MINNESOTA TWINS Official 2010 Season Thread (94-67) >>> First round Sweep. What else.

SLAP N GIGGLE WITH THE HR!

Early 2-0
88926f919a8b85dce39466b0bd92b677d651d878.gif

Let's never look back.

The old Torii would have caught that ball out in CF hit by Cuddyer. He could have gotten a bad jump on it, but the guy has definitely lost a step. Very, very productive player still regardless.

Blackburn's pitching well despite that one misstep. Hopefully he can get through the next half-inning w/o any damage.

Playing well so far.

Great win.

I think FSN presented a stat that since 2002 Gardenhire is 9-24 against the Angels
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
. Good to see us be able to get the win today.

Home runs from Mauer, Morneau and Hardy

Rauch with his first save as a Twin. The naysayers argument for him not starting was that he didn't have the stuff that could make hitters miss....well, he struck 2/3 out today.

Pavano vs. Santana tomorrow.

Rauch looked good, and I like what I saw of the bullpen. I agree on the HR's JPZ. It's nice to see the power start early with the big dogs.

Great matchup today going off of last years finish for Pavano and Santana trying to get back to his performances of two years ago.

I think FSN presented a stat that since 2002 Gardenhire is 9-24 against the Angels
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
. Good to see us be able to get the win today.

laugh.gif
Ya it's bad but FSN is a tad off I believe.

Twins under Gardenhire on the road:

10-15 at Fenway (.400)
15-23 at A's (.394)
11-24 at Angels (.314)
16-50 vs. Yankees (.242) - total
sick.gif

Plus 3-16 in the playoffs since his opening series win against Oakland in 2002.

Interesting to see how we match up on the road on the coasts.

Today's Lineups...

TWINS (1-1)
1. Denard Span, CF

2. Orlando Hudson, 2B

3. Joe Mauer, C

4. Justin Morneau, 1B

5. Michael Cuddyer, RF

6. Jim Thome, DH

7. Delmon Young, LF

8. J.J. Hardy, SS

9. Nick Punto, 3B

Starting pitcher: RH Carl Pavano

ANGELS (1-1)

1. Erick Aybar, SS

2. Bobby Abreu, RF

3. Torii Hunter, CF

4. Hideki Matsui, DH

5. Kendry Morales, 1B

6. Juan Rivera, LF

7. Howie Kendrick, 2B

8. Mike Napoli, C

9. Brandon Wood, 3B

Starting pitcher: RH Ervin Santana

Interesting, Thome in for Kubel. Maybe it has something to do with Kubel being 0-5 right now? I'm sure he's fine, but he shouldn't be on this short of a leash after almost 30 HR and .300 BA last year if it does have something to do with lack of production so far.

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

Big Jim in tonight's line up batting 6th

They couldn't find a way to keep Kuebel's bat in he line up???

nerd.gif
The way our outfield is set-up, not really no. Cuddyer (30 HR last year), Span (leadoff guy), Delmon (finally getting his chance to be a every day guy). Thome and Kubel will be switching off the role of DH. Not to mention Kubel is a sub-par outfielder.

Thome has 2 K's though
ohwell.gif

Another great start. Yet another home run from Hardy, on a consecutive days at that. It's such a weird thing as a Twins fan to get power productivity out of a SS. It doesn't hurt that he's got a solid glove as well.

Morneau also has a HR

This looks like it's going to be a good year fellas. Just have to keep all the key players healthy and hope that the bullpen issues will be sorted out. Guerrier and Rauch last night gave me some confidence that it might just be fine.

4-0, let's not take our foot off the pedal.

I have this feeling that Rauch is going to put up huge saves numbers. So huge, in fact, he comes close to Nathan's career year (47 svs). I know it's early, but only injuries can stop him at this point, because I think the opportunity for this Twins team to win is going to benefit Rauch falling into that closer's role.

Lookin good so far. Hoping to get to the game on April 21st, can't wait to see Target Field!

I like what Rauch has done, gave up a run tonight but he didn't screw anything up. Threw strikes and located and Anaheim executed on a couple good pitches. No way anything can be acutely judged after one series, but if we win 3 out of 4 on the road against Anaheim (a team we really struggle with) that's indicative of something. I like what I see in the dugout, it seems like Hardy, Mauer, Morneau and everyone else have some rapport and are truly starting to look like team leaders. Can't expect 7 very strong innings from Pavano each time out, but for a 3 starter he's exactly what the Twins need. Curious to see how tomorrow goes.

The Minnesota Twins always have great rapport.

I can't wait til' these guys come to Seattle. I got my tix for the first row in right field. Morneau or Mauer are bound to hit one to me. If not, I look forward to catching that Ichiro or Griff homer and throwing back onto the field. Not sure if that's ever happened at Safeco.

Another great start. Yet another home run from Hardy, on a consecutive days at that. It's such a weird thing as a Twins fan to get power productivity out of a SS. It doesn't hurt that he's got a solid glove as well.
Let me put it to you this way
laugh.gif

Hardy already has 2 bombs. The Twins in 2009 got 6 HRs from the SS position. In 2008 they got 2 HRs from the SS position. In 2007 they got 5. In 2006 they got 3.

This is uncharted territory here
laugh.gif

Great win again guys
pimp.gif

Taking 3 out of 4 in Anaheim

Amazing though, 9 HRs in 4 games.
eek.gif
laugh.gif
....remember when we were that little team that putzed around and won games with small ball? Well, we still are that team but now with a little power mixed in. Love it.

Harris, Thome and Young all hit HRs today...

Slowey looked shaky at times, but in the end he kept the damage to a minimum. I'll call it a good outing. Crain and Mijares were dealing today.

Something I found funny...the telecast said in the 8th inning "the Twins are putting Delmon Young in for defensive purposes"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
ialto.
Also, Span is 1-16 so far. Something to be concerned about?

3-1
glasses.gif

Up next, them damn Southsiders.

delmon adding one too
pimp.gif
(nice edit jpz
tongue.gif
)

let's see what this burnett fellow is made of.

i wouldn't be concerned about Span...he'll be alright.

props to y'all for taking 3 out of 4 from us in our home field. i think you guys are gonna be a problem this year.

Back
Top Bottom