NBA Legacy Thread, Update Resumes

I thought there wasn't gonna be any talk of Dirk/Lebron/Wade until after the finals?

No I can't...besides shooting I'm not exactly sure what Kobe does better than Wade (the answer is nothing).

No I can't...besides shooting I'm not exactly sure what Kobe does better than Wade (the answer is nothing).

He will definitely be able to compete with Kobe's resume when its all said and done.
I doubt Wade's resume will end up being as good or better than Kobe's. But at their respective peaks, I think Wade was the better all-around player.

He will definitely be able to compete with Kobe's resume when its all said and done.
I doubt Wade's resume will end up being as good or better than Kobe's. But at their respective peaks, I think Wade was the better all-around player.

Well at their respective peaks, if a coach had to choose who they would rather face. I'm sure they're choosing wade 9/10 times.

Well at their respective peaks, if a coach had to choose who they would rather face. I'm sure they're choosing wade 9/10 times.

Originally Posted by JD617

I doubt Wade's resume will end up being as good or better than Kobe's.   
That's only because Kobe would have played more seasons than Wade.

Scoring wise, no. But, you can argue that any other statistical category will be very close (stls, blocks, asts, shooting %). What would it take for Wade's resume to be on par with Kobe? More rings? More All-NBA teams? Have a 30 point season? Two more Finals MVP's? He's a career 25,6 and 5 player. Kobe is 25,4 and 5. I do think Wade will win AT LEAST two more rings within the next 4 years, maybe even 3. He will still be putting up around 25,6 and 5 and I don't see Kobe doing that when he's 36 and Wade at 33.

Originally Posted by JD617

I doubt Wade's resume will end up being as good or better than Kobe's.   
That's only because Kobe would have played more seasons than Wade.

Scoring wise, no. But, you can argue that any other statistical category will be very close (stls, blocks, asts, shooting %). What would it take for Wade's resume to be on par with Kobe? More rings? More All-NBA teams? Have a 30 point season? Two more Finals MVP's? He's a career 25,6 and 5 player. Kobe is 25,4 and 5. I do think Wade will win AT LEAST two more rings within the next 4 years, maybe even 3. He will still be putting up around 25,6 and 5 and I don't see Kobe doing that when he's 36 and Wade at 33.

Originally Posted by Law3001

I thought there wasn't gonna be any talk of Dirk/Lebron/Wade until after the finals?

I won't update their resumes til after the series, but you can certainly discuss them now if you want. Certainly things are gonna change in the next few hours/days.

Originally Posted by Law3001

I won't update their resumes til after the series, but you can certainly discuss them now if you want. Certainly things are gonna change in the next few hours/days.

Wades my favorite player but i still think he'll never really get close to kobes resume. His final career statline I think will be better. But its hard for me to say wade is better than kobe. He is right now but all time? I dont think so.

Wades my favorite player but i still think he'll never really get close to kobes resume. His final career statline I think will be better. But its hard for me to say wade is better than kobe. He is right now but all time? I dont think so.

We don't know one way or the other. It's just a random assumption with made up numbers.

We don't know one way or the other. It's just a random assumption with made up numbers.

Originally Posted by PMatic

Originally Posted by CP1708

Dwyane Wade's legacy interests me a lot.

Great all around talent, NBA champion, Olympian and convinced LeBron to come to Miami among other things. In 11 Finals games, he's averaging 33 PPG and 8 RPG. Currently at the peak of his prime, with maybe another year or two left.

Kind of underrated in a sense.

You're one of the most fair guys I know, Xtap made a comment the other day that Wade is better than Kobe ever was.  And that Wade's resume when all said and done will dwarf Kobe and Wade will take on the spot of second best SG of all time.  Do you see that?

Does anyone else agree?  

Talent wise, you can make a case for either player. Both were athletic guards when they started that evolved into polished, all around talents. However, when you take into account accomplishments (individual and team wise) Kobe is/will likely finish above Wade.

Agreed.

Dwyane Wade's legacy interests me a lot.

Great all around talent, NBA champion, Olympian and convinced LeBron to come to Miami among other things. In 11 Finals games, he's averaging 33 PPG and 8 RPG. Currently at the peak of his prime, with maybe another year or two left.

Kind of underrated in a sense.

You're one of the most fair guys I know, Xtap made a comment the other day that Wade is better than Kobe ever was.  And that Wade's resume when all said and done will dwarf Kobe and Wade will take on the spot of second best SG of all time.  Do you see that?

Does anyone else agree?  

Talent wise, you can make a case for either player. Both were athletic guards when they started that evolved into polished, all around talents. However, when you take into account accomplishments (individual and team wise) Kobe is/will likely finish above Wade.

Agreed.

Originally Posted by toine2983

Does anyone else agree?  

Agreed.
Wade's body will break down before he can ever reach Kobe levels of statistics.  You gotta take into account how long Kobe's been in the league, and still has a few more years left in the tank.

Originally Posted by toine2983

Does anyone else agree?  

Agreed.
Wade's body will break down before he can ever reach Kobe levels of statistics.  You gotta take into account how long Kobe's been in the league, and still has a few more years left in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom