Movie Cliches that you're just tired of.

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

aliens always losing
Skyline won
laugh.gif
..they wasn't for them games

I usually watch more indy films and psychological thrillers where it's a catch 22, those are my favorites.

Don't know why but interracial relationships between African Americans are always corny, like he cant save the girl,
never kiss the girl on camera, they're better as friends, never smash passionately etc. (Hankcock, In the Mix, Greta).
Meanwhile the gorgeous sista always gets her back blown out on camera  Sanaa Lathan was always the "go to girl" (Monster Ball, Nip Tuck, Something New)

That and the African American kid with the troubled past turning his life around in the suburbs is getting old too...we off that.

One cliche that never gets old is the "One Man Army" ,where dude just lays down like 80 armed men with martial arts and guns
pimp.gif

aliens always losing
Skyline won
laugh.gif

I usually watch more indy films and psychological thrillers where it's a catch 22, those are my favorites.

Don't know why but interracial relationships between African Americans are always corny, like he cant save the girl,
never kiss the girl on camera, they're better as friends, never smash passionately etc. (Hankcock, In the Mix, Greta).
Meanwhile the gorgeous sista always gets her back blown out on camera  Sanaa Lathan was always the "go to girl" (Monster Ball, Nip Tuck, Something New)

That and the African American kid with the troubled past turning his life around in the suburbs is getting old too...we off that.

One cliche that never gets old is the "One Man Army" ,where dude just lays down like 80 armed men with martial arts and guns
pimp.gif

One of the worst and most common:

When the villain/criminal puts the gun to someones head and spends the next hour talking and hesitating to make it more dramatic until the hero comes in and saves the day (which EVERYONE already knows will happen). Pull the damn trigger, why are you up here reciting War and Peace ?
laugh.gif

One of the worst and most common:

When the villain/criminal puts the gun to someones head and spends the next hour talking and hesitating to make it more dramatic until the hero comes in and saves the day (which EVERYONE already knows will happen). Pull the damn trigger, why are you up here reciting War and Peace ?
laugh.gif

I don't know how many of you watch S. Korean films but I swear with just about any of them one of three things is bound to happen (if not a combination of the two)

1. The main character is going to die...and if they side step it, someone closest to them (family/friend/lover) is BOUND to die.

2. If the main character doesn't have an apparent illness already, someone is going to contract an illness that gives them X days to live, if they survive, see #1.

3. Happy endings are about as rare as the main character surviving/healthy/not dying or dead.

With that said...I still find myself watching them. And don't even get me started on their dramas...they have some of the most depressing plots ever (Single fathers/mothers with mad children trying to date, everybody gets OD drunk, if you aren't smoking on screen you're lame, etc etc)

I don't know how many of you watch S. Korean films but I swear with just about any of them one of three things is bound to happen (if not a combination of the two)

1. The main character is going to die...and if they side step it, someone closest to them (family/friend/lover) is BOUND to die.

2. If the main character doesn't have an apparent illness already, someone is going to contract an illness that gives them X days to live, if they survive, see #1.

3. Happy endings are about as rare as the main character surviving/healthy/not dying or dead.

With that said...I still find myself watching them. And don't even get me started on their dramas...they have some of the most depressing plots ever (Single fathers/mothers with mad children trying to date, everybody gets OD drunk, if you aren't smoking on screen you're lame, etc etc)

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

I mentioned this in the thread about The Losers
atleast the last three actions movies that i've seen (The Losers, The A Team, and R.E.D), and i'm sure many more
have all had a major shootout scene set among shipping containers.... please come up with some new visuals Hollywood

A seemingly fine automobile not starting when the person is being attacked

Why even have cell phones in horror movies, the never work, ever.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

I mentioned this in the thread about The Losers
atleast the last three actions movies that i've seen (The Losers, The A Team, and R.E.D), and i'm sure many more
have all had a major shootout scene set among shipping containers.... please come up with some new visuals Hollywood

A seemingly fine automobile not starting when the person is being attacked

Why even have cell phones in horror movies, the never work, ever.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

1. Nobody ever around to help at the most inopportune times in horror movies
indifferent.gif

2. White boy/girl showing they can relate and be respected by whatever ethnic community they attempt to fit in....in (Step Up series)
3. Dude with fighting skills gettin killed but random white girl who aint bout any life but juicy couture, bottle blondness, and Aunt Jemima butt kills psycho on some random *%!% (who knew that his weakness was a fireplace poker to the abdomen)
4. Narrowly escapin every known danger
5. Passionate kisses durin climax scenes

1. Nobody ever around to help at the most inopportune times in horror movies
indifferent.gif

2. White boy/girl showing they can relate and be respected by whatever ethnic community they attempt to fit in....in (Step Up series)
3. Dude with fighting skills gettin killed but random white girl who aint bout any life but juicy couture, bottle blondness, and Aunt Jemima butt kills psycho on some random *%!% (who knew that his weakness was a fireplace poker to the abdomen)
4. Narrowly escapin every known danger
5. Passionate kisses durin climax scenes

Originally Posted by Stockholm Patriot

aliens always losing
Skyline won
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
^That.
pimp.gif

Skyline's ending was messed up. Good thing I got in for free. I really don't think I'd pay to see that movie. The black guy (Donald Faison) died in that movie as well.
laugh.gif

aliens always losing
Skyline won
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
^That.
pimp.gif

Skyline's ending was messed up. Good thing I got in for free. I really don't think I'd pay to see that movie. The black guy (Donald Faison) died in that movie as well.
laugh.gif

people not being able to get up after tripping in horror movies, so they just move themselves back slowly sitting down.

people not being able to get up after tripping in horror movies, so they just move themselves back slowly sitting down.

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

aliens always losing
Skyline won
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
^That.
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Went to the Drive In theater out of town, people threw beer bottles and other objects at the screen and rioted lol ....can't say I blamed them.
I literally sat for 5mins, making sure I didn't miss anything before I came to the conclusion that that was the worst movie EVER MADE....EVER

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

aliens always losing
Skyline won
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
^That.
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Went to the Drive In theater out of town, people threw beer bottles and other objects at the screen and rioted lol ....can't say I blamed them.
I literally sat for 5mins, making sure I didn't miss anything before I came to the conclusion that that was the worst movie EVER MADE....EVER

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

ATLfootballer wrote:

White characters saves underprivileged ethnic kids and shows them they can do anything.....

Sunset Park
Dangerous Minds
Blind Side
High School High
laugh.gif

Freedom Writers
Glory Road (I know it really happened)
Music of the Heart

just a couple off the top

freedom writers was also a true story if im not mistaken

but for me, happy endings. especially the ones involving the nerd/unpopular kid in high school getting the girl of his dream. it doesn't happen until later on in life when he's a rich douche bag.

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

ATLfootballer wrote:

White characters saves underprivileged ethnic kids and shows them they can do anything.....

Sunset Park
Dangerous Minds
Blind Side
High School High
laugh.gif

Freedom Writers
Glory Road (I know it really happened)
Music of the Heart

just a couple off the top

freedom writers was also a true story if im not mistaken

but for me, happy endings. especially the ones involving the nerd/unpopular kid in high school getting the girl of his dream. it doesn't happen until later on in life when he's a rich douche bag.

White people running towards danger not away from it.
Black man getting killed too soon.
You had me at hello
Devil and Angel on shoulders.

White people running towards danger not away from it.
Black man getting killed too soon.
You had me at hello
Devil and Angel on shoulders.

something crazy and really dramatic that would change the whole story around happens...

and then the character wakes up
mad.gif

JUST LET IT HAPPEN ONCE!

Back
Top Bottom