NBA Draft Lottery Thread - 5/19. ESPN.

I wasn't excpecting the Wiz to get the 1st pick but man they fell to #5 FML

They should get Curry

You are a Harden Stan though. If I remember correctly didn't you have Arizona State in the Elite 8??
yeah..so?

I thought Thabeet would push for #1 overall before the year, too.

i just see what i see. and I don't buy Thabeet anymore.

He can be a bust, Harden will not. I'd rather go on knowing I just have to fill one void, than strike out on a pick and still be stuck in the same spot.

Originally Posted by TheYoungestGun

Originally Posted by SylvesterMcGrizzly

Thabeet is trash to me...yes he is active defensively but he has no offensive game to speak of...to me he isn't worth a top 5 pick...

so how is he different from dwight howard then? howard is only bigger and stronger.. but howard doesnt really have any offensive game either... he'll just throw up that pathetic one handed hookshot off one leg.
Howard averages 20 a game with no offensive moves. Thabeet will never do that. Come on now. He is worth a top 5 pick though.

Thabeet will have a solid NBA career, not a franchise player by any means but he will be solid.

Hes like a semi clone of Beno Udrih

indifferent.gif
No. Just stop. I did not want Rubio an I hope he's gone by the 4th pick. I'd be happier with Jennings than Rubio at the guard slot for the Kings andwith the 23rd pick we need a SF with a bright future...sadly there don't seem to be many in the draft.

so how is he different from dwight howard then? howard is only bigger and stronger.. but howard doesnt really have any offensive game either... he'll just throw up that pathetic one handed hookshot off one leg.

You can't be serious.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Originally Posted by TheYoungestGun

Originally Posted by SylvesterMcGrizzly

Thabeet is trash to me...yes he is active defensively but he has no offensive game to speak of...to me he isn't worth a top 5 pick...

Howard averages 20 a game with no offensive moves. Thabeet will never do that. Come on now. He is worth a top 5 pick though.

how do you know? you're already saying he's never gonna average that. if he gets the same looks as howard, he'll produce too, because the league isgetting smaller and smaller every time. there arent a lot of legit 7-0 foot centers anymore. besides, he can learn too...

Originally Posted by CE0 Mal

I'd be happier with Jennings than Rubio at the guard slot for the Kings and with the 23rd pick we need a SF with a bright future...sadly there don't seem to be many in the draft.
Gimme a Chase Budinger with that late 1st rounder we have, and I'll call it a day
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by jville819

Originally Posted by Enlightened Thought

the only two young players worth mentioning on the clippers will be gordon and griffin. al thornton sucks really hard.

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
I wouldn't say he sucks, but he does need to work on his game a lot. Right now, all he is looking like is a young Maggette.

A combo of Gordon and Griffin well allow Thornton to focus on other aspects of his game that need improvement(i.e. Defense & Rebounding)
happy.gif

laugh.gif
@ t3b. I just caught that.

Thabeet will definitely be a solid player. Perfect team for him obviously is OKC. Durant and Green simply don't need another scorer over there. Russ isgood enough as a 3rd (eventually 2nd) option.

And Harden... I have NEVER been impressed. I watched and watched waiting to see SOMETHING. But I just don't see it....

Wouldn't be surprised if he freefalls.

Originally Posted by parada45

I wasn't excpecting the Wiz to get the 1st pick but man they fell to #5 FML

They should get Curry

I pray to God they do, that way we don't pick him.

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td] [table][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]NBA Draft Roundup, May 20[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]by: Jonathan Givony - President[/td] [/tr][tr][td]May 20, 2009[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Will the Clippers entertain offers for the #1 pick?...Rubio not interested in Memphis?...Jonny Flynn to Phoenix?...Jrue Holiday, DeJuan Blair, Austin Daye moving up draft boards...Tyrus Thomas on the trading block?...Which first round picks are available, and who is interested?

Dunleavy: Clearly, we're taking Blake Griffin

Lisa Dillman of the Los Angeles Times does a phenomenal job of reporting by getting Clippers head coach Mike Dunleavy to announce his intentions immediately after learning that his team will be drafting #1.

"Clearly, we're taking Blake Griffin," Clippers General Manager and Coach Mike Dunleavy said in a telephone interview from Barcelona, Spain.

"This guy is the No. 1 pick. We're extremely excited. He's the guy."

While it may seem strange for the Clippers to so quickly anoint Griffin as their choice before really possessing a full picture of what's on the table, many in the league think Dunleavy (also the Clippers GM in addition to their head coach) wants to leave no doubt in anyone's mind that Griffin is going first, in an effort to get teams to make their best offers.

"The Clippers need a point guard more than anything. They can easily trade Baron Davis back to the Warriors if they want to. I think they are going to move down to 3 or 4 and try to get Rubio there."

While Oklahoma City would obviously be extremely interested in the prospect of acquiring the top pick and drafting local product Blake Griffin, there is one team standing in their way - the Memphis Grizzlies, who own the #2 pick. From what people around the league are saying, Rubio's camp may already be sending out feelers indicating that he's not interested in the least bit in playing in Memphis.

"Rubio doesn't want to go to Memphis, and he especially does not want to pay money out of his own pocket with that huge buyout for the honor of doing so. Fegan [Rubio's agent] wants him in L.A., and if he can't have him there, he wants him in Sacramento. Definitely not Oklahoma City. "

Unlike Griffin or Hasheem Thabeet, who don't really have any choice where they will play next season if a team decides to play hardball, Rubio has a reasonably attractive alternative option at his disposal-returning to Spain.

"He'll pull out if he doesn't like what he's hearing," the NBA source tells us. "Or he can stay in and force the Grizzlies to call his bluff-would they really take him knowing that he may never come over? That's one way to get him to fall to three."

Fegan is already highly experienced in these matters, having unsuccessfully attempted to navigate fellow client Yi Jianlian towards the team of his choice in the 2007 draft, only to see Milwaukee foil his plans and pick him anyway. This time, though, he has a lot more leverage, as Rubio would likely have no problem staying in Badalona for another year or two or more if push came to shove. His buyout after all, is yet to be resolved, which in this case may actually be an advantage.

The Grizzlies are clearly aware of the politics surrounding their pick, but do not appear to be in any rush to make any decisions. "We'll talk about all those things when they come up," their General Manager Chris Wallace told us. "Right now we're still in evaluation mode. We haven't had any conversations with him [Rubio] or anyone else in his camp."

Wallace shared that he will be headed out to Spain this weekend to watch Rubio compete in game three of the ACB playoffs, where Joventut will try to advance to the semifinals with a road win over Real Madrid . "I sent someone out there last week to watch him in the playoffs just in case we were able to move up," Wallace told us. "He's hardly a sleeper and he hasn't been very difficult to track. We feel very comfortable with what we know about him right now."

When asked whether Mike Conley's status as Memphis' tentative starter will deter the Grizzlies from selecting another point guard, Wallace indicated that that won't be a factor. "We're not in a position to be drafting for need. We're going to go after the biggest talent available, whether that's a big man or a point guard or whatever."

What might make the most sense on paper would be for the Clippers and Grizzlies to work out a trade in which Memphis could take Griffin and Los Angeles would get Rubio. For that to happen, Memphis would have to part with one of their core assets, likely Rudy Gay. Obviously we'll have to stay tuned, because as John Hollinger correctly indicated in his latest column last night's lottery left more questions than answers for the teams drafting in the top 5.
[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table]
http://www.draftexpress.c...raft-Roundup-May-20-3224

Make it happen Petrie.

Originally Posted by Beats05

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td] [table][tr][td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]NBA Draft Roundup, May 20[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]by: Jonathan Givony - President[/td] [/tr][tr][td]May 20, 2009[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Will the Clippers entertain offers for the #1 pick?...Rubio not interested in Memphis?...Jonny Flynn to Phoenix?...Jrue Holiday, DeJuan Blair, Austin Daye moving up draft boards...Tyrus Thomas on the trading block?...Which first round picks are available, and who is interested?

Dunleavy: Clearly, we're taking Blake Griffin

Lisa Dillman of the Los Angeles Times does a phenomenal job of reporting by getting Clippers head coach Mike Dunleavy to announce his intentions immediately after learning that his team will be drafting #1.

"Clearly, we're taking Blake Griffin," Clippers General Manager and Coach Mike Dunleavy said in a telephone interview from Barcelona, Spain.

"This guy is the No. 1 pick. We're extremely excited. He's the guy."

While it may seem strange for the Clippers to so quickly anoint Griffin as their choice before really possessing a full picture of what's on the table, many in the league think Dunleavy (also the Clippers GM in addition to their head coach) wants to leave no doubt in anyone's mind that Griffin is going first, in an effort to get teams to make their best offers.

"The Clippers need a point guard more than anything. They can easily trade Baron Davis back to the Warriors if they want to. I think they are going to move down to 3 or 4 and try to get Rubio there."

While Oklahoma City would obviously be extremely interested in the prospect of acquiring the top pick and drafting local product Blake Griffin, there is one team standing in their way - the Memphis Grizzlies, who own the #2 pick. From what people around the league are saying, Rubio's camp may already be sending out feelers indicating that he's not interested in the least bit in playing in Memphis.

"Rubio doesn't want to go to Memphis, and he especially does not want to pay money out of his own pocket with that huge buyout for the honor of doing so. Fegan [Rubio's agent] wants him in L.A., and if he can't have him there, he wants him in Sacramento. Definitely not Oklahoma City. "

Unlike Griffin or Hasheem Thabeet, who don't really have any choice where they will play next season if a team decides to play hardball, Rubio has a reasonably attractive alternative option at his disposal-returning to Spain.

"He'll pull out if he doesn't like what he's hearing," the NBA source tells us. "Or he can stay in and force the Grizzlies to call his bluff-would they really take him knowing that he may never come over? That's one way to get him to fall to three."

Fegan is already highly experienced in these matters, having unsuccessfully attempted to navigate fellow client Yi Jianlian towards the team of his choice in the 2007 draft, only to see Milwaukee foil his plans and pick him anyway. This time, though, he has a lot more leverage, as Rubio would likely have no problem staying in Badalona for another year or two or more if push came to shove. His buyout after all, is yet to be resolved, which in this case may actually be an advantage.

The Grizzlies are clearly aware of the politics surrounding their pick, but do not appear to be in any rush to make any decisions. "We'll talk about all those things when they come up," their General Manager Chris Wallace told us. "Right now we're still in evaluation mode. We haven't had any conversations with him [Rubio] or anyone else in his camp."

Wallace shared that he will be headed out to Spain this weekend to watch Rubio compete in game three of the ACB playoffs, where Joventut will try to advance to the semifinals with a road win over Real Madrid . "I sent someone out there last week to watch him in the playoffs just in case we were able to move up," Wallace told us. "He's hardly a sleeper and he hasn't been very difficult to track. We feel very comfortable with what we know about him right now."

When asked whether Mike Conley's status as Memphis' tentative starter will deter the Grizzlies from selecting another point guard, Wallace indicated that that won't be a factor. "We're not in a position to be drafting for need. We're going to go after the biggest talent available, whether that's a big man or a point guard or whatever."

What might make the most sense on paper would be for the Clippers and Grizzlies to work out a trade in which Memphis could take Griffin and Los Angeles would get Rubio. For that to happen, Memphis would have to part with one of their core assets, likely Rudy Gay. Obviously we'll have to stay tuned, because as John Hollinger correctly indicated in his latest column last night's lottery left more questions than answers for the teams drafting in the top 5.
[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table]
http://www.draftexpress.c...raft-Roundup-May-20-3224

Make it happen Petrie.

I saw this on kingsfans.com

DO IT Petrie!!!!!

Why all the hate on Rubio?
laugh.gif

Saw this on draftexpress.com
From what people around the league are saying, Rubio's camp may already be sending out feelers indicating that he's not interested in the least bit in playing in Memphis.

Wallace shared that he will be headed out to Spain this weekend to watch Rubio compete in game three of the ACB playoffs, where Joventut will try to advance to the semifinals with a road win over Real Madrid. "I sent someone out there last week to watch him in the playoffs just in case we were able to move up," Wallace told us. "He's hardly a sleeper and he hasn't been very difficult to track. We feel very comfortable with what we know about him right now."

So, why would he want to play for Sacramento when he could play with two potential stars in OJ and Gay along with his Spanish counterpart in MarcGasol? If he wants to play in LA, thats alright with me because then that means we get Griffin. I honestly think that he didn't really say this, but ofcourse when it comes to Memphis getting some luck it always suppose to turn bad
laugh.gif

So, why would he want to play for Sacramento when he could play with two potential stars in OJ and Gay along with his Spanish counterpart in Marc Gasol?
I feel like it has everything to do with location.

I told y'all Rubio would do this.
laugh.gif
I would too, @%#* Memphis.

He dosn't have to worry because Memphis will stupidly pick Thabeet and force Marc Gasol to play power forward.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

So, why would he want to play for Sacramento when he could play with two potential stars in OJ and Gay along with his Spanish counterpart in Marc Gasol?
I feel like it has everything to do with location.

From what I've heard via Spainards, he's not the type to like to be in the spotlight. I don't really care what he's trying to do, unless hepulls his name out of the draft he will be drafted at two. Either we get a good deal for him or he plays. I don't usually see this coming from Spainardswhen they enter the league, so that's why I'm thinking its a bluff. His agent is Dan Fegan though
eyes.gif

Getting to play in the NBA is a gift and a great opporunity and to say "no" or pull out because you're going to get drafted by a team thatdoesn't have a big market is disgraceful.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

I told y'all Rubio would do this.
laugh.gif
I would too, @%#* Memphis.

He dosn't have to worry because Memphis will stupidly pick Thabeet and force Marc Gasol to play power forward.

indifferent.gif

Want to make a bet on that?
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom