• Clippers

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Other West Team

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Other East Team

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
"3 Ninjas" reference :nthat:. GOAT 90s movie.

This the last stand, bros. Gonna quickly outline why I've been riding with the Dubs. @dland24 my bro. Man's never been insufferable even while the dynasty has racked up three of the last four NBA championships and made basketball parity a joke for a long stretch of time. Secondly, threw some coin when GSW quickly went down 1-0 in the series, on NT and with the books. Lastly and perhaps most importantly for me personally, as an ardent Sixers supporter, I can't rock with the squad that painfully knocked us out in seven. Raps in the same conference and same damn division. Toronto's squad hard not to like but I ain't giving my support to a divisional or conference rival, ever.

I used to be better connected with the sports media because of work five or so years ago so I'm throwing this out there with no inside knowledge. Earlier today I felt like KD had a 50/50 chance of playing. After a light Sunday practice, now I feel more certain he's going to suit up for G5. Kerr and the medical staff will probably have Durant on a minutes restriction. Purely guessing in the 15-18 minutes range, depending on the game script (20 maximum). Perhaps GSW will start him for the opening eight or so minutes and give KD another run to start the third quarter.

Durant is obviously not at 100%. Everyone knows that much. We have no idea what kind of lift he'll have on his shot. We have no idea how badly his lateral movement is impacted defensively. We have no idea how many minutes he can even play.

Even with Durant in the lineup, it's no foregone conclusion that GSW wins G5. Then G6, then G7. The odds and the deck are stacked heavily against the Dubs. There is no margin for error. Dray has to play close to his best on both ends of the floor. "Boogie," Loon and Bogut gotta give whatever they possibly can with limiting Toronto's offensive boards and defending the PnR better. Steph obviously has to be way better on both ends. That goes without saying. You have to expect some drop-off from Klay. It's unfair to expect another G4 offensive performance with the bad hammy. Role players like Cook will have to hit some big shots like he did in G2. "Iggy" gotta hit his open threes on the left and right wings.

It's not unfathomable that Gasol has another game like G2. Or that Serge doesn't perform and dominate the fourth quarter the way he did at Oracle in G4. Dubs will really need everything to go their way. Raps got all the momentum, vivacious support of the home crowd. Their superstar, Kawhi, seems impervious to pressure or rattling. Danny Green gonna have to miss some of his threes. Refs may play a factor, although I hope that's not the case either way. Overall, G5 comes down to GSW's team defense. Do the Dubs defend rabidly like they did for a four-minute stretch of the second quarter in G3? Or do they fold in the PnR, give up easy, long offensive rebounds and concede the death of a dynasty?

YO.jpg

"3 Ninjas" reference :nthat:. GOAT 90s movie.

This the last stand, bros. Gonna quickly outline why I've been riding with the Dubs. @dland24 my bro. Man's never been insufferable even while the dynasty has racked up three of the last four NBA championships and made basketball parity a joke for a long stretch of time. Secondly, threw some coin when GSW quickly went down 1-0 in the series, on NT and with the books. Lastly and perhaps most importantly for me personally, as an ardent Sixers supporter, I can't rock with the squad that painfully knocked us out in seven. Raps in the same conference and same damn division. Toronto's squad hard not to like but I ain't giving my support to a divisional or conference rival, ever.

I used to be better connected with the sports media because of work five or so years ago so I'm throwing this out there with no inside knowledge. Earlier today I felt like KD had a 50/50 chance of playing. After a light Sunday practice, now I feel more certain he's going to suit up for G5. Kerr and the medical staff will probably have Durant on a minutes restriction. Purely guessing in the 15-18 minutes range, depending on the game script (20 maximum). Perhaps GSW will start him for the opening eight or so minutes and give KD another run to start the third quarter.

Durant is obviously not at 100%. Everyone knows that much. We have no idea what kind of lift he'll have on his shot. We have no idea how badly his lateral movement is impacted defensively. We have no idea how many minutes he can even play.

Even with Durant in the lineup, it's no foregone conclusion that GSW wins G5. Then G6, then G7. The odds and the deck are stacked heavily against the Dubs. There is no margin for error. Dray has to play close to his best on both ends of the floor. "Boogie," Loon and Bogut gotta give whatever they possibly can with limiting Toronto's offensive boards and defending the PnR better. Steph obviously has to be way better on both ends. That goes without saying. You have to expect some drop-off from Klay. It's unfair to expect another G4 offensive performance with the bad hammy. Role players like Cook will have to hit some big shots like he did in G2. "Iggy" gotta hit his open threes on the left and right wings.

It's not unfathomable that Gasol has another game like G2. Or that Serge doesn't perform and dominate the fourth quarter the way he did at Oracle in G4. Dubs will really need everything to go their way. Raps got all the momentum, vivacious support of the home crowd. Their superstar, Kawhi, seems impervious to pressure or rattling. Danny Green gonna have to miss some of his threes. Refs may play a factor, although I hope that's not the case either way. Overall, G5 comes down to GSW's team defense. Do the Dubs defend rabidly like they did for a four-minute stretch of the second quarter in G3? Or do they fold in the PnR, give up easy, long offensive rebounds and concede the death of a dynasty?

*proceeds to write novel.

freeze freeze , i-i-is this the end of the warriors? lol
Warriors in 7. No ifs-ands-or-butts.

60% KD, warriors win. Kd is that gifted and special, he'll be in a wheelchair getting double teamed. Plus he adds length. Plus he'll give the team a boost of energy and adrenaline. Plus I think Toronto will be kind of nervous. For 1, close out games are hard. 2, it's human nature to step off the gas when you're up big. Kawhi not human, but best believe kyle a whole fat *** nervous person. Kevin's presense opens the floor more for curry and klay too. More 3 point bombs. More ball pressure, pause. More assists and movement.

And this kills the box and-1, which has been Toronto's best defensive scheme this series.

That would be a lovely squad. Just want him to come back and make history before he goes :nthat:

How key he's been, it's great that he's coming back. They need all the depth they can get.
oh for sure. i love iggy. just thought he was talking about bouncing with shaun. Shaun def gone though right?

Warriors in 7. No ifs-ands-or-butts.

60% KD, warriors win. Kd is that gifted and special, he'll be in a wheelchair getting double teamed. Plus he adds length. Plus he'll give the team a boost of energy and adrenaline. Plus I think Toronto will be kind of nervous. For 1, close out games are hard. 2, it's human nature to step off the gas when you're up big.
I'm fw it. Lets go.
More ball pressure, pause.
Lmfao come on mane.

Warriors came back from 3-1 before, without kd...as...it was against kd and super russ and a hungry okc team.

They'll figure it out. Going 3 of 3 against an oppenent you know, and opponent you're better than when healthy.

man, 3 of 3 'should be lightwork'...something something thomas edison.

1 game at a time.

Warriors win tomorrow, you already know what time it is.

Warriors came back from 3-1 before, without kd...as...it was against kd and super russ and a hungry okc team.

They'll figure it out. Going 3 of 3 against an oppenent you know, and opponent you're better than when healthy.

1 game at a time.

4C48E770-8FBB-435C-BB3C-A09BE9E18BAB.jpeg

Remember the last time you were gloating with a team up 3-1......

:smh:

Dubs in selm confirmed

What's this? Chris Paul played for the Clippers? What? Don't remember any of this. Where's Shai and Trez?

large.gif

We choked so many times in the offs that it's used to me. This won't help steph tomorrow though :emoji_confused::emoji_confused:

We coming up on a nice lil piece of change tomorrow! :emoji_pray::emoji_pray:

1 game at a time.

Unlike in the past situations, the Warriors don't have HCA. I don't see them winning 2 out of the next 3 on the road. (This is also a case for not screwing around in the regular season, image how differently we'd all feel about this series if the Ws had HCA?)

Also, what have you seen this season that make your think they're better than these Raptors? The Rap ls have won 5 out of the 6 games this season and outplayed the Warriors in 14 out of the 16 quarters this series.

Back
Top Bottom