Movie Cliches that you're just tired of.

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

When suspenseful music plays and you think someone or something is going to pop out when the person turns the corner or opens the door, but then theres nothing there or some innocent person comes by. 
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

Then if theres no one/nothing there the main character turns around and then something/someone scary is there. 
sick.gif
laugh.gif
 sometimes it's not even something/someone scary either. It'll be like someone who lives in the house with that person who opened the door. 
grin.gif
, damn movies!

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

When suspenseful music plays and you think someone or something is going to pop out when the person turns the corner or opens the door, but then theres nothing there or some innocent person comes by. 
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

Then if theres no one/nothing there the main character turns around and then something/someone scary is there. 
sick.gif
laugh.gif
 sometimes it's not even something/someone scary either. It'll be like someone who lives in the house with that person who opened the door. 
grin.gif
, damn movies!

Originally Posted by GUILLERMO GUTIEREZ

Originally Posted by Law3001

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

The depiction of college life. It's so wrong...especially fraternity and sorority life.
30t6p3b.gif

QFMFT
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Everytime I went back home dudes in the hood would always ask me "yo is college like in the movies?" "Is it just mad girls strippin everywhere drinkin everywhere"

They were so dissappointed when I told them the truth
laugh.gif

I mean...it can go down like that...but it doesn't...most of the time.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by GUILLERMO GUTIEREZ

Originally Posted by Law3001

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

The depiction of college life. It's so wrong...especially fraternity and sorority life.
30t6p3b.gif

QFMFT
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Everytime I went back home dudes in the hood would always ask me "yo is college like in the movies?" "Is it just mad girls strippin everywhere drinkin everywhere"

They were so dissappointed when I told them the truth
laugh.gif

I mean...it can go down like that...but it doesn't...most of the time.
wink.gif

MisterP0315 wrote:
30t6p3b.gif

QFT, I was never in the greek system but still, movies really get that part of life wrong, all of it basically.

The only thing worse is how they show fighting, with guns, swords or hand to hand.

With guns they never so how most people have horrible aim and lack of fire discipline, people with no training have been known to empty 10 or more rounds and miss their target, at close range. Gang bangers have horrible aim, especially with pistols that they hold with one hand and off to the side. Even if you aim properly, with two hands, a pistol has almost no range and many calibers have very little stopping power if you hit the limb of someone who will definitely be flowing with adrenaline and possibly drugs. 

With swords, the duel will be over quickly, especially if the combatants have no armor. There is no swashbuckling and blocking three guys all whilst chatting with the female lead character. Whether it is Eastern or Western sword fights, if it is a serious fight, you are looking to deliver either a killing blow or a quick, incapacitating blow followed by a killer strike.

Finally, when you fight unarmed, even a master of kung fu, karate or judo or any style of fighting like that, does not have eyes in the back of his head, he might be able to fend off and maybe even beat two competent adults but three or more and his only chance is to make some quick strikes and escape and fight them later on in smaller groupings.

MisterP0315 wrote:
30t6p3b.gif

QFT, I was never in the greek system but still, movies really get that part of life wrong, all of it basically.

The only thing worse is how they show fighting, with guns, swords or hand to hand.

With guns they never so how most people have horrible aim and lack of fire discipline, people with no training have been known to empty 10 or more rounds and miss their target, at close range. Gang bangers have horrible aim, especially with pistols that they hold with one hand and off to the side. Even if you aim properly, with two hands, a pistol has almost no range and many calibers have very little stopping power if you hit the limb of someone who will definitely be flowing with adrenaline and possibly drugs. 

With swords, the duel will be over quickly, especially if the combatants have no armor. There is no swashbuckling and blocking three guys all whilst chatting with the female lead character. Whether it is Eastern or Western sword fights, if it is a serious fight, you are looking to deliver either a killing blow or a quick, incapacitating blow followed by a killer strike.

Finally, when you fight unarmed, even a master of kung fu, karate or judo or any style of fighting like that, does not have eyes in the back of his head, he might be able to fend off and maybe even beat two competent adults but three or more and his only chance is to make some quick strikes and escape and fight them later on in smaller groupings.

When the seemingly huge horror villain can sneak up on the victim without making the slightest noise (ie. Jason, Leatherface)

A child never being killed ON screen, it's always off screen if killed at all

white man saves the day for the natives

When the seemingly huge horror villain can sneak up on the victim without making the slightest noise (ie. Jason, Leatherface)

white man saves the day for the natives

Police chiefs-always loud, angry, trying to take somebody badge and gun away even if they tried to or saved the day smh

Police chiefs-always loud, angry, trying to take somebody badge and gun away even if they tried to or saved the day smh

Bad guy giving a speech before he kills the good guy, giving the good guy time to plan escape.

Bad guy giving a speech before he kills the good guy, giving the good guy time to plan escape.

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

I take it you haven't seen Alien Vs. Predator Requiem 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

I take it you haven't seen Alien Vs. Predator Requiem 
laugh.gif

- a handgun w/ a regular clip shooting off 40 rounds before reloading of the hero picking up a brand new gun. This is the most annoying to me.
- a revolver shooting off 6 rounds and you never see them put in the new rounds.

- a handgun w/ a regular clip shooting off 40 rounds before reloading of the hero picking up a brand new gun. This is the most annoying to me.
- a revolver shooting off 6 rounds and you never see them put in the new rounds.

-white girl busting her $$+ while running away from the killer
-white people in general: when they see something wrong/weird, they're like "c'mon lets check it out"

-white girl busting her $$+ while running away from the killer
-white people in general: when they see something wrong/weird, they're like "c'mon lets check it out"

Originally Posted by nikeskywalker

Black people that got their lives together............ Tyler Perry you know what I'm talking about!!!!!! LOL!!!
Talking about I got some Architectual project going on or something???????????????? LOL!!!!

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom