Nashville, TN - Any of yall live out there?

Traffic is not good

Just a warning people here think slow move slow drive slow. And they can't drive. Your stress level will skyrocket because of this.

This guy knows. Apparently Tennessee doesn't have a driver's ed program before kids can get their license. There are tons of bad drivers.

Nashville will be great for you if you are into music. More studios per capita than anywhere else in the world. Plus the best studio in North America, arguably the world,(Blackbird) For music lovers there is literally ALWAYS something to do.

Hundreds of places you can perform your original music.
Tonight there was live music on the riverfront to kick off the 4th of July weekend event and most of the bands were local.

Compared to anywhere in CA, Nashville is inexpensive.
Plan on paying anywhere between 600-700/month for rent for a two bedroom 2 bathroom in a halfway decent part of town.(Not the great part of town but not the hood)
Food is not expensive, gas is up to about $3.55, but will probably go down some.

Taxes are high here. 9.25% sales tax on everything. No state income tax though.
Another negative about Nashville is the driving. IMO some of the worst drivers in the nation(traffic for no reason, inability to merge onto highway etc)

lmk if you have any other questions.

This guy knows. These fools will get onto a highway on ramp going 30mph, them stop at the end and put on their bla keys to get o er then still drive 55 mph

Mostly the illegals, Mexicans, and Africans do this because they aren't legit anyway and try to keep it safe

I went downtown to the riverfront last night stepped into a few clubs and got bent.

Op if your trying to do your music band here or whatever good luck it's a million people doing the same thing, you better be good but if you can't make it in cali your probably not going to make it here

This guy knows. These fools will get onto a highway on ramp going 30mph, them stop at the end and put on their bla keys to get o er then still drive 55 mph

Mostly the illegals, Mexicans, and Africans do this because they aren't legit anyway and try to keep it safe

I went downtown to the riverfront last night stepped into a few clubs and got bent.

Op if your trying to do your music band here or whatever good luck it's a million people doing the same thing, you better be good but if you can't make it in cali your probably not going to make 
Bad drivers come in all races and colors man.  That **** sounds racist to me.  

But yea op, don't think it's like a episode of Nashville where everything is nice and sweet.  They only show a small side of Nashville.  Mainly downtown area where there's a music scene and green hills which is a nice suburb.  There's hoods and bad areas too.  IMO TN is boring and I don't like country music.  

Last edited:
Bad drivers come in all races and colors man.  That **** sounds racist to me.  

But yea op, don't think it's like a episode of Nashville where everything is nice and sweet.  They only show a small side of Nashville.  Mainly downtown area where there's a music scene and green hills which is a nice suburb.  There's hoods and bad areas too.  IMO TN is boring and I don't like country music.  

Nashville Is far from boring

People that aren't natives and come from poor areas tend to be terrible drivers....why? Cause they prob didn't have driving experience until they set foot in America....some of y'all been driving since hs and still can't drive for **** lol

But op just know going from Cali to the south will be a big adjustment...it's different here lol...not in a bad way, it's just slower and more laid back

People that aren't natives and come from poor areas tend to be terrible drivers....why? Cause they prob didn't have driving experience until they set foot in America....some of y'all been driving since hs and still can't drive for **** lol

But op just know going from Cali to the south will be a big adjustment...it's different here lol...not in a bad way, it's just slower and more laid back

Everywhere is slower compared to California.

From sac to Tennessee... The cost of living is wayyy cheaper, less tax as well so enjoy. You can actually purchase a home WITH land! For under 200k...cali,200k get you a spot in the hood.

Not too far from the smokey mountains. Nice area as well.
Nashville is a cool lil town.

Nter mound raised 23 lives there I believe.. Can find him and ask

OP, I just wanna leave this in your mind.

Imagine if George Strait never left to Tennessee to sing his songs and chase his dreams.

The only good thing to come out of Tennessee is Young Buck and Jack Daniels forreal forreal

3 6 mafia
Isaac hayes
Justin Timberlake
Usher
8ball mjg
Elvis
Yo gotti
Miley cyrus
Morgan Freeman
AL green
Megan Fox
Dolly parton
Oscar Robertson
Jj Redick
Penny Hardaway
Tina Turner
Quentin Tarentino

And...
Ric flair

ric-flair-woo-gif.gif

More people but I'm tired of typing. You get the point -__-

OP, I just wanna leave this in your mind.

Imagine if George Strait never left to Tennessee to sing his songs and chase his dreams.

Trust me.. I don't wanna wonder "what if.." When I get older famb. This is my big dream. I wanna chase it.

Thanks for the great advice everyone. I've been out of town camping with a friend for the weekend and JUST got back.

Happy that some local residents replied with some good information as well. A few things to clear up:
-in no way am I going there to live out of my car and be a poor musician waiting for stardom.. Here in Sacramento, there is absolutely no opportunity for musicians to make anything of themselves. I'm working a full time job and play music with my friend right now a lot, been improving a lot.

-I want to go to Nashville to live in MUSIC CITY, work a good job and play music and enjoy being around people who are like me. Young musicians who eat, sleep, breathe, and drink music- specifically country music. Play some bars and really soak up the music and new information I can add to my music arsenal.. I know that Nashville Country Musicians are highly looked up upon through the country. And at least I'll have the tools and opportunity to make it somewhere in the country music world if I have what it takes. If I stay here, I'll never know. It simply isn't happening here. Even if I was the next George Strait, people wouldn't give two ****s about it.

-the first thing I'm doing there is getting my apartment. Then every day will be a job search until I can find a good job. I'm excellent at interviews and if I get this new job here in Sac, I'll have an accounting position under my belt for my resume. I'm looking at this very realistically because I don't want to fall and flop.

-I doubt I'm gonna take a whole lot. Not sure if I'll need a Uhaul. The most space will be taken up by my Jordan collection.. Assuming I even still want them / don't sell them off for money to get there. I feel myself moving a away from my old materialistic ways, so who knows what'll happen. I don't own a lot of furniture really. Just my bed and frame and stuff. Might just have that shipped there or moved there by a company.

-those who live there, how is Broadway really? Clubs really poppin? Country yambs galore?.. I'll be honest I'm really looking forward to open season all up and down Broadway.

Job-wise, since you're into music look into the PROs (Performing Rights Organizations).

I know BMI is usually always hiring in their Nashville office. I think ASCAP has an office there too. Not to sure about SESAC.

Best of luck!

Last edited:
3 6 mafia
Isaac hayes
Justin Timberlake
Usher
8ball mjg
Elvis
Yo gotti
Miley cyrus
Morgan Freeman
AL green
Megan Fox
Dolly parton
Oscar Robertson
Jj Redick
Penny Hardaway
Tina Turner
Quentin Tarentino

did nobody else catch how he just tried to slip her in there like that

The only good thing to come out of Tennessee is Young Buck and Jack Daniels forreal forreal

3 6 mafia
Isaac hayes
Justin Timberlake
Usher
8ball mjg
Elvis
Yo gotti
Miley cyrus
Morgan Freeman
AL green
Megan Fox
Dolly parton
Oscar Robertson
Jj Redick
Penny Hardaway
Tina Turner
Quentin Tarentino

And...
Ric flair

ric-flair-woo-gif.gif

More people but I'm tired of typing. You get the point -__-

JOHNNY CASH

Eric Church

Job-wise, since you're into music look into the PROs (Performing Rights Organizations).

I know BMI is usually always hiring in their Nashville office. I think ASCAP has an office there too. Not to sure about SESAC.

Best of luck!
All 3 are in Nashville. Been trying to get down with SESAC for a while, but you have to be invited.

-those who live there, how is Broadway really? Clubs really poppin? Country yambs galore?.. I'll be honest I'm really looking forward to open season all up and down Broadway.
Broadway and 2nd Ave are good spots for music lovers, especially country music. But you can find all kinds of music being played in that area any night of the week.

And with Nashville being a college city (TSU, MTSU, Vanderbilt, Meharry, Belmont, Fisk) there is a variety of yambs that live in or close to the city.
The country yambs party hard. One of the best places to find them is at Vanderbilt at one of their frat parties, which alot of times are free and the beer is free.
Other places like Coyote Ugly(2nd Ave) and Wildhorse Saloon(Broadway) keep a nice saturation. There are plenty of other places in between.

Broadway and 2nd Ave are good spots for music lovers, especially country music. But you can find all kinds of music being played in that area any night of the week.

And with Nashville being a college city (TSU, MTSU, Vanderbilt, Meharry, Belmont, Fisk) there is a variety of yambs that live in or close to the city.
The country yambs party hard. One of the best places to find them is at Vanderbilt at one of their frat parties, which alot of times are free and the beer is free.
Other places like Coyote Ugly(2nd Ave) and Wildhorse Saloon(Broadway) keep a nice saturation. There are plenty of other places in between.

:pimp:

Thanks famb. I'm getting more and more excited the more I'm finding out that Nashville is actually what everyone says it is, and not some fake illusion. Makes me more motivated.

I've been to Nashville once (Franklin, Tennessee twice) for business. I visited Broadway on a Monday night and it was still cracking. Would love to explore the rest of the city one day.

Nashville is a great city.  It gets a lot of hate b/c it's Tennessee and the South, but it's actually pretty fun.

And whoever mentioned the bad drivers is spot on.  
laugh.gif
  That said, drivers all over the South just seem to be worse than back home.  

A Nashville guitarist liked a couple photos on my IG.. Went to peep his page and found this picture on there.

Famb, if the yambs are willing like this out there, let open season begin :smokin

View media item 1065730
after further research into this, this isn't a random internet picture. This is Infact his girlfriend :pimp:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom