Most Boring Car of the Week: Lexus IS250

Cause not everyone likes wood in their interiors. Im sure its in the options list for those who would prefer it.

Thats all opinion your stating, but I think cars now are at a point where they are just so advanced, well designed inside (more than out in some cases) that they wont really look "dated" down the road. Maybe next to their future generation counterparts, but if you look at one car itself, it woudnt look "old".

Just cause technology has advanced so so much.

You have a point Picasso, but I honestly feel like the e class aged well. I feel like in 20years the Lexus will be laughable in terms of design, while the mercedes retains its classic look. The interior on the BMW looks nice, but where's the wood? Can someone please tell me why they are not putting wood in these newer cars?

It's an option. I don't think many offer the wood as standard anymore outside of companies offering the more bang for you buck luxury. And speaking of luxury, it can't and always never be a reasonable purchase. Any car will get you to point A to point B, hell a bus or train/subway can too but it depends on the person whether they want to pay extra or not. As it pertains to the article on the OP, the buyer just had no clue what he was talking about.

And I honestly feel the current IS has aged well. It still looks good to me and 5-10 years from now, will look pretty classic or as classic as you can get these days. I mean look at Mercedes these days, you can't say all of their cars will be "classic". The C-Class, M-Class and GLK already looks dated to me, same with the new SL.

did know about the 1 series sedan

i mean hmmmmmm

how much sz difference will these new compact sedans be compared to entry level sedans like 3, c, is, is what im wondering.

already knew about that a class benz, benz cla is like a sporty sedan compact also, which also looks VERY promising............i have a thing for smaller cars as it is so im lovin all this

http://www.motorauthority.com/pictu...des-benz-cla-class-leaked_gallery-1#100414040

like i said before this will be an interesting car year.

Haha I hear you rfx45. I personally would not buy any mercedes newer than year 2000. I do have a soft spot for the w221 though.

$41,000 for an IS tho?
sick.gif
what does that mean?

any new car with options cost money............

a new loaded honda accord sedan will hit for over 30k
Comparing what you can get with da money its pretty stupid.
Exactly..too many other/better choices

did know about the 1 series sedan

i mean hmmmmmm

how much sz difference will these new compact sedans be compared to entry level sedans like 3, c, is, is what im wondering.

already knew about that a class benz, benz cla is like a sporty sedan compact also, which also looks VERY promising............i have a thing for smaller cars as it is so im lovin all this

http://www.motorauthority.com/pictu...des-benz-cla-class-leaked_gallery-1#100414040

like i said before this will be an interesting car year.

It'll smaller for sure, the 1-series is tiny. A3 just felt big inside because it's a hatch but it also practically the golf with an Audi badge.

CLA will probably cost in the 40s though, if it cost around $35k, it might be a good bargain sports car, it just has to have a good engine.

To me lexus is a glorified toyota, the only models i am a fan of are the fsports and lfa but to each their own

It really isn't. See people say things like the IS is just a Lexus version of the Corolla like the TSX is the Acura version of the Civic, but it simply isn't true. The IS actually has a very smooth V6 while the TSX and Civic both have an I4 like the Corolla. The TSX is also FWD and has a 5speed auto while the IS is RWD with 6 speed auto. Even the V6 in the Camry isn't similar to the IS' V6, you really got to try and drive both to know and feel the difference. Lexus cabin is quieter, the ride is much more smoother (what Lexus has been known for) and the amenities like heavily bolstered seats and standard features will not want you to go back to a Corolla.

are we talking about new cars or used cars?

youre co-signing nh but we all seen that evoque thread.

no crap you can get a lot of things for 40k

cars depreciate. this is more on topic with new cars right now

you can find an 06 lex is for 10-12k if you look hard enough. msrp back then was........

Last edited:
$41,000 for an IS tho? :x

what does that mean?

any new car with options cost money............

a new loaded honda accord sedan will hit for over 30k

Comparing what you can get with da money its pretty stupid.
Exactly, a maxima can reach 40k but that does not mean its worth that proce tag.

To me lexus is a glorified toyota, the only models i am a fan of are the fsports and lfa but to each their own

honestly, i feel the same way about acura and honda. aside from the fact that acura is really only sold in the americas, you're not getting that much value with acura compared to honda.

acura is overpriced for wack design and AWD. plus the TL manual AWD is the most expensive model...that is not worth $40k.

you can find an 06 lex is for 10-12k if you look hard enough. msrp back then was........

:lol: 2013 man lets not go there so early...

Last edited:
no i didnt mean it like that, no shots fired

i meant more like nh will talk about what you can get used vs new.

any new car with options is overpriced.

cars depreciate. fact we all agree on.

i was with my mom when she got a loaded is250 in 2007 straight from the delievery port in NJ

40k.............how much is an 07 is worth today?

prices has been kept the same for the car with each year pretty much

inside and out much better than driving a toyota

Last edited:

It really isn't. See people say things like the IS is just a Lexus version of the Corolla like the TSX is the Acura version of the Civic, but it simply isn't true. The IS actually has a very smooth V6 while the TSX and Civic both have an I4 like the Corolla. The TSX is also FWD and has a 5speed auto while the IS is RWD with 6 speed auto. Even the V6 in the Camry isn't similar to the IS' V6, you really got to try and drive both to know and feel the difference. Lexus cabin is quieter, the ride is much more smoother (what Lexus has been known for) and the amenities like heavily bolstered seats and standard features will not want you to go back to a Corolla.

of course i totally agree but i do not think it is worth that much more. but thats just my opinion, to each their own

Im talking brand new cars.

Your money should tilt towards mechanics over "luxury features" considering

A powerful engine wont depreciate as horrible then a car thats packed wit tech thats

Gonna be obsolete.

Last edited:
:smh:

Dudes arguing bout cars they'll never own or be able to afford with more than 40k miles on them. Not you RFX45 I know you're ballin :lol:

Dudes arguing bout cars they'll never own or be able to afford with more than 40k miles on them. Not you RFX45 I know you're ballin :lol:

there is always this 1 guy in every car related thread

men cant talk about cars?

and last i checked cars under 50k are pretty attainable to most NTrs and ppl who work on here.

regardless it doesnt matter

thats like saying why do ppl go to car shows every year?

Im talking brand new cars.
Your money should tilt towards mechanics over "luxury features" considering
A powerful engine wont depreciate as horrible then a car thats packex wit tech thats
Gonna be obsolete.

Not everyone is looking for a sports car though. IMO, luxury features + reliability > mechanics and powerful engine. If you have a family, kids, etc...I would rather own a sedan ( Maxima, TL, 5 Series, etc...) and no I will never buy and american made sedan, a truck and SUV, maybe, but the reliability of an american car is suspect unless I stop seeing fords and chevy's stuck in the middle of the road.

I'm pretty sure, a good majority of NT (adults) can afford to buy a $50K + car. If dudes are spending $500 and up on a pair of Jordans, I'm pretty sure a good majority can afford those payments as well. $50k with no down will probably run you a good $750 monthly payment, if you're single, no kids, decent job - most of the entry level luxury cars will be pretty affordable if you make around $60k-$80k a year.

mean.gif

Dudes arguing bout cars they'll never own or be able to afford with more than 40k miles on them. Not you RFX45 I know you're ballin
laugh.gif
there is always this 1 guy in every car related thread

and last i checked cars under 50k are pretty attainable to most NTrs and ppl who work on here.

regardless it doesnt matter

thats like saying why do ppl go to car shows every year?
Agreed

???
i'm far from a toyota or lexus fan, but if you can't tell the difference between the two, then there's something seriously wrong. this excludes the camry vs es comparison. but people fronting like a corolla is the same as an IS? wtf...

you have to be ballin to afford a lexus?

what world u live in papi

mean.gif

Dudes arguing bout cars they'll never own or be able to afford with more than 40k miles on them. Not you RFX45 I know you're ballin
laugh.gif
Thats like saying we cant argue about athletes cause we'll never get into the NBA/NFL/MLB.

Always has to be that one guy.
eyes.gif

And TSX isnt the "luxury" version of the Civic. The TSX is the same size as the last gen TL. They created the ILX for the upgraded Civic. I agree though, Lexus > Acura even though I would personally get an Acura before I do a Lexus. Last gen TL > this gen. They dropped the ball with this curren generation

of course i totally agree but i do not think it is worth that much more. but thats just my opinion, to each their own

The last four words holds true, "to each their own". That is all where it comes down to and what you perceive as worth it in the end. Like with Ninjahood, we rarely agree but I do see where he is coming from and have no problem with it, some just prefer to get as much power out of their $$$ while other are willing to compromise to have luxury amenities in exchange of a fewer horsepower.

what do you think about the GS and what other cars were you looking at before you bought it?

I think the GS is a beast, red interior on the F-Sport = crazy!

I wanted a used M3 or a used ISF but with the warranty going out in 5,000 miles after I leave the lot, I passed up on all of them.

I kinda wanted the 330HP in the Infiniti G37s though. >D

Back
Top Bottom