NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

roll.gif
@ the thought of AI in San Antonio, he would force Pop into early retirement.

Boozer is smart not to opt out, he wouldn't get what he was wanting in this economy.

Originally Posted by franchise3

So Okur is opting out?

I haven't seen it confirmed yet, but more than likely he is. So, what if Okur and Millsap get signed somewhere else then next year Boozer leaves? Wheredoes that leave Utah?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

roll.gif

Boozer is smart not to opt out, he wouldn't get what he was wanting in this economy.

Well Boozer wont even get as much next offseason because of all the big names.

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

roll.gif

Well Boozer wont even get as much next offseason because of all the big names.
Maybe, but with all the teams freeing up money with hopes of getting Bron/Bosh/Wade/Amare etc. he'll get paid somewhere cause the teams thatdon't sign those guys will have to use it on someone and Booz will be on that next tier of good players.

^
Ok, Belle, I take your word for it, here's my question, ALL YEAR long, Cavs preached Defense defense defense. Now, you guys get Shaq, flirting with Charlie V and could lose your best defender and Ben (though not as good as before)

So are yuo guys going for a more offensive team then to try and win, and forgetting defense? Then why have the coach of the year a defensive guy who can't even call an offensive set late in games? I don't get that at all.

And please anyone, spare me the Shaq and Charlie will play "that D" under Brown. Gimme a break.

To me, this is a very strange thing goin on here.

As a fan, and not as belle or OC because I obviously can't answer for them, I thought the EXACT same things CP. We've been preaching D throughout theMike Brown era, lose because we didn't play efficient D in the ECF, and now we're giving up a hustle/D player to go for offensive CV? I can'tanswer it myself. I have some faith in Mike Brown getting guys to play D, although Mo was more than disappointing this year, but even if CV is busting his +#%on the D end he's not going to have the same energy and production on O. I really don't know. The only thing I can think of at this point would be asign-and-trade for a big for Varejao, but what decent big is getting $8-10m that's available? Sheed, Millsap, Bass, Boozer are all worth a different amountthen Varejao is going to get. But yes CP. I know what you mean and that's my main concern with CV as well, and if Varejao walks soon we HAVE to take CV orelse we are seriously %%#@$% at the PF. In Ferry we trust?

Boozer might be screwing the Cavs for the second time.

Instead of DET going after him, they are probably going to overpay for Charlie V.

Cavs will def retain Andy. The market isn't good for what he's looking for and the Cavs need him badly.

Dream situation, Cavs get AV and CV...
sick.gif

[h1]Sources: Cuban To Meet With Kidd[/h1]
Jun 30, 2009 5:47 PM EST

Kidd_Jason_dal.jpg
Mavericks owner Mark Cuban said on hisTwitter page Tuesday afternoon that he plans to meet with Jason Kidd in New York City once free agency begins.

Cuban wrote that he was "getting ready to fly up to NYC for [a] Free Agent meeting at 12:01 [a.m.]."

Sources confirmed to ESPN.com that the meeting is scheduled with Kidd at the first allowable minute of 2009 NBA free agency.

Please get this done Cuban, I just don't want to worry about looking for a PG for the next few years.

Channing Frye is also on the Cavs radar...

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Please get this done Cuban, I just don't want to worry about looking for a PG for the next few years.

What? You mean to tell me this guy isn't the future??

4uahy6p.jpg

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Brousard (sp?) just got questions about who's staying/going

Amare: Staying
AI: Unsure, if not going, retiring.
Kidd: Staying
Hedo: Going

There was someone else, but I forgot.

It'll be interesting to see what Ron Ron does as well, with Yao being done for next season and brokeback McGrady, Houston doesn't look like they'llbe a serious contender or even a playoff team next season...will he take around 8 mil to go to a contender (cough....Lakers....cough if they don't resignboth Trev and LO) or hold out hope that someone will pay him what he wants.

Artest: Staying (I don't know about that one...
smh.gif
, dude also mentioned CLE is a possibility).
Ben Gordon: Staying (Brousard says Detroit could try and pry him away).
Sheed: Going (Chris mentions San Antonio....
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
, Also mentioned the Cavs).
LO: Staying

McGrady possibly to the Knicks for Eddy Curry
laugh.gif

I hope Sheed goes to Orlando instead, cause if he goes to the Spurs
smh.gif
sick.gif
our reign as champs could be very short lived.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Pop would have no problem sitting Iverson for an entire season.
laugh.gif

the first game Pop does this i can see AI walkin off the bench in the middle of a game to drive home
laugh.gif

Gary Tanguay from Comcast Sports NE is reporting that the loudest team in the NBA might get a tad bit louder next season.

TMac for Curry would make sense. Both contracts come off the books after this year and the Rockets do need a big.

..I'd rather them look to start to rebuild though

Originally Posted by ill4eva

Gary Tanguay from Comcast Sports NE is reporting that the loudest team in the NBA might get a tad bit louder next season.
SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED.

and franchise3, Curry's contract runs through 2011.

I know it would be a good move financially and basketball wise, it's just that the hamburgerler is as fat as T-Mac is injured.

^Feel bad for you guys with the Yao situation franchise3, you guys were just getting going without TMac and then that happens. Put Curry on Artest'sworkout and diet and you might have close to a basketball player.

laugh.gif

I think we should just rebuild, honestly. No Yao or the 22 game win streak McGrady and we're really not going far.

We're gonna have a lot of cap space come 2010 if we don't tack on anybody to long term lengthy deals

Back
Top Bottom