MINNESOTA TWINS Official 2010 Season Thread (94-67) >>> First round Sweep. What else.

^
Wrong thread?

Cool win yesterday, don't like the day-off thing in the middle of a series. What's with that?

Originally Posted by djaman

^
Wrong thread?

Cool win yesterday, don't like the day-off thing in the middle of a series. What's with that?
i think they were planning ahead just in case the weather was still bad and they needed to push back the opener...i also think they have all 3 games during the afternoon so it would be warmer.

^
Yeah I can understand that. I like the concept of weekday afternoon games a lot. I can manage skipping a class once in awhile to catch the whole game. Sorry to those at work.

Twins are looking great thus far and though people say it's early, it's also not even close as far as how much better they look than any other team in the division.

Rauch being 5/5 is exciting.

Tough loss today. The rain really played in I think.

Blame falls mostly on Crain, a little bit on Slowey.

Disappointing stat, 11 men left on base
ohwell.gif
. Can't do that an expect to win against a team like the Red Sox.

Liriano vs. Wakefield tomorrow
fbf36fb416ee89745435e76d4a9ab18127789e96.gif
.... let's take the series.

Liriano straight KILLED it today, that's the type of pitcher he can be. Against the Red Sox too! Awesome.

Can't wait to go to Target Field on Saturday. Let's keep this winning mentality rolling!

7-3. Yessir.

A few stats:
-This is the first time since 1987 that the Twins have won their first three series. And we all know what happened in '87...
-Before today, the last time we shutout the Red Sox was 5 years ago.
-Before today, Liriano hadn't had an outing where he went 7 innings w/o giving up a run since 2006.

Opening up Target Field with a series win, against the Red Sox nonetheless, should give our ballclub a whole lot of confidence when playing at home. Despite the fact that it's new and while still getting used to it, we are already building a home field advantage I believe.

Weekend series against the Kansas City Royals.

Friday
Baker vs. Greinke
Saturday
Blackburn vs. Meche
Sunday
Pavano vs. Hochevar

I say we take 2/3. Expecting Moonshot Scott to give up a couple of HRs while Greinke pitches a complete game. But we've got the advantage against Meche and Hochevar.

Lets get it.
Originally Posted by KG21

Can't wait to go to Target Field on Saturday.
I'll be there too.

Where are you sitting? I'm in the Home Plate Terrace Section 217 Row 2.

Is it just me or does the outfield at Target Field look HUGE on TV? Like the outfielders are running for days! Can't wait to see it in person tomorrow. Starting the pregame festivities at 9am tomorrow.

Awesome game to be at.

Lavelle E. Neal said Blackburn isn't healthy, so I guess it was an okay outing considering he was playing injured.

Rauch with another save
... leads the league still.

9-3. Lets go for the sweep tomorrow.

By the way, this is the first time in Twins history that they've started the year winning their first FOUR series. Great signs all over the place.

Originally Posted by taimaishu123

smh.gif
that "strike three" was not a strike at all to end the game today. way too inside.
Looks like it hit the inside corner. Go back and watch it on MLB.com.

Gameday shows the called strike 3 was BS.

but at the same time, we gotta foul those off, or swing the damn bat once at least. damn

Originally Posted by JPZx

Awesome game to be at.

Lavelle E. Neal said Blackburn isn't healthy, so I guess it was an okay outing considering he was playing injured.

Rauch with another save
... leads the league still.

9-3. Lets go for the sweep tomorrow.

*La Velle E. Neal III.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JPZx

I say we take 2/3. Expecting Moonshot Scott to give up a couple of HRs while Greinke pitches a complete game. But we've got the advantage against Meche and Hochevar.

I say 4/4.

alright luke!!! lets get it. we gotta throw some damn strikes today. its bitter sweet because i have mauer/morneau on my fantasy team. but ive been going with bengie molina over mauer the past couple days.

man I've been following the Twins really closely this year. Love the new ball park, you guys are good, once Baker and Slowey get locked in you guys could run away with the Central

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

man I've been following the Twins really closely this year. Love the new ball park, you guys are good, once Baker and Slowey get locked in you guys could run away with the Central

Hopefully we can, then we could celebrate earlier in the season and we won't start our playoff series against you guys hungover from the night before.

Back
Top Bottom