris Andersen a multi-year contract, according to a league source.

Denver general manager Mark Warkentien boarded a plane on Wednesday morning for Los Angeles in order to present the offer to Andersen, who is considered the team's top priority.

^
Yeah KLJ, was just comin in here to say that Stein is saying that the Nuggs think that Anderson will sign quickly and they can move onto chasing others likeGrant Hill.

So you should be good.

Fat boy zach would make the grizz even worse

and whats wrong with given hedo a 5 year deal? he is already slow player so he wont lose any steps and he is not a player that uses athleticism

Interesting way to look at the MEM-LAL deal if the Grizz get Lee:

Lakers get:
Pau Gasol

Grizzlies get:
David Lee
Marc Gasol
Darrell Arthur
Demare Carroll
2010 First round draft pick

nerd.gif

[h1]Jazz Will Look To Trade Boozerhttp://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60253/20090701/jazz_will_look_to_trade_boozer/[/h1]

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60253/20090701/jazz_will_look_to_trade_boozer/
[h3]More Jazz News[/h3]

Jul 01, 2009 1:57 PM EST

Boozer_Carlos_uta.jpg
The Utah Jazz will likely look to trade Carlos Boozer after he surprisingly decided to opt into his contract for the 2009-10 season.

Utah would like to keep Paul Millsap at power forward and retaining Boozer would mean severe luxury tax penalties.

Memphis please sign Lee now, before the Thunder try to go after him because it seems like Millsap will be back in Utah.

Both teams really get what they were after really. Memphis got cap space which parlayed into young talent and the Lakers got the 'ship.

Rockets offered Gortat less than the MLE and his agent is saying he's gotten full MLE offers and one offer that's higher than the MLE
eek.gif
laugh.gif

The Utah Jazz will likely look to trade Carlos Boozer after he surprisingly decided to opt into his contract for the 2009-10 season.
Utah would like to keep Paul Millsap at power forward and retaining Boozer would mean severe luxury tax penalties.

The Grizzlies could take Carlos Boozer off of Utah's hands, helping Utah retaining Paul Millsap.

Boozer would probably leave next summer though.

Bigmike23 wrote:

and whats wrong with given hedo a 5 year deal? he is already slow player so he wont lose any steps and he is not a player that uses athleticism

He's at least ok at 30, what's he gonna be at 35 Mike, quicker?
He's going to be losing steps each year of the deal. And he could drop off quickly after 32 or 33. And I assume his money will be going up, say 8 milthis year, 9 mill, then 10, 11, etc etc etc. He will be IMMOVABLE by the 3rd year at 12 mil a year.

And how good will he be if he is on the floor at the same time with Roy, and Andre (if they get him)? They all need the ball in their hands, won't that bea little stagnant? I dunno, maybe they make it work, but sounds risky to me.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

The Grizzlies could take Carlos Boozer off of Utah's hands, helping Utah retaining Paul Millsap.

I can see Detroit going after Boozer for a 1-year trial run and trading Rip to Utah.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Bigmike23 wrote:

He's going to be losing steps each year of the deal. And he could drop off quickly after 32 or 33. And I assume his money will be going up, say 8 mil this year, 9 mill, then 10, 11, etc etc etc. He will be IMMOVABLE by the 3rd year at 12 mil a year.

And how good will he be if he is on the floor at the same time with Roy, and Andre (if they get him)? They all need the ball in their hands, won't that be a little stagnant? I dunno, maybe they make it work, but sounds risky to me.

he doesnt use speed or athleticism in his game now so it doesnt matter

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

I can see Detroit going after Boozer for a 1-year trial run and trading Rip to Utah.

I think Utah would rather trade away Boozer to a team with cap and not take anything back, which would help them retain Millsap.

Rip in Utah would be a perfect fit though. His contract is ugly though.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by CP1708

Bigmike23 wrote:

He's going to be losing steps each year of the deal. And he could drop off quickly after 32 or 33. And I assume his money will be going up, say 8 mil this year, 9 mill, then 10, 11, etc etc etc. He will be IMMOVABLE by the 3rd year at 12 mil a year.

And how good will he be if he is on the floor at the same time with Roy, and Andre (if they get him)? They all need the ball in their hands, won't that be a little stagnant? I dunno, maybe they make it work, but sounds risky to me.

he doesnt use speed or athleticism in his game now so it doesnt matter
So, do you think Turk in Portland will put them over the top especially when their need is a starting-caliber PG. Turkoglu will be pretty good forthem, but its a different system than Orlando. He will do some good things for them, but why tie up 50mil over the next 5 years for a guy that doesn'tactually fill a need? If they really don't want to keep Outlaw and keep Batum on the bench then that's fine, but I honestly don't see no point inthem making this signing.

I would much rather see them make a deal to bring in Hinrich or sign Bibby to a short term deal (maybe 3 yrs?).

if you sign hedo you dont need a REAL PG with hedo and Roy been able to handle the ball, you can start bayless and let bring the ball up and let him play offthe ball in half court sets

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

RealGM, by way of Chris Vernon's Twitter.
RT @RicBucher Was told Mem GM wanted to make offer to DLee. Shot down by the owner. What did CWallace do in a previous life to deserve this?

That was like early this morning wasn't it? And was the other realgm report that said Memphis was offering him a 50mil deal after that? Eitherway, if Heisley stops him from doing his job then what's the point in having a GM? And unless he has something up his sleeve to bring in a better playerthan Lee, the franchise will deserve everything coming to them afterwards due to his lack of confidence in his own GM.

Also, on the radio around noon there was talk that the rumor wasn't true. So, I don't know.

Memphis has the worst front office/owner in the league.

They are never going to be a winning franchise in Memphis. He doesnt have anything up his sleeve. He is going to stand pat and minimize his losses for nextyear.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

if you sign hedo you dont need a REAL PG with hedo and Roy been able to handle the ball, you can start bayless and let bring the ball up and let him play off the ball in half court sets
Agreed, I can see that, but tell me, what was Orlando's biggest problem vs the Lakers in the finals? Their PG's weren't reliable, soHedo had to bring the ball up court, get set up for the screen and try to take Ariza off the dribble to set the offense. You think Bayless is going to bereliable in the next year or two?

Bottom line, does signing Hedo for 50 million make them a top 2-3 team in the league? No. So why not keep waiting with what they have, hope for a little moregrowth from a couple key guys, maybe make a good trade at the deadline, and then when they have a total idea on guys like Bayless, and Oden, and Outlaw, andWebster, THEN try to pick up a couple key players next offseason?

Hedo for 5 and 50 just sounds like spending money just cuz, not with a real purpose in mind.

Back
Top Bottom