NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

Originally Posted by thekillerj23

WOW, my Cavs just took a big L, wow, looks like we really have no chance to go after anybody else in 2010 other than Lebron, Danny Ferry, WTH were you thinking
False, Shaq comes off the books after this season & who knows what will happen before then. We definitely overpaid, but it was imperative we kept him IMO. Without AV, '09-'10 would have been a disaster/waisted season. Dude does more things that DON'T go into the official stat sheet than anyone in the L.
pimp.gif
...And I don't wanna hear the flopping jokes
laugh.gif

EDIT: Dudes need to STOP posting he got 60 mill. He got 50 mill for SIX years...
The problem is, that might not be enough. In 2010-2011, Mo is getting $9M, Varejao is getting $7M (it's actually $42M but incentives can make it $50M), Delonte is getting $4.6M, Boobie is getting $4M, current rookies will get like $2-3M combined, Parker figures to get $3-4M and you know Bron wants around $20M.

That's already close to $50M. No way the Cavs will get another good free agent to entice LeBron to re-sign unless they dump Mo/Varejao
laugh.gif

Dudes need to stop with this type of thinking. LBJ is either leaving CLE or he's NOT (it's as simple as that). When it eventually comes down to hisdecision, it honestly will have VERY LITTLE to do with what type of FA CLE can land next off-season IMO. Also, your hypothesis is off anyways. How does one $7Mper year contract *##* EVERYTHING up? Say we don't/didn't sign AV. The way you tried to lay things out, we still wouldn't have the space to landsomeone like Bosh anyways...

Good confirmation on McDyess.
He is not getting the third year. It's SA's option.

Also, word from David Aldridge on NBA Tv tonight is that Bowen & KT might be returning to SA!
pimp.gif

PO

WOW, my Cavs just took a big L, wow, looks like we really have no chance to go after anybody else in 2010 other than Lebron, Danny Ferry, WTH were you thinking
False, Shaq comes off the books after this season & who knows what will happen before then. We definitely overpaid, but it was imperative we kept him IMO. Without AV, '09-'10 would have been a disaster/waisted season. Dude does more things that DON'T go into the official stat sheet than anyone in the L.
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

EDIT: Dudes need to STOP posting he got 60 mill. He got 50 mill for SIX years...
The problem is, that might not be enough. In 2010-2011, Mo is getting $9M, Varejao is getting $7M (it's actually $42M but incentives can make it $50M), Delonte is getting $4.6M, Boobie is getting $4M, current rookies will get like $2-3M combined, Parker figures to get $3-4M and you know Bron wants around $20M.

That's already close to $50M. No way the Cavs will get another good free agent to entice LeBron to re-sign unless they dump Mo/Varejao
laugh.gif

Dudes need to stop with this type of thinking. LBJ is either leaving CLE or he's NOT (it's as simple as that). When it eventually comes down to his decision, it honestly will have VERY LITTLE to do with what type of FA CLE can land next off-season IMO. Also, your hypothesis is off anyways. How does one $7M per year contract *##* EVERYTHING up? Say we don't/didn't sign AV. The way you tried to lay things out, we still wouldn't have the space to land someone like Bosh anyways...
Wow you serious?? I think it would definitely help sway LBJs mind to Cleveland if they get a superstar to pair with him don't you?? Instead ofthe 'Core' he has now

Originally Posted by PO2345

Good confirmation on McDyess.
He is not getting the third year. It's SA's option.

Also, word from David Aldridge on NBA Tv tonight is that Bowen & KT might be returning to SA!
pimp.gif

PO

What's up my brother from another mother? How's the Fam?

pimp.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Dudes need to stop with this type of thinking. LBJ is either leaving CLE or he's NOT (it's as simple as that). When it eventually comes down to his decision, it honestly will have VERY LITTLE to do with what type of FA CLE can land next off-season IMO. Also, your hypothesis is off anyways. How does one $7M per year contract *##* EVERYTHING up? Say we don't/didn't sign AV. The way you tried to lay things out, we still wouldn't have the space to land someone like Bosh anyways...
If the numbers are correct, then that additional $7M would go a long ways. It may not get Bosh, but it can still entice a second tier free agentto come to Cleveland like Booz (okay maybe not him
laugh.gif
).

The surrounding cast and their potential is going to factor into his final decision.

^^blaxoid, it's obviously something to consider & a BIG boost, but NO, it is not the BE ALL, END ALL like dudes are making it out to be. He will eitherstay loyal to CLE or bolt for NYC. Dudes not from here don't understand that...also, AV's contract is only 42M over 6 years with incentives (making itA LOT more tolerable).
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

roll.gif

bhz could correct me on this if I'm wrong, but I think Buck has a non guaranteed year left. He has to be waived by a certain date I think.

pimp.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Give me a D

Give me an E

Give me an N

Give me an I

Give me an A

Give me an L

What do you get?!

Ding ding ding!

laugh.gif
roll.gif

RicBucherSource confirms Orl is indeed in the deal. Magic get cash and 10m trade exception. Hedo goes to Tor in S&T.

The marion deal?

I'm late but Wow at Varejao's deal
laugh.gif

that's ugly

and good pick up by the Mavs. what's the line up looking like now?

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

I'm late but Wow at Varejao's deal
laugh.gif

that's ugly

and good pick up by the Mavs. what's the line up looking like now?
Kidd
Josh
Matrix
Dirk
Gortat (if ORL doesn't match).

Which is very likely they won't since they're involved in the deal now, and they'll probably get Bass.

My prediction:

Orlando uses that TE for us to sign and trade Bass to them so they keep their MLE.

Now I'm not well versed on trade exceptions but I hope we then have that trade exception.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

& Stack is gonna get bought out by Memphis? wonder where he ends up
Who cares, he's crap.
laugh.gif

lol well, he can still contribute to a team. What I was getting at was maybe the Mavs can get him back ala the Kidd trade I believe it was
laugh.gif

Nevertheless, that's a talented team on paper. I feel that Matrix can still be a solid contributor in the right situation & playing with Kidd shouldhelp him get his groove back

We the Toronto Raptors might have the smartest GM in the NBA. Colangelo got himself out of a gutter and trades Humphries for Wright, George, the ability to usethe MLE, and the ability to use the LLE. Wright and George are whatever...decent additions, but our ability to use the MLE and LLE to increase our bench hasjust made it so much better for us. What a great trade.

bryan_colangelo.jpg

Even Ric Bucher agrees.

http://twitter.com/ricbucher

^^^^ agreed (ja12) . . stack shoulda got some tips from the coaching staff when he was sitting on the bench the majority of the year
laugh.gif

edit: son was a beast at detroit though . . had his shoes too,
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

My prediction:

Orlando uses that TE for us to sign and trade Bass to them so they keep their MLE.

Now I'm not well versed on trade exceptions but I hope we then have that trade exception.
I think we'll do that. So maybe we can pick up another PG.

Back
Top Bottom