MODS PLEASE LOCK

What will be most important for a successful season?

• Derek Carr's development

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Khalil Mack's development

• Jack Del Rio's staff handling of the team

• The 2015 NFL Draft Class

• Addition of Free Agents

• Less Difficult Schedule

• Other

• Total voters
We should go after Clint Boling now that Iupati signed with AZ. If we miss out on Hardy and Knighton.  Reggie needs to be fired.

I'll repeat: it's more a problem of perception before anything else. What do you think when negotiations are happening with agents? Every other team in the league is going to use our terrible culture up to this point against us. And there's nothing to say against that other than that this year will be different. Now with JDR and his staff on board this first year it's a bit easier selling that message, but players want to earn some money AND do something significant with their career. In this moment, if we truly want someone we have to be willing to overpay to compensate for past issues.

I'll repeat: it's more a problem of perception before anything else. What do you think when negotiations are happening with agents? Every other team in the league is going to use our terrible culture up to this point against us. And there's nothing to say against that other than that this year will be different. Now with JDR and his staff on board this first year it's a bit easier selling that message, but players want to earn some money AND do something significant with their career. In this moment, if we truly want someone we have to be willing to overpay to compensate for past issues.

this. Add that to the fact no one knows where this team will be playing after the 2015 season, it's a hard sell when you got other teams offering just as much...

Owner Mark Davis on the Raiders' handling of domestic violence cases: "We just said it’s not going to be something that we tolerate here."

Kawakami

That interview was before we realized we had no shot at Suh...maybe he's changed his opinion with the options being much more limited now lol

I'm willing to give someone a second chance if they have changed. Only positive right now is we aren't getting people that only want the money.

Not stars the only person I wasn't weary about was Suh and no one really expected him. Seems like we so far should have Gresham,Hudson and Terrance.

It's still way too early
Of course it is. But hearing all these news and nothing from the team that was supposed to "pull up the brinks truck" doesn't help.
I just hope it isn't like last year where then sign a bunch of scrubs to 1 year deals

ESPN's Adam Caplan reports the Raiders are interested in free agent NT Dan Williams.

Williams would probably be a fallback option if the Raiders can't land coach Jack Del Rio favorite Terrance Knighton. Even without the Raiders, Williams is expected to have a healthy market as an above-average run-plugging nose.

Related:  Raiders

Back
Top Bottom