NBA 2K11 Official Thread (Patch Put for PS3 & XBOX 360)

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

Any suggestions for someone coming over from NBA Live? Last game I seriously played was NBA Live 08

I downloaded the demo and the control scheme was crazy to me.
laugh.gif

I was getting passes picked off everywhere, couldnt figure out how to dunk, random pull up shots when I am trying to do crossovers...

Im getting the game regardless... I just want to know the best way to practice... online, single player, or is there a practice mode?

Coming over to the Dark Side
pimp.gif

Man, the MJ thing sold me. It could have gotten a 6 and I would still be buying this.

Replaying the shot over Ehlo over and over....

Cleveland just can't catch a break.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

I was getting passes picked off everywhere, couldnt figure out how to dunk, random pull up shots when I am trying to do crossovers...

1. Passing is more realistic than ever. Passing rating finally matters this year. SO poor passers will make poor passes. You can't play the way you played older basketball games where you threw anything and the pass was completed. Pass from smart angles.

2. You shoot with the right stick in 2K. Crossovers are with the left stick. GO into practice mode and it explains everything.

3. To dunk, you run towards the basket holding turbo and then press the shot stick. Without turbo, a layup will be done. During the game, the traffic level determines if you will dunk or not. (Depending on the player you are controlling).

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Man just a word of advice, 30 man leagues rarely ever finish. So you might want to reconsider 30 teams. 12 is an ideal number. Just trying to look out for you man
I've had 2 30 man leagues finish before, with a few games simmed towards the end. As long as people are active its all good. I don't prefer 12 man leagues because teams will be too stacked.

Originally Posted by al3x89

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

360 Heads: starting a 30 man fantasy draft sim league. if you interested, visit my league site: http://simforlife2k.webs.com/ and hit up the chat and i'll have a invite waiting for ya when ya cop your game

what is this exactly?

i'm interested but i'm not quite sure what it is. more info?

It's
pretty much a online league. You pick a team and we schedule a draft
where you can pick any player. Once you have your team, you can play
against any other person in the league. Its pretty much a online season
with fantasy drafted rosters. It's pretty damn fun bro.

ok add me to this list. i'm in. gt is acfusion29

pm me if you need more info.

so for those who decided to put in their own music in the game, what music did you choose?

its probably a little cheesy but I put in the NBA On NBC theme song for the halftime show when I'm playing the jordan challenge (90's era)
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

so for those who decided to put in their own music in the game, what music did you choose?

its probably a little cheesy but I put in the NBA On NBC theme song for the halftime show when I'm playing the jordan challenge (90's era)
laugh.gif

^ I did the same with the NBA on NBC at halftime, and the beginning part of "I Gotta Feeling" for tip off.
I had Kernkraft 400 set for Long or time outs
The rest of them I just left the same,

Questions for those with the game.

I know there's an option to use Real Player Shooting % and Free Throw Shooting % or Shot Stick timing, what options are you guys using?

Is there a big discrepancy in Game Stats like Shooting % or total points scored?

Also are the majority of you playing in Arcade or Sim mode?

Originally Posted by heels

Trying to decide if I should wait for Toys R Us buy 2 get 1 free or not, they usually have it the 2nd or third week in October. 
grin.gif
I heard they won't be doing that anymore.

Trying to decide if I should wait for Toys R Us buy 2 get 1 free or not, they usually have it the 2nd or third week in October. 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Mister916

That sucks, probably because of all the Niketalkers running the scam last year.
laugh.gif
Exactly
laugh.gif

Me and my boys abused the hell out of that deal last year. I remember I copped Dirt 2 x NBA 2k10 (old copy broke) and the next day my man went in and copped Super Mario Bros and Mario & Sonic for the Wii. I took advantage of that deal for at least 10 games
laugh.gif

I can't wait to play this damn thing. I read rumours that it was going to get released early here in Australia, but they turned out to be false. Now I've gotta wait til the 8th for it to be released. SMH

Originally Posted by philly5fan

Originally Posted by Mister916

That sucks, probably because of all the Niketalkers running the scam last year.
laugh.gif
Exactly
laugh.gif

Wait what was the scam?
1. Keep the free game and take the 2 you don't want back to customer service and ask them for a gift card in exchange. 

Tell them you want to wait and use the card for 2 other games that aren't released yet. 

Then go to a different ToysRUs and use the gift card for the same deal. 

Repeat step 1. 
Biff is probably the reason they'll kill it or change the policy
laugh.gif

8116_154779707193_501022193_2782039_6941124_n.jpg

To be honest, F TRU. They always try to be slick and hide new releases during the promotion. I remember the sudden restock of NBA 2K10 the day after the promo. I tried to exchange one of the paid games for it and this Mike Tyson looking hag mutumbo'd me. Then, her goon had the nerve to tell me "take it to gamestop and they'll give you it." I felt like hammer of dawning those broads.

Just went to my so-cal spot and they said not until tomorrow afternoon. They usually come through a few days before release. 2K sports got the delivery dudes in check
laugh.gif

Now I'm debating whether to get it tomorrow or just wait for my gamestop copy that is already paid off.

jordan challenge is kinda difficult 
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

for those that have it, what challenges have you been able to complete so far?

i've only done the double nickle and The arrival.

Keeping Clyde Drexler under 20 in the Shrug challenge is killing me lol

Back
Top Bottom