Moments That Made You Realize You’re Washed

I take vitamins and brain supplements (neuriva) daily
How effective are those?

I tried one bottle of focus/memory supplements which lasted like a month and saw no real changes (I didn't know it mat take weeks to start working).

Neuriva the best one? :nerd:

yea sitting most of the day is tough, hard to offset with any fitness/training routine, a little hack i seen via the huberman lab podcast was that doing calve raises (while sitting) has some wild overall fitness benefit. if doing the supplement thing, checking out the app cronometer, an app that tracks both the macro & micro nutrients of your diet such that you can get something of a gauge of what you might need/want to supplement such that one is able be more targeted rather than taking vitamins that aren't actually necessary

stretching (passive & dynamic, i.e. stretch & holding vs. no holding stretch but bouncing in & out range of motion) is one of those things that in order to really have lasting gains it actually needs to do very consistently (huberman also did a podcast on this very topic), it does sort of have temporary improvement in individual sessions but it quickly goes away if not done for a certain length of time & not done basically daily (use it or lose it)...doing full range of motion resistance/strength training is actually more effective, as it actually builds strength by providing load throughout that range of motion vs stretching that basically just allows for a temporary improvement in range of motion
Definitely going to do the calf raises, doing them while I type this. My desk kind of looks like a mini calisthenics setup, I have a setup of bands ranging in resistance off Amazon, a kettlebell with adjustable weight, and push up bars. Going to do the calf raises with the kettlebell on my leg throughout the day. Don't usually do podcast but will have to check out Huberman.

Further proof I'm washed, where do you even go to listen to Podcast. LMAO. I remember back in the late 90's when companies were trying to get Podcast off the ground, not the same format but were called Podcast. Now they back around and I never jumped on.

Interesting looking up the history it says Podcast were first created in 04, however I definitely remember a purple application you would download that offered podcast and I was still in high school. 04 was definitely out of high school.

Nothing going on at work about to jump down the rabbit hole to try and find it.

it used be ‘podcasts’ were somewhat exclusive & formalized to apple via the itunes store as audio only but now they’re pretty ubiquitous now on many streaming platforms & even youtube…

you can check out the calf raise thing below, time stamped @ about the 4:35 mark

Last week I sprained/pulled my achilles stretching in bed. I had to wear an ankle brace for a week and a half. SMH

Last year I completely ruptured my bicep tendon (on my right arm)............moving a flat screen tv. |l
I followed that up by developing "de quervain's tenosynovitis" in my left wrist, which also needed surgery to repair. SMH

Last edited:
Can’t remember the last time I attempted something outside my wheelhouse when it comes to sexy time.

I got doggy, I’m on top (missionary), she’s on top, and laying on the side. Das it! Thinking about some of the things I would do……. I can’t believe I’m not that guy anymore.

This must be how Vince Carter must feel watching old dunk highlights.
Crying 🤣😅

How effective are those?

I tried one bottle of focus/memory supplements which lasted like a month and saw no real changes (I didn't know it mat take weeks to start working).

Neuriva the best one? :nerd:

Some of them like Neuriva are based on actual clinical trials on cognitive function. The active chemical phosphodytilserine has been shown to improve brain function.

II do feel a little more clear headed and with making quicker more accurate decisions at work.....I have no actual person data to prove this but I feel more productive.

i kinda wish i had the patience for yoga, but it was waaaaay tougher than it looked 😅…are your injuries generally different things or recurring? for me at this point, as much as i have come to acceptance of being washed, i still have moment of denial that result getting out of my square & doing something not becoming of my washedness & resulting in a reminder of said washedness

taking too much of certain things can definitely be detrimental, for vitamin d specifically there are adverse effects, not so much in the short term but over time

You can overdose on the fat soluble vitamins but I actually need vitamin D. I dont have any symptoms related to toxicity and I get my levels checked.

Last week I sprained/pulled my achilles stretching in bed. I had to wear an ankle brace for a week and a half. SMH

Last year I completely ruptured my bicep tendon (on my right arm)............moving a flat screen tv. |l
I followed that up by developing "de quervain's tenosynovitis" in my left wrist, which also needed surgery to repair. SMH

What exactly is the doctor repairing in your wrist?

DAMN you literally falling apart.

What exactly is the doctor repairing in your wrist?

87b5e4ab3710476b966d218d475ad5fd.aspx

The surgeon has to cut open the "extensor retinaculum" aka sheathing and remove parts of the inflamed tissue and sheathing.
DAMN you literally falling apart.
Bruv, It's been a struggle to get back working out and being active

fam asked what I wanted for Christmas and I told them a blender. times have indeed changed
Man no shame in that, the way them Vitamix hit. I can't even be mad at that.

We out here having significant others trying to decide on a PS5 or Vitamix, literally same price. Since it is just me using the blender I have Ninja, but when everyone was using it I considered getting a Vitamix for the house.
87b5e4ab3710476b966d218d475ad5fd.aspx

The surgeon has to cut open the "extensor retinaculum" aka sheathing and remove parts of the inflamed tissue and sheathing.
What do you do for a profession? I assume you do a lot of writing. See ya'll was laughing when I said I just take naps to prolong my eyes. Guys out here working to hard at work, need to goof off more. LMAO.

Man no shame in that, the way them Vitamix hit. I can't even be mad at that.

We out here having significant others trying to decide on a PS5 or Vitamix, literally same price. Since it is just me using the blender I have Ninja, but when everyone was using it I considered getting a Vitamix for the house.

What do you do for a profession? I assume you do a lot of writing. See ya'll was laughing when I said I just take naps to prolong my eyes. Guys out here working to hard at work, need to goof off more. LMAO.
I'm an architect. So definitely a lot of hand and wrist work. The funny thing is, the surgeon didn't believe when I told him my pain level was 15 out 10. I couldn't even drive. My man looked at me and said "this is an old lady injury...are you sure it hurts that badly?".......Then after the surgery he comes up to me and says that was one of the worst cases he's ever seen and I wasn't lying. I just gave him the stone face.

Also...that VitaMix is the TRUTH. Kids love my kale smoothies.

I'm an architect. So definitely a lot of hand and wrist work. The funny thing is, the surgeon didn't believe when I told him my pain level was 15 out 10. I couldn't even drive. My man looked at me and said "this is an old lady injury...are you sure it hurts that badly?".......Then after the surgery he comes up to me and says that was one of the worst cases he's ever seen and I wasn't lying. I just gave him the stone face.

Also...that VitaMix is the TRUTH. Kids love my kale smoothies.
Are you black homie, you like Flip (Wesley Snipes) in Jungle Fever. J/K. Happy to hear your recovering.
I asked for a uv light to bring some old classics back to life :lol: :smokin
Yo making sure no foreign liquids also?

My Pilates class has been off the last 2 weeks - instructor was sick and then last week she messaged saying she had to go to hospital. I’m a bit worried about her as I haven’t heard anything.

It’s probably going to have been at least a month off if she’s that unwell - and that is going to be painful. I try to do some stretches at home but it’s just not the same.

Back
Top Bottom