NBA Draft Thread 2011

Originally Posted by mgrand15

Originally Posted by CareFreeJR

I agree that the Cavs should take Williams first and just get Kemba 4th. They aren't going to be competing much for the next 2 years, what they need is a high profile player to get fans in the seats. Both Kemba and D-Will can do that because they aren't afraid to show emotion when they play. They're very animated with their game, just like Lebron was. They don't even have to be 1/4 as good as Lebron, they just have to become the face of the Cavs and get into the playoffs within 3 years.
How many PGs dominate the way Kyrie did in a tough conference then fail in the NBA?
He didn't participate in conference play
When  was the last time a team with the point guard as their best player won the championship? Over 20 years ago when 1990 when Isiah Thomas led the Pistons to back to back championships.

chauncey-billups-2004-nba-championship-mvp-trophies-photofile.jpg

Originally Posted by mgrand15

Originally Posted by CareFreeJR

I agree that the Cavs should take Williams first and just get Kemba 4th. They aren't going to be competing much for the next 2 years, what they need is a high profile player to get fans in the seats. Both Kemba and D-Will can do that because they aren't afraid to show emotion when they play. They're very animated with their game, just like Lebron was. They don't even have to be 1/4 as good as Lebron, they just have to become the face of the Cavs and get into the playoffs within 3 years.
How many PGs dominate the way Kyrie did in a tough conference then fail in the NBA?
He didn't participate in conference play
When  was the last time a team with the point guard as their best player won the championship? Over 20 years ago when 1990 when Isiah Thomas led the Pistons to back to back championships.

chauncey-billups-2004-nba-championship-mvp-trophies-photofile.jpg

Derrick Williams made it a point of telling reporters yesterday that he's a 3 who can play 4. Hmm...

Derrick Williams made it a point of telling reporters yesterday that he's a 3 who can play 4. Hmm...

@chadfordinsider has tweeted measurements of a few prospects.
@chadfordinsider Derrick Williams was 6' 7.25"in socks and 6' 8.75" in shoes. He had a 7' 1.25" wingspan and a 9' 0" standing reach.
@chadfordinsider Turkey's Enes Kanter measured out well. 6' 9.75" in socks and 6'11.25" in shoes with a good 7' 1.5" wing and a 9' 1.5" standing reach
@chadfordinsider Jeremy Tyler measured with the biggest wingspan -- a whopping 7' 5".He also had the largest standing reach at 9' 4.5"
@chadfordinsider Providence's Marshon Brooks had the biggest wingspan among guards witha crazy 7' 1" wingspan. He's longer than bothMorris twins.
@chadfordinsider Kawhi Leonard had a huge 7' 3" wingspan and the biggest hands of anyone at the camp. But just 6' 7" in shoes.
@chadfordinsider Among the players that didn't meaasure wel were Tobias Harris -- just 6' 6.5" in socks -- pretty short if he's a power forward
@chadfordinsider Morehead States Kenneth Faried measured just 6' 6" in socks and 6' 7.5" in shoes. However he has a 7' wingspan and a 9' standing reach.
@chadfordinsider Trey Thompkins had 15.5 percent body fat - the most among the prospects here.
@chadfordinsider Kemba Walker 5' 11.5" in socks. 6' 1" in shoes. 6' 3.5" wing Brandon Knight 6' 1.5" socks and 6' 3.25" in shoes. 6' 6.75" wing
@chadfordinsider Marcus Morris 6' 7" socks 6' 8.75" shoes. 6' 10" wing. Markieff 6' 7.75" socks. 6' 9.25" shoes. 6' 10.75" wing.
@chadfordinsider USC Nikola Vucevic has a crazy 7' 4.5" wing.

@chadfordinsider has tweeted measurements of a few prospects.
@chadfordinsider Derrick Williams was 6' 7.25"in socks and 6' 8.75" in shoes. He had a 7' 1.25" wingspan and a 9' 0" standing reach.
@chadfordinsider Turkey's Enes Kanter measured out well. 6' 9.75" in socks and 6'11.25" in shoes with a good 7' 1.5" wing and a 9' 1.5" standing reach
@chadfordinsider Jeremy Tyler measured with the biggest wingspan -- a whopping 7' 5".He also had the largest standing reach at 9' 4.5"
@chadfordinsider Providence's Marshon Brooks had the biggest wingspan among guards witha crazy 7' 1" wingspan. He's longer than bothMorris twins.
@chadfordinsider Kawhi Leonard had a huge 7' 3" wingspan and the biggest hands of anyone at the camp. But just 6' 7" in shoes.
@chadfordinsider Among the players that didn't meaasure wel were Tobias Harris -- just 6' 6.5" in socks -- pretty short if he's a power forward
@chadfordinsider Morehead States Kenneth Faried measured just 6' 6" in socks and 6' 7.5" in shoes. However he has a 7' wingspan and a 9' standing reach.
@chadfordinsider Trey Thompkins had 15.5 percent body fat - the most among the prospects here.
@chadfordinsider Kemba Walker 5' 11.5" in socks. 6' 1" in shoes. 6' 3.5" wing Brandon Knight 6' 1.5" socks and 6' 3.25" in shoes. 6' 6.75" wing
@chadfordinsider Marcus Morris 6' 7" socks 6' 8.75" shoes. 6' 10" wing. Markieff 6' 7.75" socks. 6' 9.25" shoes. 6' 10.75" wing.
@chadfordinsider USC Nikola Vucevic has a crazy 7' 4.5" wing.

I hope Gilbert is reading some of the dumb @!%*#@# comments being said in here about Kyrie just so that he doesn't go to Cleveland.  Same with Kemba.

Let those bums draft Williams and Brandon Knight but don't touch my guys.

I hope Gilbert is reading some of the dumb @!%*#@# comments being said in here about Kyrie just so that he doesn't go to Cleveland.  Same with Kemba.

Let those bums draft Williams and Brandon Knight but don't touch my guys.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Can someone find out what shoes Kemba was wearing so I can be 6'1 too?
Probably the same shoes Cole Aldrich wore last year. 6'9 without shoes to 6'11 with shoes.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Can someone find out what shoes Kemba was wearing so I can be 6'1 too?
Probably the same shoes Cole Aldrich wore last year. 6'9 without shoes to 6'11 with shoes.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom