NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Josh Smith got a nasty $7M trade kicker
sick.gif

I don't really want to deal with his attitude, decision making and shot selection.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

^ Just wondering...how'd you become a fan of teams from three different cities: Chicago, Los Angeles, and Dallas?
We can't all be as inside the box as you, man.

You can keep that "I live here so I have no choice but to like the city's teams" noise.

Just a simple question....don't look too much into it
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

sick.gif

I don't really want to deal with his attitude, decision making and shot selection.

Yea, but there's a way Smith can waive at least some of that kicker if he's traded to a team he doesn't mind going to. Since he originallydidn't mind playing for Memphis, he might be willing to waive some of hte trade kicker. How much? I don't know. But, he's just another viableoption for Memphis at PF. He's only 23 years old. I really don't know what Memphis is looking for in terms of a PF because there have been so manynames thrown out there.

why would someone give away 7 million dollars? i don't care if he likes the team or not in this day and age your not leaving 7 million on the table

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

laugh.gif
if a team with cap space throws money at Ariza and the Lakers won't re-sign him. I don't know why its so hard to believe that the guy won't leave if the right offer came along.
any offer ariza gets the lakers will match inless someone is trying to pay him a max deal which even tho ariza is my boy would be laughable
sick.gif
laugh.gif

But they're both UFA's unless I'm mistaken, if one leaves, the other could hop ship too.

Although I don't expect it.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

why would someone give away 7 million dollars? i don't care if he likes the team or not in this day and age your not leaving 7 million on the table

It's not about him giving away 7 million dollars. Its about making himself more valuable. Let's say he's not happy in ATL and he wants to betraded. Reducing that trade kicker from 7 to maybe 4-5 mil would make him a little more interesting. I'm not saying that its highly likely, but it is anoption.

Originally Posted by Long Beach Vincey

Wonder how many teams hit up AI's agent at midnight
This is what to see as well, what kind of team will want the guy. He won't take a bench role and any team that will use him as a starter willprobably suck. It's funny that a lot of these guys say they want a championship so much, but aren't willing to sacrifice themselves to do so.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

This is what to see as well, what kind of team will want the guy. He won't take a bench role and any team that will use him as a starter will probably suck. It's funny that a lot of these guys say they want a championship so much, but aren't willing to sacrifice themselves to do so.
Yeah that's what I'm curious of as well, him and Artest.

If we can't get Kidd back for whatever reason, I might have to settle for AI...
tired.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

This is what to see as well, what kind of team will want the guy. He won't take a bench role and any team that will use him as a starter will probably suck. It's funny that a lot of these guys say they want a championship so much, but aren't willing to sacrifice themselves to do so.

tired.gif
There's for sure going to be a market for Ron Ron IMO.

As far as AI.. Chris Broussard hinted AI might have to take an early retirement
eek.gif
eek.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

tired.gif

sick.gif
(in a bad way) The scary thing about it is I can see Cuban doing it too.

I love ya JapanAir but I just can't see an AI - Dirk project working out well...

...but you know damn well that Cuban would spend the money to try it
laugh.gif

damnit man, the Mavs are the only team that i really hated since childhood.

AI is my fav. player so i hope he doesnt have to go there.

Granted Allen Iverson is better, the Mavs already have Jason Terry.

It be redundant for them to sign Iverson, unless they could find a taker for JET (unlikely). I think Iverson could possibly work in Atlanta, but between himand Jamal Crawford that could be a major disaster waiting to happen.

It be redundant for them to sign Iverson, unless they could find a taker for JET (unlikely). I think Iverson could possibly work in Atlanta, but between him and Jamal Crawford that could be a major disaster waiting to happen.
Pause.

Jet>AI at this point in their careers

Then you mention ATL..
laugh.gif
no need for that mention

Let me guess OC, if he leaves, he sucks anyways, if he re-signs, he's the player we need on our team, something like that right?

Varejao_Anderson_cle.jpg
Anderson Varejao has elected not to exercise his player option with the Cleveland Cavaliers, as expected.

"Anderson Varejao has officially informed the Cavs that he will be a free agent at midnight," writes Brian Windhorst of the Plain Dealer.

Per RealGM.

Ya'll know damn well it woulda been something like this if I hadn't beaten him to it.
laugh.gif

It be redundant for them to sign Iverson, unless they could find a taker for JET (unlikely). I think Iverson could possibly work in Atlanta, but between him and Jamal Crawford that could be a major disaster waiting to happen.
Pause.

Then you mention ATL..
laugh.gif
no need for that mention.
JET is not better than Iverson. However, JET doesn't need to be accomodated to as much as Iverson, which makes more better suited for a team.

I think if Iverson and Joe Johnson shared a backcourt, it could work. Iverson and Crawford though?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Let me guess OC, if he leaves, he sucks anyways, if he re-signs, he's the player we need on our team, something like that right?

Varejao_Anderson_cle.jpg
Anderson Varejao has elected not to exercise his player option with the Cleveland Cavaliers, as expected.

"Anderson Varejao has officially informed the Cavs that he will be a free agent at midnight," writes Brian Windhorst of the Plain Dealer.

Per RealGM.

Ya'll know damn well it woulda been something like this if I hadn't beaten him to it.
laugh.gif

not 100% true. bron helped him be the player he is. if he goes somewhere else, we will see what he is capable of. if we get charlie V we get a betteroffensive threat than AV who cant shoot outside of 5 feet. im willing to take the gamble and sign CV over AV. we'l see how it works out but if AV wants10 mil a year, that would hurt us in 2010 (yes, assuming bron is still here...)

Pause.

Then you mention ATL..
laugh.gif
no need for that mention.
JET is not better than Iverson. However, JET doesn't need to be accomodated to as much as Iverson, which makes more better suited for a team.

I think if Iverson and Joe Johnson shared a backcourt, it could work. Iverson and Crawford though?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
If AI can score like he used to, I'll take him.

But I'd much rather keep Kidd, hands down. Just a back-up, because ain't no way in hell I want someone like Mike Bibby on the Mavericks.

(Don't know why I quoted you NaS, just last person to quote on the subject).

^
Ok, Belle, I take your word for it, here's my question, ALL YEAR long, Cavs preached Defense defense defense. Now, you guys get Shaq, flirting withCharlie V and could lose your best defender and Ben (though not as good as before)

So are yuo guys going for a more offensive team then to try and win, and forgetting defense? Then why have the coach of the year a defensive guy who can'teven call an offensive set late in games? I don't get that at all.

And please anyone, spare me the Shaq and Charlie will play "that D" under Brown. Gimme a break.

To me, this is a very strange thing goin on here.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

sick.gif

Yea, but there's a way Smith can waive at least some of that kicker if he's traded to a team he doesn't mind going to. Since he originally didn't mind playing for Memphis, he might be willing to waive some of hte trade kicker. How much? I don't know. But, he's just another viable option for Memphis at PF. He's only 23 years old. I really don't know what Memphis is looking for in terms of a PF because there have been so many names thrown out there.

is it just me or are Rudy Gay and Josh Smith on the same team redundant?
i mean both are long lean, wings (yes i know Smith PLAYS pf) that lose focus too often, are soft-*$+ players....
also Josh has the exact birthday as me....pretty crazy
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom