NBA Legacy Thread, Update Resumes

Originally Posted by abovelegit1
I am with you here man. I argued someone (A Penny fan) about this when comparing Penny vs. TMAC. And all they had to say was TMAC couldn't get out of the first round. As if he was ever favored to win any matchup he was in. Even though his playoff numbers are greater than his regular season numbers, it is somehow HIS fault for not taking his team further.

I have screamed this before and I scream it again, team success matters too much to folks when detemrining how great a player is/was. I hate it, it is not right and it is unfair and illogical.

Originally Posted by abovelegit1
I am with you here man. I argued someone (A Penny fan) about this when comparing Penny vs. TMAC. And all they had to say was TMAC couldn't get out of the first round. As if he was ever favored to win any matchup he was in. Even though his playoff numbers are greater than his regular season numbers, it is somehow HIS fault for not taking his team further.

I have screamed this before and I scream it again, team success matters too much to folks when detemrining how great a player is/was. I hate it, it is not right and it is unfair and illogical.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by PMatic

Dwyane Wade's legacy interests me a lot.

Great all around talent, NBA champion, Olympian and convinced LeBron to come to Miami among other things. In 11 Finals games, he's averaging 33 PPG and 8 RPG. Currently at the peak of his prime, with maybe another year or two left.

Kind of underrated in a sense.

You're one of the most fair guys I know, Xtap made a comment the other day that Wade is better than Kobe ever was.  And that Wade's resume when all said and done will dwarf Kobe and Wade will take on the spot of second best SG of all time.  Do you see that?

Does anyone else agree?  

I brought this up in the Wade/LeBronze vs. Jordan/Pippen thread. Why is it that we are always talking about LeBronze's legacy each and every game, when he has someone on his team that is his superior (winning wise) (currently)) and will be present whenever LeBronze wins, and is taking most of the big stage credit for it. Why doesn't ESPN talk about Wade's legacy? As if he is some sidekick. LeBron LeBron LeBron is all they speak of.

Like Mark Jackson said, Wade might be #3 on the SG list of all time behind Big Kobe and Black Mike.

I think he is underappreciated for how great he is. I don't know what it is.  Maybe he needs to be more of a jerk to get some all time respect.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by PMatic

Dwyane Wade's legacy interests me a lot.

Great all around talent, NBA champion, Olympian and convinced LeBron to come to Miami among other things. In 11 Finals games, he's averaging 33 PPG and 8 RPG. Currently at the peak of his prime, with maybe another year or two left.

Kind of underrated in a sense.

You're one of the most fair guys I know, Xtap made a comment the other day that Wade is better than Kobe ever was.  And that Wade's resume when all said and done will dwarf Kobe and Wade will take on the spot of second best SG of all time.  Do you see that?

Does anyone else agree?  

I brought this up in the Wade/LeBronze vs. Jordan/Pippen thread. Why is it that we are always talking about LeBronze's legacy each and every game, when he has someone on his team that is his superior (winning wise) (currently)) and will be present whenever LeBronze wins, and is taking most of the big stage credit for it. Why doesn't ESPN talk about Wade's legacy? As if he is some sidekick. LeBron LeBron LeBron is all they speak of.

Like Mark Jackson said, Wade might be #3 on the SG list of all time behind Big Kobe and Black Mike.

I think he is underappreciated for how great he is. I don't know what it is.  Maybe he needs to be more of a jerk to get some all time respect.

Originally Posted by tyisny

Wade vs Kobe as good as Wade is i simply just dont see that happening.

Especially considering Wade has teamed up with Lebron meaning his stats will take a hit..... and just as Kobe CONSTANTLY caught flack for teaming up with shaq for those first three any Chips after the "Big 3" was established will be treated the same way especially the way the media Promotes Lebron as the "leader" of the squad. simply put i dont think Wade will have done enough on any level to surpass Kobe all time, but he still has years of long playoff runs left in him
1. Wade's his season stats didn't take that much of a hit. Neither did LeBronze's.

2. As weird as this sounds, I think LeBronze will be the only one that is mythically penalized for needing help to win a ring. People hate the dude so much that they will put an * beside any ring he wins with Wade. Wade on the other hand doesn't seem to suffer from the same amount of hate and will get a pass from folks even though he needed LeBronze as much as LeBronze needed him. Which is unfair and crazy but that is how people in the streets think man.

Wade vs Kobe as good as Wade is i simply just dont see that happening.

Especially considering Wade has teamed up with Lebron meaning his stats will take a hit..... and just as Kobe CONSTANTLY caught flack for teaming up with shaq for those first three any Chips after the "Big 3" was established will be treated the same way especially the way the media Promotes Lebron as the "leader" of the squad. simply put i dont think Wade will have done enough on any level to surpass Kobe all time, but he still has years of long playoff runs left in him
1. Wade's his season stats didn't take that much of a hit. Neither did LeBronze's.

2. As weird as this sounds, I think LeBronze will be the only one that is mythically penalized for needing help to win a ring. People hate the dude so much that they will put an * beside any ring he wins with Wade. Wade on the other hand doesn't seem to suffer from the same amount of hate and will get a pass from folks even though he needed LeBronze as much as LeBronze needed him. Which is unfair and crazy but that is how people in the streets think man.

As far as im concerned this title run either makes or breaks Dirks Legacy. Either he beats the superfriends and becomes one of the few Superstars to win without a legit # 2 or he loses a 3-2 lead in the finals and lets a championship slip away again. If he's as clutch as we been claiming then there is no way He squanders this opportunity to finally win one. ALL the pressure is now on him.

This is where I have a problem. If his TEAM squanders the lead and doesn't come to play, why would HIS name be on the front of that? Stop saying HE. It is a team sport.

As far as im concerned this title run either makes or breaks Dirks Legacy. Either he beats the superfriends and becomes one of the few Superstars to win without a legit # 2 or he loses a 3-2 lead in the finals and lets a championship slip away again. If he's as clutch as we been claiming then there is no way He squanders this opportunity to finally win one. ALL the pressure is now on him.

This is where I have a problem. If his TEAM squanders the lead and doesn't come to play, why would HIS name be on the front of that? Stop saying HE. It is a team sport.

kobe is below duncan on my all-time list

as long as dirk can shoot the way he does, he can play (well) til he's 40 (so he still has time to distinguish himself on the all-time list)

right now it's hard to rank dirk because it all depends on what your team needs on whether you take him over say someone like KG

kobe is below duncan on my all-time list

as long as dirk can shoot the way he does, he can play (well) til he's 40 (so he still has time to distinguish himself on the all-time list)

right now it's hard to rank dirk because it all depends on what your team needs on whether you take him over say someone like KG

As if he was ever favored to win any matchup he was in. Even though his playoff numbers are greater than his regular season numbers, it is somehow HIS fault for not taking his team further.

1. you sure about that? back to back years houston played the utah jazz with the 4 VS 5 match up and im pretty sure houston was favored.

2. he had some of his worse games durning game 6 or 7 close at games where he could of put either the magic or houston into the 2nd round. yup that is on HIM

As if he was ever favored to win any matchup he was in. Even though his playoff numbers are greater than his regular season numbers, it is somehow HIS fault for not taking his team further.

1. you sure about that? back to back years houston played the utah jazz with the 4 VS 5 match up and im pretty sure houston was favored.

2. he had some of his worse games durning game 6 or 7 close at games where he could of put either the magic or houston into the 2nd round. yup that is on HIM

So 4-5 years ago Kobe was only a good shooter/scorer? He didn't pass well, or defend or rebound well? Wade is better in all those categories?
laugh.gif
Is this what I'm reading? Swizz, you can talk Iverson, but I mean, what am I updating on his resume? But if you simply want to place him in an all time list, yeah you can make your case in here. Off top of my head, top 35 or so I'm guessing. Maybe 30.

So 4-5 years ago Kobe was only a good shooter/scorer? He didn't pass well, or defend or rebound well? Wade is better in all those categories?
laugh.gif
Is this what I'm reading? Swizz, you can talk Iverson, but I mean, what am I updating on his resume? But if you simply want to place him in an all time list, yeah you can make your case in here. Off top of my head, top 35 or so I'm guessing. Maybe 30.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

CP, for sure. Webber is probably the biggest PF fugazi of this decade.

I will gladly take Sheed's career over his.

roll.gif

ya right.

Webber averaged 20.7 points, 9.8 rebounds, and 4.2 assists for his career (one of only six players to do so).

for all of his 4th QTR choke jobs in the playoffs you will never look at webbers career and say "WHAT IF" like you will with sheeds(and dont act like sheed didnt have his 4th QTR choke jobs) . there was a 4 year stretch in webbers career where you can make a legit case for him and TD been 1A and 1B as best PF in the NBA. webber could score and rebound better then sheed all day every day.
Sheed's championship > Webber's career.

roll.gif

ya right.

Webber averaged 20.7 points, 9.8 rebounds, and 4.2 assists for his career (one of only six players to do so).

for all of his 4th QTR choke jobs in the playoffs you will never look at webbers career and say "WHAT IF" like you will with sheeds(and dont act like sheed didnt have his 4th QTR choke jobs) . there was a 4 year stretch in webbers career where you can make a legit case for him and TD been 1A and 1B as best PF in the NBA. webber could score and rebound better then sheed all day every day.

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

roll.gif

ya right.

Off yourself.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

roll.gif

ya right.

Off yourself.
laugh.gif

I didn't even know "losers" like Webber and T-Mac were invited in this thread. I'll be ready for the haters.

Kinda hectic with so many different arguments at once. Gotta schedule each player or something. 

I appreciate the love for T-Mac tho. Dude talking about how T-Mac couldn't get it done with Yao better prepare himself for the failures of Kevin Love's career in Minny. And yes, he gonna get blamed.
laugh.gif

I didn't even know "losers" like Webber and T-Mac were invited in this thread. I'll be ready for the haters.

Kinda hectic with so many different arguments at once. Gotta schedule each player or something. 

I appreciate the love for T-Mac tho. Dude talking about how T-Mac couldn't get it done with Yao better prepare himself for the failures of Kevin Love's career in Minny. And yes, he gonna get blamed.
laugh.gif

Only difference right now between Wade and Kobe to me is rings. Kobe's never amazed me as a passer or rebounder. He gets the right amount for his height during his prime and he's been a slightly above average defender.

Wade's not as good a shooter but that's the only other slight I'm seeing in comparison.

Only difference right now between Wade and Kobe to me is rings. Kobe's never amazed me as a passer or rebounder. He gets the right amount for his height during his prime and he's been a slightly above average defender.

Wade's not as good a shooter but that's the only other slight I'm seeing in comparison.

I think yall are looking at stats and just basing it off of that. As far as players in their prime Kobe is arguably the best offensive player EVER. When he takes it to that next level i would say only mike or bird could match. Wade hasnt taken over enough games for me to place him above Kobe (Besides the first Finals) then after tonite he also dissapeared on both ends along with lebron

I think yall are looking at stats and just basing it off of that. As far as players in their prime Kobe is arguably the best offensive player EVER. When he takes it to that next level i would say only mike or bird could match. Wade hasnt taken over enough games for me to place him above Kobe (Besides the first Finals) then after tonite he also dissapeared on both ends along with lebron

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Kobe never amazed you as a passer, doesn't mean he isn't a good one. 

Back
Top Bottom