NBA 2K11 Official Thread (Patch Put for PS3 & XBOX 360)

Originally Posted by rhester

.....It's almost that time for us regular folk, leggooooo
Windycity7 wrote:10 1/2 hrs left .......think i might not make it to wk tomorrow.......feeling sick
roll.gif

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

I'm already 30 games in with the Knicks in My Player mode. 3rd in the east.
pimp.gif

how are the mechanics of the AI?
do the teams make smart trades, do they ask your advice on trades?
also does your player get enough playing time, or is it the same ****** sub that was donoe in 2k10, where they sub you in and out every dead ball?

also do you start or is it more realistic that your guy is not rated high so he is coming off the bench?

Originally Posted by Infyrno23

pimp.gif

also does your player get enough playing time, or is it the same ****** sub that was donoe in 2k10, where they sub you in and out every dead ball?

also do you start or is it more realistic that your guy is not rated high so he is coming off the bench?

Mechanics and AI are the best I've ever experienced. You're in complete control the whole time. None of that bs where you start randomly running in the wrong direction. And the AI is great. Switches work very well, and I love how the player you're guarding changes if you switch so you don't get punished for someone else letting the guy you WERE guarding score.

So far, I haven't seen anything crazy as far as trades go. In 2K10 I remember Denver trading Billups and a filler for Dwight Howard.
laugh.gif
None of that nonsense here...yet.

On playing time, I just watched the IGN review and the comments on My Player mode were off. It doesn't take long to make it to the NBA...IF you can make it through camp without getting cut. It took me about an hour or so to be playing NBA games. Also, as of today, I'm starting over Felton. Took a while to start, but the minutes depend solely on stats. Averaging 17pts/7rpg/10apg
laugh.gif

I used to hate the subs after every dead ball. Hasn't happened to me yet.

One gripe I have...and I don't know if this is just my copy...but during the pregame intros, when they show my player entering the arena, dude's wearing a suit and a headband.
laugh.gif
That's literally the only issue I have. Well that and having damn near ever pass that isn't well thought out tipped.

Originally Posted by windycity7

Originally Posted by AdobeCS4

Originally Posted by Mr4thQuarter

Gamestop isn't doing a midnight release in my area...

Anyone else experiencing this?

I'm just going to hit up the 24 hour Wal Mart near the crib. Probably be the only one there
laugh.gif

yeah i was gonna go there but im gonna end up at kmart,wal-mart or best buy

trust me.. there are going to be mad ppl there.. i did this for 2k9, got to WM around 11:50.. there were already 20+ dudes waiting at the electronics counter.. 
worst part about it was i walked away empty handed (only had 15 copies for PS3) 
indifferent.gif

Everybody thats getting it in gamestop, for the 360, check your receipt, ur gonna get a code that unlocks the jordan jersey for ur avatar.

With that in mind, cant wait to get it tonight midnight, gonna get it at the gamestop in westchester Square bronx

Originally Posted by proper english

I'm just going to hit up the 24 hour Wal Mart near the crib. Probably be the only one there
laugh.gif

trust me.. there are going to be mad ppl there.. i did this for 2k9, got to WM around 11:50.. there were already 20+ dudes waiting at the electronics counter.. 
indifferent.gif
QFT
last year we went to Walmart around 11:30 and it was about 7-10 people in front of us, dudes had grabbed chairs and posted up (exactly what im doing tonight)

im going up there around 11, and getting my chair and magazine.
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

I live in the middle of nowhere. Doubt I'll have that problem but I'll go early just in case

Originally Posted by Infyrno23

pimp.gif

Mechanics and AI are the best I've ever experienced. You're in complete control the whole time. None of that bs where you start randomly running in the wrong direction. And the AI is great. Switches work very well, and I love how the player you're guarding changes if you switch so you don't get punished for someone else letting the guy you WERE guarding score.

So far, I haven't seen anything crazy as far as trades go. In 2K10 I remember Denver trading Billups and a filler for Dwight Howard.
laugh.gif
None of that nonsense here...yet.

On playing time, I just watched the IGN review and the comments on My Player mode were off. It doesn't take long to make it to the NBA...IF you can make it through camp without getting cut. It took me about an hour or so to be playing NBA games. Also, as of today, I'm starting over Felton. Took a while to start, but the minutes depend solely on stats. Averaging 17pts/7rpg/10apg
laugh.gif

I used to hate the subs after every dead ball. Hasn't happened to me yet.

One gripe I have...and I don't know if this is just my copy...but during the pregame intros, when they show my player entering the arena, dude's wearing a suit and a headband.
laugh.gif
That's literally the only issue I have. Well that and having damn near ever pass that isn't well thought out tipped.
laugh.gif
at a suit + headband. sounds like something iverson would do.

Originally Posted by Steve Cash

what exactly is sim, i never actually knew what it was.

Play the game like it's a real NBA game, that means no dunking every play, trapping, double teaming, stealing inbounds passes, etc etc, click spoiler for complete rules of that league I posted

Spoiler [+]
This is going to be a simulation league, simulation meaning we are going to play the way the game is really played. Basically, if you dont see them do the bs in the real nba games, dont do it in this league either. I understand we all have different styles of play but try to keep it in the framework of how basketball is really played..There are 1,000's of leauges out there, so if you dont like these rules or feel you cant follow them, then dont join this league...

BASICALLY IF YOU ARE PLAYING REALISTIC BASKETBALL YOU SHOULDNT HAVE ANY PROBLEMS WITH FOLLOWING THESE RULES:

1. Difficulty will be on ________.

2. Injuries will be on.

3. Quarters will be set to _____ minutes.

4. We will be using a fantasy draft. The draft will be held at a pre-determined date. You will be required to either make a list (draft board) or attend the draft.

5. All trades can be vetoed by the leadership team if we believe it is being used to better only one team.

There will be a 48 hour review window on all trades in which the trade is eligible for veto.

6. The league will advance the week every 2-4 days to give everyone enough flexibility to get their game in, unless everyone has completed their week earlier. I am hoping that we will be able to move the league at a swift pace.

7. Everyone should plan the time and day they want to get their game played with their upcoming opponent. Use the scheduling forums often for your games.

8. This is a Sim League. Just play fair, if people find a way to make a play work every time or something that is impossible to stop - DON'T DO IT. If someone is glitching or cheating on you just save a highlight at the end of the game, tell me, and post it. If you are caught cheating, cheesing, or glitching you will be banned. It is required that you play realistically.

8.1 AFTER A BASKET, ALLOW YOUR OPPONENT TO INBOUNDS THE BALL. You can't steal the ball after a basket when opponent is behind the basket. If the player your opponent is trying to pass it to, is beyond the 3pt line, you can attempt to steal the ball. Some times the computer guy will do it by himself, when this happens its ok, take advantage.

8.2 FULL COURT PRESS TRAP WILL NOT BE ALLOWED. YOU CAN PICK UP MAN TO MAN FULL COURT. If you're down by 10 points anytime in the game you can full-court press trap. In the last 2 minutes of the game, either team can, or either team can steal the inbounds pass.

8.3 ON OFFENSE THERE WILL BE NO FULL COURT PASSES. This is bull and never happens in the NBA. Dont throw it full court, make a couple extra passes or even just 1, or a extra dribble or 2 then pass it. If you do it on accident just pull the ball back out and wait for the D to get back and set up-..Just try not to throw it 3 point line, all the way to the other 3 point line.

8. 4 OFFENSE DO NOT JUST BALL HOG WITH 1 PLAYER. Of course your stars are going to shot more, but they should occassionaly put up 30 attempts, its not something they do every game

8.5 ON OFFENSE, SPREAD OUT YOUR OFFENSE, 3's, MIDRANGE, AND POINTS IN PAINT. Majority of your points shouldnt just come from lead pass, layups and dunks. This is not realistic at all. Shot 3's and Jumpshots, thats what they do in the lg, not dunk and shot layups all the time-. You really shouldnt ever have more than 55% of your points in the paint.

8.6 IF YOU ARE PLAYING AND YOU FEEL YOUR OPPONENT IS VIOLATING RULES OR NOT PLAYING SIM. YOU 1ST NEED TO PAUSE THE GAME AND LET THEM KNOW WHAT YOU FEEL THEY ARE DOING WRONG. IF THEY CONTINUE TO DO THE SAME THINGS, THEN YOU NEED TO REPORT IT TO THE ADMINS. WE'RE ALL MEN, WE ARE NOT TRYING TO HEAR COMPLAINING OVER EVERYTHING, YOU GUYS SHOULD BE ABLE TO COMPROMISE AND REALIZE IF YOU ARE DOING SOME BS!!..REMEMBER THIS IS JUST A GAME AND WE SHOULD RESPECT EACH OTHER AND TRY TO FOLLOW RULES

9. If something comes up where you have to leave the dynasty, JUST TELL ME. Don't just ditch it and never respond to me, just tell me and I will replace you.

10. No personal trash talking to each other. I don't care if you beat someone and talk trash, I want you guys making rivalries with fellow division users, but if you start adding in racial or ethnic remarks or other personal attacks you will be banned.

11. You must add every league member to your friends list to help with scheduling games.

12. It is expected that you monitor the Forums and League website once per day min. We want this to be an active and competitive league.

13. Free Agents may be signed once a player is successfully claimed from the FORUM waiver wire.

To claim a player the team must post on the Waiver Wire forums what player they are interested in. If a claim has been on the forums for more than 48 hours without another team claiming them then that team receives the rights to the player.

If multiple teams request the same player a priority list will be used to deterime the team in which said player signs.

Also if Multiple teams request the same player the waiver period may end in less than 12 hours if the week is about to be advanced.

14. There should ZERO restarts!!!!!! In the event of a disconnect - games are played back to the previous situation.

15. Game Recaps are required after each game. If a team skips more then 3 per season, they will be removed from the league.

16. Games played against the CPU may not be restarted.

17. If two parties cannot connect, The GM who lacks the technology to play their game in a reliable manner will have the CPU take his place for that single game.

laugh.gif
Sim leagues almost never work. People will always find fault in something and complain.

I don't think there will be too many exploiters/abusers this year since 2k11 really improved the computer AI/help defense... the only thing I can see people abusing is the euro/hop-step/spin dunk. Other than that, this game will be pretty realistic and the scores won't be outrageous.

Back
Top Bottom