NBA 2K11 Official Thread (Patch Put for PS3 & XBOX 360)

%#%% a sim league.
how you gonna tell me i cant pressure the ball after i score.
laugh.gif

i do that in streetball pick up games.... i be damned i cant do it on a video game

Originally Posted by bredin808

Sim leagues almost never work.

Worked for me for the past 2 seasons.

Originally Posted by infyrno23

%#%% a sim league.
how you gonna tell me i cant pressure the ball after i score.

i do that in streetball pick up games.... i be damned i cant do it on a video game

Good, one less headache in the league.

Went ahead and pre-ordered on Amazon with the release day shipping (free with amazon prime).

Can't wait to beast with the Warriors....
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Originally Posted by Infyrno23

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

I'm already 30 games in with the Knicks in My Player mode. 3rd in the east.
pimp.gif

how are the mechanics of the AI?
do the teams make smart trades, do they ask your advice on trades?
also does your player get enough playing time, or is it the same ****** sub that was donoe in 2k10, where they sub you in and out every dead ball?

also do you start or is it more realistic that your guy is not rated high so he is coming off the bench?

Mechanics and AI are the best I've ever experienced. You're in complete control the whole time. None of that bs where you start randomly running in the wrong direction. And the AI is great. Switches work very well, and I love how the player you're guarding changes if you switch so you don't get punished for someone else letting the guy you WERE guarding score.

So far, I haven't seen anything crazy as far as trades go. In 2K10 I remember Denver trading Billups and a filler for Dwight Howard.
laugh.gif
None of that nonsense here...yet.

On playing time, I just watched the IGN review and the comments on My Player mode were off. It doesn't take long to make it to the NBA...IF you can make it through camp without getting cut. It took me about an hour or so to be playing NBA games. Also, as of today, I'm starting over Felton. Took a while to start, but the minutes depend solely on stats. Averaging 17pts/7rpg/10apg
laugh.gif

I used to hate the subs after every dead ball. Hasn't happened to me yet.

One gripe I have...and I don't know if this is just my copy...but during the pregame intros, when they show my player entering the arena, dude's wearing a suit and a headband.
laugh.gif
That's literally the only issue I have. Well that and having damn near ever pass that isn't well thought out tipped.

I have seen one crazy trade Raymond Felton got traded back to Charlotte for tyrus Thomas in my player mode

Im surprised random gamestops are doing midnight releases I never knew they did md releases for 2k bball games

You guys found Gamestops that are doing midnight releases? Weird. My spot here in central VA called me over the weekend to remind me of the release, and told me they'd be doing a midnight release. Called back today to confirm only to find out that they no longer are because they don't have it yet. Weak.

Anyone else seen the short commercial that's been on TV lately with Jordan playing against the modern day Celtics? Get a look at his shoes? Wow 2k.. they look like fakes lol. Black 11's with a red patent leather cut. I sure hope there's nothing like that in the actual game.

Can't wait to pick up my copy tonight at midnight release. I'm more hyped about this than when MW2 came out honestly.

Originally Posted by Sour Diesel

You guys found Gamestops that are doing midnight releases? Weird. My spot here in central VA called me over the weekend to remind me of the release, and told me they'd be doing a midnight release. Called back today to confirm only to find out that they no longer are because they don't have it yet. Weak.

Anyone else seen the short commercial that's been on TV lately with Jordan playing against the modern day Celtics? Get a look at his shoes? Wow 2k.. they look like fakes lol. Black 11's with a red patent leather cut. I sure hope there's nothing like that in the actual game.
There are only 3 color blocking choices for shoes so get used to seeing them like that

Play the game like it's a real NBA game, that means no dunking every play, trapping, double teaming, stealing inbounds passes, etc etc

So people don't trap, double team and steal inbound passes in real games?

Sounds like sim leagues are for people who suck
laugh.gif

I play against these kinda people all the time.  If they od'ing with it it's cuz they can.  Just play better!

Originally Posted by amel223

Play the game like it's a real NBA game, that means no dunking every play, trapping, double teaming, stealing inbounds passes, etc etc

laugh.gif

I play against these kinda people all the time.  If they od'ing with it it's cuz they can.  Just play better!

not every single play.

There's a difference between taking advantage of a weak player/defense
and flat out abuse.

I can't stand playing against a player that roams around reaching at the ball the whole time
double teaming anybody that touches the ball etc.
Win or lose, the game is just not fun to me that way, which is why i'm playing in the first place

laugh.gif

I don't think people dislike non-sim players/cheesers because they can't beat them; they dislike them because it's not and enjoyable experience. Knocking off somebody who runs around on defense trying to steal the ball every possession by 30 points isn't very satisfying.

The dudes who play like that are usually the ones who quit when they get down, or do all that wack pausing and replaying &#^$.

Originally Posted by AdobeCS4

There are only 3 color blocking choices for shoes so get used to seeing them like that
What do you mean, like 3 set colorways to choose from? Or you can add up to 3 colors to the shoe? You can't make some more realistic looking black/red 11's than those? Also, on NBA2K's Facebook, they showed a picture of the Concords, but said something about being able to "get that pair of Space Jams you've always wanted". What's the deal?

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

laugh.gif

I don't think people dislike non-sim players/cheesers because they can't beat them; they dislike them because it's not and enjoyable experience. Knocking off somebody who runs around on defense trying to steal the ball every possession by 30 points isn't very satisfying.

The dudes who play like that are usually the ones who quit when they get down, or do all that wack pausing and replaying &#^$.

So true.

What do you mean, like 3 set colorways to choose from? Or you can add up to 3 colors to the shoe? You can't make some more realistic looking black/red 11's than those? Also, on NBA2K's Facebook, they showed a picture of the Concords, but said something about being able to "get that pair of Space Jams you've always wanted". What's the deal?

its really that serious?

Originally Posted by MaxElite

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

laugh.gif

So true.

THIS.

If I play a quick match I always start sim. then dudes always pick the Lakers and try to cheese it up with Kobe. This is when i turn it on and blow they *+* out by 20. they proceed to quit or dashboard and i hit em with the *@@@ you @$%%# +@#*@ message
pimp.gif

nothing wrong with full court pressing...... if your good it is easy to break and make them pay plus their team will get mad tired... ppl love using the "cheeser" excuse cause they suck

Originally Posted by proper english

its really that serious?

On the commercial it's a whole different color. When you unlock each shoe you can edit the color to absolutely any color,cool greys,concords even some weird pink and lime #%%+ like in this vid.

Anyone know why Drake's lyrics "two thumbs up...ebert and roeper" were dubbed out in the game like the video above? Just curious.

so does ne one know where to get at midnight if local gamestops arent doing ne thing? i assume walmart? do they usually put their games out like that or do u have to ask etc

Back
Top Bottom