NBA Legacy Thread, Update Resumes

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by Deuce King

From a Rings stand point Kobe has 5 with a 3 Peat & Back to Back rings

Kobe can and should thank Shaq for 3 of those rings.  Meaning more than half of the rings Kobe has he wasn't even the MAIN or even THE guy.  You Kobe lovers need to start realizing this when you talk about rings and personal accomplishments.
Comments like this is what LeBron will see/read/hear no matter how many rings he wins. So I think it is safe to say that his legacy has an automatic ceiling on it as we currently speak.

Not only that but if LeBron doesn't win multiple rings - I'm talking about three or more - then his career will be a giant failure.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by Deuce King

From a Rings stand point Kobe has 5 with a 3 Peat & Back to Back rings

Kobe can and should thank Shaq for 3 of those rings.  Meaning more than half of the rings Kobe has he wasn't even the MAIN or even THE guy.  You Kobe lovers need to start realizing this when you talk about rings and personal accomplishments.
Comments like this is what LeBron will see/read/hear no matter how many rings he wins. So I think it is safe to say that his legacy has an automatic ceiling on it as we currently speak.

Not only that but if LeBron doesn't win multiple rings - I'm talking about three or more - then his career will be a giant failure.

Deuce King wrote:

So my question, when discussing Kobe's legacy, do we just forget those 3 rings? I am talking to you Deuce.

I wouldn't just forget them per se, cause he did play a role in getting those 3 rings.  For me, when discussing Kobe's legacy my opening statement unlike the rest of you dudes wouldn't be "Kobe has 5 rings".  Reason being is because Kobe was not the MAIN factor for 3 of the rings he has.  It's like you guys are tyring to maximize his legacy in a sense by trying to pull the wool over folks eyes into saying Kobe's role in getting his first 3 rings was larger than what it truly was.  Like I said before, for more than half of the rings Kobe has, he was never the Finals MVP, never the regular season MVP and wasn't the leading scorer for any of his first 3 championships...........FACT. 

Ok, you make no God damn sense.  So how many rings does everybody have then?  We have to subtract rings now unless you were the best player of the team?  Even if you were ALL NBA, you weren't the best player, so you don't get to count the ring to your total? 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

So Duncan has 3.
Shaq has 3
Kobe has 2
Magic has, how many Magic have?  3  Kareem got an MVP, Worthy got 1 too.
Bird has 2
Pippen has zero. 
Wade has 1

So that means if the Heat won this year, Lebron wouldn't have gotten to count this ring on his resume. 

This is what you just said Deuce.  Read this post over and over and over and let this marinate for you a lil bit.  Then come up with a new spin to take away titles from Kobe, this is great. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Dude was getting 28 a game, 2nd team all nba for title 2, all nba for title 3, 5th in the MVP voting, and yet he can't count these rings on his resume cuz Shaq was there.  Man, a WHOLE BUNCH of resumes are about to be changed league wide.  Only one that is safe and secure is Mike, which I think is the only thing Deuce is tryin to do here, save Mike a decade later. 
eyes.gif

Deuce King wrote:

So my question, when discussing Kobe's legacy, do we just forget those 3 rings? I am talking to you Deuce.

I wouldn't just forget them per se, cause he did play a role in getting those 3 rings.  For me, when discussing Kobe's legacy my opening statement unlike the rest of you dudes wouldn't be "Kobe has 5 rings".  Reason being is because Kobe was not the MAIN factor for 3 of the rings he has.  It's like you guys are tyring to maximize his legacy in a sense by trying to pull the wool over folks eyes into saying Kobe's role in getting his first 3 rings was larger than what it truly was.  Like I said before, for more than half of the rings Kobe has, he was never the Finals MVP, never the regular season MVP and wasn't the leading scorer for any of his first 3 championships...........FACT. 

Ok, you make no God damn sense.  So how many rings does everybody have then?  We have to subtract rings now unless you were the best player of the team?  Even if you were ALL NBA, you weren't the best player, so you don't get to count the ring to your total? 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

So Duncan has 3.
Shaq has 3
Kobe has 2
Magic has, how many Magic have?  3  Kareem got an MVP, Worthy got 1 too.
Bird has 2
Pippen has zero. 
Wade has 1

So that means if the Heat won this year, Lebron wouldn't have gotten to count this ring on his resume. 

This is what you just said Deuce.  Read this post over and over and over and let this marinate for you a lil bit.  Then come up with a new spin to take away titles from Kobe, this is great. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Dude was getting 28 a game, 2nd team all nba for title 2, all nba for title 3, 5th in the MVP voting, and yet he can't count these rings on his resume cuz Shaq was there.  Man, a WHOLE BUNCH of resumes are about to be changed league wide.  Only one that is safe and secure is Mike, which I think is the only thing Deuce is tryin to do here, save Mike a decade later. 
eyes.gif

FACT: BOTH SHAQ AND DUNCAN RANK HIGHER THAN KOBE. BOTH 4 RINGS AND 3 FINALS MVP'S

KOBE WITH 5 RINGS BUT ONLY 2 FINALS MVP.

FINALS MVP EMPHASIZES MORE THAN THE AMOUNT OF RINGS WHEN IT COMES TO ANALYZING THE PERSONAL ACCOLADES.

SIMPLE *+++

FACT: BOTH SHAQ AND DUNCAN RANK HIGHER THAN KOBE. BOTH 4 RINGS AND 3 FINALS MVP'S

FINALS MVP EMPHASIZES MORE THAN THE AMOUNT OF RINGS WHEN IT COMES TO ANALYZING THE PERSONAL ACCOLADES.

SIMPLE *+++

^ I think you must value the ring more than the Finals MVP, because w/ those numbers alone...they're all tied.

Kobe - 5 rings + 2 Finals MVP = 7
Shaq/TD - 4 Rings + 3 Finals MVP = 7

tie-breaker goes to Kobe (rings).

^ I think you must value the ring more than the Finals MVP, because w/ those numbers alone...they're all tied.

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

SIMPLE *+++
QFT.

SIMPLE *+++
QFT.

Btw the 3rd title they both spazzed..

Shaq averaged 36ppg... Kobe averaged 26.8 PPG.. They both straight up dismantled the Nets... Kobe put up Finals MVP numbers as the number 2 option.. While Shaq put up the most ridiculous numbers.. (So Kobe doesn't deserve the title?)

stop trying to save face for people who shrink under pressure... Shaq would not have 3 peated without Kobe.. And Likewise..  He wasn't John Salley.. He was Kobe Bryant who won games with clutch performances all 3 years..

Btw the 3rd title they both spazzed..

Shaq averaged 36ppg... Kobe averaged 26.8 PPG.. They both straight up dismantled the Nets... Kobe put up Finals MVP numbers as the number 2 option.. While Shaq put up the most ridiculous numbers.. (So Kobe doesn't deserve the title?)

stop trying to save face for people who shrink under pressure... Shaq would not have 3 peated without Kobe.. And Likewise..  He wasn't John Salley.. He was Kobe Bryant who won games with clutch performances all 3 years..

SIMPLE *+++
roll.gif

dudes suddenly bringing in shaq and duncan again now that Wade and lebron are done

SIMPLE *+++
roll.gif

dudes suddenly bringing in shaq and duncan again now that Wade and lebron are done

Originally Posted by HOOSIERdaddy282

WADE'S Legacy:

There's one thing people always overlook when comparing the heat duo to Kobe. They travel ALL THE TIME. Regardless of era, taking 4 to 6 steps every other play is not good basketball, whether they call it or not. See, Kobe is from that era where you had to dribble to score. Can you imagine how unguardable MJ would be if he had a "crab dribble" in his repertoire? And that Euro-step cheese that Wade does? It's beautiful when it works. But when it fails, all it does is highlight Wade's lack of size and how he has to compensate for it with timing and agility (make that SUPERB timing and agility, but still). Kobe, in his prime athletic days, was a threat to go OVER you. Wade has been a threat that would go through you, but only if he caught you back peddling or not paying attention
grin.gif
. In closing, I love Wade. But he doesn't have enough time or gas mileage to catch the Ring Leader. Now that LeBum guy?
laugh.gif
i have no idea what you are trying to say... wade's euro step is a cheese move?  looks good but when it fails, he still finds a way to create a shot?...
even if wade doesnt get the same amount of rings as kobe... does it still mean that wade couldnt be better? maybe not as a pure scorer but a all around player?...
also look at the players around wade after shaq left... talk about carrying a team...

Originally Posted by HOOSIERdaddy282

WADE'S Legacy:

There's one thing people always overlook when comparing the heat duo to Kobe. They travel ALL THE TIME. Regardless of era, taking 4 to 6 steps every other play is not good basketball, whether they call it or not. See, Kobe is from that era where you had to dribble to score. Can you imagine how unguardable MJ would be if he had a "crab dribble" in his repertoire? And that Euro-step cheese that Wade does? It's beautiful when it works. But when it fails, all it does is highlight Wade's lack of size and how he has to compensate for it with timing and agility (make that SUPERB timing and agility, but still). Kobe, in his prime athletic days, was a threat to go OVER you. Wade has been a threat that would go through you, but only if he caught you back peddling or not paying attention
grin.gif
. In closing, I love Wade. But he doesn't have enough time or gas mileage to catch the Ring Leader. Now that LeBum guy?
laugh.gif
i have no idea what you are trying to say... wade's euro step is a cheese move?  looks good but when it fails, he still finds a way to create a shot?...
even if wade doesnt get the same amount of rings as kobe... does it still mean that wade couldnt be better? maybe not as a pure scorer but a all around player?...
also look at the players around wade after shaq left... talk about carrying a team...

CP1708 wrote:
You really stand little chance in this thread, but if you want to do a post on Duncan, go ahead. He's the only one you know about anyways.
We all know DUNCAN is the GPFOAT.

Nothing else need be said about this man.
pimp.gif

Enjoying the thread tho CP.
smokin.gif

CP1708 wrote:
You really stand little chance in this thread, but if you want to do a post on Duncan, go ahead. He's the only one you know about anyways.
We all know DUNCAN is the GPFOAT.

Nothing else need be said about this man.
pimp.gif

Enjoying the thread tho CP.
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

the worst analysis. no

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

the worst analysis. no

The general public and people who don't really know basketball always overrate wings and perimeter players when it comes to greatness

A big who is dominant on both ends of the floor will always be greater in my eyes even if he plays with a great wing simply due to the nature of the game.

The general public and people who don't really know basketball always overrate wings and perimeter players when it comes to greatness

A big who is dominant on both ends of the floor will always be greater in my eyes even if he plays with a great wing simply due to the nature of the game.

Cant believe I've never seen this thread until today.

Regarding Duncan, I had a long (for NT) response typed out then accidentally clicked out of the tab
30t6p3b.gif
Anyways, long story short: his failure to reach back to back Finals shouldnt be a knock against him, it should show his, and his teams, resilience to not just keep making it back to that spot, but win every time. Winning 4 titles over 8 years is very impressive, as they're also the only team since MJ's to do anything like that. Not to mention, it was the Spurs who stopped both the Nets and Pistons from winning in their 2nd Finals attempts. Also, who knows what would have happened if Derek Fisher's shot was discounted like it should have been in '04.

Just my take on it. Also my bad if someone's already brought this up, I havent read through more than 1 page.

Back
Top Bottom