NBA Draft Thread 2011

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Originally Posted by mgrand15

Originally Posted by CareFreeJR

I agree that the Cavs should take Williams first and just get Kemba 4th. They aren't going to be competing much for the next 2 years, what they need is a high profile player to get fans in the seats. Both Kemba and D-Will can do that because they aren't afraid to show emotion when they play. They're very animated with their game, just like Lebron was. They don't even have to be 1/4 as good as Lebron, they just have to become the face of the Cavs and get into the playoffs within 3 years.
How many PGs dominate the way Kyrie did in a tough conference then fail in the NBA?
He didn't participate in conference play
When  was the last time a team with the point guard as their best player won the championship? Over 20 years ago when 1990 when Isiah Thomas led the Pistons to back to back championships.

Chauncey won the NBA Finals MVP but its debatable if he was the absolute best player on that team. Hamilton and Wallace were at the same level as him. Even if we say Chauncey was best player thats one time in 20 plus years. Dominant bigs and wings are far more common on championship teams.

I agree that the Cavs should take Williams first and just get Kemba 4th. They aren't going to be competing much for the next 2 years, what they need is a high profile player to get fans in the seats. Both Kemba and D-Will can do that because they aren't afraid to show emotion when they play. They're very animated with their game, just like Lebron was. They don't even have to be 1/4 as good as Lebron, they just have to become the face of the Cavs and get into the playoffs within 3 years.
How many PGs dominate the way Kyrie did in a tough conference then fail in the NBA?
When  was the last time a team with the point guard as their best player won the championship? Over 20 years ago when 1990 when Isiah Thomas led the Pistons to back to back championships.

Chauncey won the NBA Finals MVP but its debatable if he was the absolute best player on that team. Hamilton and Wallace were at the same level as him. Even if we say Chauncey was best player thats one time in 20 plus years. Dominant bigs and wings are far more common on championship teams.

Originally Posted by dreClark

So Kemba is 6'1*.

moon-shoes.jpg

Wait a sec, that guys not Ben Wallace.
nerd.gif

Wait a sec, that guys not Ben Wallace.
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
@ Williams being hextra humble this time around when talking about why he should be the #1 pick.

Just sounds crazy to me to be drafting a 6'7" PF that'll need some teaching before being able to guard multiple positions let alone play the 3.

What kind of socks and shoes are these guys wearing?

laugh.gif
@ Williams being hextra humble this time around when talking about why he should be the #1 pick.

Just sounds crazy to me to be drafting a 6'7" PF that'll need some teaching before being able to guard multiple positions let alone play the 3.

What kind of socks and shoes are these guys wearing?

laugh.gif
 @ Kanter interviewing with Minny to tell them to trade him to the Wiz.

laugh.gif
 @ Kanter interviewing with Minny to tell them to trade him to the Wiz.

I just didn't see enough perimeter skills at all form D.Will to see a smooth transition to the 3.  I'm sure with time he can do it provided he can shoot but in terms of being able to put it on the floor and make a move not right now at least.

Kanter stood up the Jazz, Raptors and Bucks when he was supposed to interview for them.
laugh.gif

I just didn't see enough perimeter skills at all form D.Will to see a smooth transition to the 3.  I'm sure with time he can do it provided he can shoot but in terms of being able to put it on the floor and make a move not right now at least.

Kanter stood up the Jazz, Raptors and Bucks when he was supposed to interview for them.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

That Duke game, he showed alot of skills out on the perimeter

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

That Duke game, he showed alot of skills out on the perimeter

Thoughts:

Didn't expect Kyrie to turn in at almost 6'4, same for DWill at 6'9
How is Leonard being 6'7 a bad thing, Chad Ford??
Notice that Leonard and Faried have the SAME exact measurements, except one is going to be a 2/3 and the other will be a 4.
Jordan Williams at 6'9 underwhelms me.
Didn't think Justin Harper was so short at 6'9 & didn't think Jordan Hamilton was almost 6'9
It's under the radar but Nolan Smith measuring at almost 6'4 has to help his stock a little bit no?

Thoughts:

Didn't expect Kyrie to turn in at almost 6'4, same for DWill at 6'9
How is Leonard being 6'7 a bad thing, Chad Ford??
Notice that Leonard and Faried have the SAME exact measurements, except one is going to be a 2/3 and the other will be a 4.
Jordan Williams at 6'9 underwhelms me.
Didn't think Justin Harper was so short at 6'9 & didn't think Jordan Hamilton was almost 6'9
It's under the radar but Nolan Smith measuring at almost 6'4 has to help his stock a little bit no?

Back
Top Bottom