NBA 2K11 Official Thread (Patch Put for PS3 & XBOX 360)

So I am currently doing a test run with Dominic James from Marquette in My PLayer mode of 2K10. Undrafted in 2009. I went through the Summer League and didn't get picked up by anyone. I didn't cheese or force myself into killing. I played the way D. James plays. Penetrating, taking open shot, ball-hawk, and can fly in transition when given the chance.

I am with the Dakota Wizards now riding the pine. This is actually fun, I don't know why I didn't spend more time in this mode.

But yea man, the D-League would be MUCH better if I would edit their names. Maybe next year. I might not make the NBA with this dude.

Originally Posted by henz0

John Wall is a monster in this game
sick.gif
.. Ima be runnin with them when not with the Grizz
That's basically the one mistake they made in the ratings when comparing Wall to other PG's. His rating should've been lower and depending on his performance for the first month it'll go up.

Originally Posted by rhester

25hcz13.jpg

.....I don't know what a "gaming coupon" is, I might do it but I want to be able to use the credit for anything in store

anyone know what a "gaming coupon" is .......i knew i held off dropping any $$$ for a reason

Originally Posted by windycity7

Originally Posted by rhester

25hcz13.jpg

.....I don't know what a "gaming coupon" is, I might do it but I want to be able to use the credit for anything in store

anyone know what a "gaming coupon" is .......i knew i held off dropping any $$$ for a reason
Basically a coupon that you can use on a future video game purchase only.

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

so for those who decided to put in their own music in the game, what music did you choose?

its probably a little cheesy but I put in the NBA On NBC theme song for the halftime show when I'm playing the jordan challenge (90's era)
laugh.gif
You're on PS3 right? how do we add music to the game? MP3 format cool?
yeah, ps3

make sure your music is in a playlist before starting the game. For example, I made a playlist and named it "NBC"...then i added the nba on nbc theme song to this playlist (this playlist only has one song)

then once you start the game, you go to the menu----> features---->2K beats--->Arena Music

once you get there, you're gonna see "all arenas" with list of arena events (you can also do this for separate arenas but I chose to do it for all arenas instead)

In the list, I go to halftime and press the Left stick to look for my playlist...I find "NBC" and leave it there

press Circle and go to play any game

that's all.

Can we add this to the first page? Good looks pr0ph.

Jordan Shoes
By: 2K Admin Ron | Sunday October 03 2010
Hi everyone!
Erick Boenisch, Producer for NBA 2K11, back once again. If you missed my Insights on MJ: Creating A Legend, My Player, and/or The Association, make sure and give those a read. Today I am here to talk about ‘My Jordans’, one of the features related to our partnership with Michael Jordan. As the name implies, this feature centers around the collection of shoes available from the fine folks at Jordan Brand. And because I know you are already antsy, YES, we have every Air Jordan in the game all the way from the Air Jordan I through the Air Jordan 2010! Read on to find out more…

To some people, they are just shoes. To others, they are the culture that defines the NBA. To us, they are authenticity... plain and simple. If it happens in the NBA, we go above and beyond to make sure it appears in our game. That’s why I was beyond excited about our partnership with Michael Jordan this year. This partnership afforded us the ability to bring you the greatest shoe collection the NBA culture has ever seen.

33561_10150295035010305_221292025304_14867407_4687119_n.jpg

The shoe locker will allow you to view all of your unlocked shoes from the Jordan Brand shoe collection, as well as learn a little history about the shoe. You will also be able to equip players with shoes from the shoe locker as well.

The following is a complete list of all of the Jordan Brand shoes you will be able to obtain in the game this year:

Air Jordan I +2 Ball Handle
Air Jordan II +2 Shot Low Post
Air Jordan III +5 Steal
Air Jordan IV +5 Pass
Air Jordan V +5 Layup
Air Jordan VI +5 Vertical
Air Jordan VII +4 Shot 3PT
Air Jordan VIII +4 Shoot Off Dribble
Air Jordan IX +2 Hustle
Air Jordan X +4 Hands
Air Jordan XI +10 Dunk
Air Jordan XII +5 Stamina
Air Jordan XIII +5 Defensive Low Post
Air Jordan XIV +5 Shot Medium
Air Jordan XV +2 Ball Security
Air Jordan XVI +4 Off-Hand Dribbling
Air Jordan XVII +2 Strength
Air Jordan XVIII +2 Block
Air Jordan XIX +2 Defensive Rebound
Air Jordan XX +4 Quickness
Air Jordan XX1 +2 Offensive Low Post
Air Jordan XX2 +2 On-Ball Defense
Air Jordan XX3 +4 Offensive Awareness
Air Jordan 2009 +2 Durability
Air Jordan 2010 +2 Shot Inside
Air Jordan 2010 Team +3 Speed
Flight School +2 Defensive Awareness
Melo M7 +3 Shot Medium
Ol’ School IV +2 Shoot In Traffic
Take Flight +2 Shot Close
CP3.IV +3 Pass
Pure J +2 Shot 3PT
1-6-1-7 +2 Steal
Team Iso +2 Speed
Rare Air +2 Layup
Pro Strong +2 Defensive Low Post
Air’s +2 Stamina
Evolution ’85 +2 Shoot Off Dribble
6.17.23 +2 Off-Hand Dribbling
Jumpman H Series +2 Offensive Rebound

34718_10150295035245305_221292025304_14867420_4138695_n.jpg

The crown jewel in the Jordan collection, the Air Jordan XI, will grant you +10 to your Dunking attribute if you are lucky enough to unlock it.

As I’m sure you noticed, there are attribute bonuses tied to each shoe. Every unlockable Jordan Brand shoe in the game has an attribute tied to it this year. When a player is wearing a particular pair of shoes, he will get the attribute bonus added to his skills. This is particularly useful in My Player mode where there are attribute caps. These shoes allow you to exceed those caps giving you the ultimate opportunity to differentiate your player from others.

You’ll notice above that I referred to these shoes as ‘unlockable’ shoes. We’re not going to send you on a wild chase where you have to go perform various tasks to get access to the shoes. We’re simply going to reward you for playing the game. Every couple of hours of play, a new pair of shoes will be made available to you. You can be playing Quick Games, Association games, My Player, Online, whatever. Just play and the shoes will come.

The shoes do not unlock in the same order for everyone, but rather in a weighted random order with respect to how scarce they are in the real world. For example, all of the shoes above with a ‘+2’ bonus will likely unlock much sooner than the shoes with the higher bonuses. The higher end shoes will definitely give you a big advantage over the competition, particularly in My Player Pick-Up games. The real prize here is obviously the Air Jordan XI, with a number of the ‘+5’ shoes hot on its heels. And remember, all you have to do to unlock these shoes is play the game!

With the launch of NBA 2K11 only 2 days away, I just want to say thank you to everyone for reading our Insights and letting us tell you about all the great stuff we’ve added to the game. As always, it’s been our pleasure. We’ll see you out on the courts!

- Erick Boenisch
a.k.a. SimBaller

FOR ALL THOSE ASKING ABOUT ARENA MUSIC......
let me direct you to the OS boards, they got a thread specifically for Custom Arena Music........  Just browse through their thread. In the first post is the main file (I think theres 800 sounds) to download, and scattered within the thread are some more files you can download, such as classic rock, and the TV themes (NBA on NBC, TNT, etc)....

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/nba-2k/446671-nba-2k11-custom-arena-music.html

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

let me direct you to this site, they got like a billions sounds including all the TV intros (NBA on NBC, etc) in there. Just browse through their thread. In the first post is the main file to download, and scatter within the thread are some more files you can download, such as classic rock, and the TV themes....

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/nba-2k/446671-nba-2k11-custom-arena-music.html
I followed the dudes last year doing all this.  Will check it out again this year 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

let me direct you to the OS boards, they got a thread specifically for Custom Arena Music........  Just browse through their thread. In the first post is the main file (I think theres 800 sounds) to download, and scattered within the thread are some more files you can download, such as classic rock, and the TV themes (NBA on NBC, TNT, etc)....

WOW!

Man them OS dudes going in with the Custom Sounds.
eek.gif

All of those files are a bit too much, I might find the NBA on NBC theme and use that for the classic teams.

im happy for the dudes who only have a ps3. now you can truly have a crazy nba experience with all of the arena music lol us 360 owners have been loving custom soundtracks for years. it really does make the game feel even more authentic.

now if only these dudes would stop ducking questions about the kobe shoes, arenas, and tatoos....

Originally Posted by Steve Cash

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

Just saw the ratings and Deron > CP3
30t6p3b.gif

But like it matters
laugh.gif
well DWill is better than CP3 in real life so thats how it should be in the game.

Yeah that is the truth but it ain't happening. Dwill plays for Utah and you know Utah ain't gettin' no love in the slightest
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
. I suprised they even rated him in the 90s. Dude is the best in the league
30t6p3b.gif

Samr thing goes for the Utes
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom