MINNESOTA TWINS Official 2010 Season Thread (94-67) >>> First round Sweep. What else.

eek.gif
@ 9 homers, good to see Hardy producing.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Taking 3 out of 4 in Anaheim
88926f919a8b85dce39466b0bd92b677d651d878.gif

Amazing though, 9 HRs in 4 games.
eek.gif
laugh.gif
....remember when we were that little team that putzed around and won games with small ball? Well, we still are that team but now with a little power mixed in. Love it.

Harris, Thome and Young all hit HRs today...

Slowey looked shaky at times, but in the end he kept the damage to a minimum. I'll call it a good outing. Crain and Mijares were dealing today.

Something I found funny...the telecast said in the 8th inning "the Twins are putting Delmon Young in for defensive purposes"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
ialto.
Also, Span is 1-16 so far. Something to be concerned about?

3-1
glasses.gif

Up next, them damn Southsiders.
I don't think we have to worry about Span. He'll be fine, he's one of the best hitters in the game, he'll end up .300 plus. And I also loved the "ialto", I see you listen to KFAN. Good man.

Span used up all his hits in spring training
laugh.gif
tongue.gif
  That dude batted like .700 down in FL then came up here for the exhibition and jacked a triple then a HR in his first two ABs in the new stadium
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

First series win against Angels since 2002
pimp.gif

Now on to the White Sox
pimp.gif

Span will be fine. He's making good contact sometimes. Must be something really small. For every 1-16 series there's a 9-16 series from Span. Just imagine when him and Hudson get going; we'll score a glut of runs. This team, quite to the contrary in years past, can be scary.

Liriano's pitching well.

Drew Butera does not belong on this level. So over-matched. I realize that he can call a good game, but I don't like how we're sacrificing one for the other.

Weird game so far.

Teams will force Liriano to throw the ball over the plate, he'll have to adjust to that. But on the positive side, much more liveliness with the baseball. Just hope he holds up health wise.

yea, a little shakiness from Franky, i absolutely hate pitchers that walk batters...especially 0 out walks! hopefully he can settle in.

Baker up today
pimp.gif
Let's Go!!!

Win streak extended to 5

I'm really hoping that Kubel's clutch HR will get him back on track. He certainly came through in a situation where we needed something to happen.

Baker was great today. Other than that double by Teahen, he pitched a near flawless game. Crain and Rauch with solid relief efforts as well.

This club is looking really solid. Y'all think we're hitting really well right? Well, were only hitting .238 as a team...I'm scared to look up our BA with RISP. No complaints with the results though. It's scary to think that, according to stats, we are not hitting well, but we sit with a 5-1 record. Puts into perspective how good this team is.

Blackburn vs. Buehrle tomorrow. A classic tale of two pitchers that don't have overpowering stuff but get the job done.

Let's get that
Broom%2420Sweeping%2420-%2420Clean%2420Sweep.gif

The offensive power really overshadows the otherwise meager showing. We're typically a team hitting for average and getting runners home from 2nd and 3rd. We've stranded loaded bases with no outs twice this series. That needs to change. Really though, that's all I can malign; pitching and defense have been stout. Trips to Anaheim and Chicago have been brutal to us before but this team doesn't seem to care about that.

The offensive power really overshadows the otherwise meager showing. We're typically a team hitting for average and getting runners home from 2nd and 3rd. We've stranded loaded bases with no outs twice this series. That needs to change. Really though, that's all I can malign; pitching and defense have been stout. Trips to Anaheim and Chicago have been brutal to us before but this team doesn't seem to care about that.

Nothing would be better than sweeping your first divisional series of the year on the road. Especially because its Chicago.

The thing that's crazy bout our team is I feel like 1-5 we have a SOLID chance of winning, every night. Unlike when we had Livan or Boof or Ramon Ortiz, etc. It's exciting. I feel like we have 3 potential #1's in Baker, Slowey, Liriano. Things are looking gooood.

justin with a first inning hit
pimp.gif

and
laugh.gif
@ the dude in the stands...front row in the yellow M&M jacket...he's been there all 3 games with that coat
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JPZx

What the %#++ was that????

%#++ you Scotty Ullger.
laugh.gif
i know right...shortstop was getting the ball before hardy had even rounded third base!!!

hey pitcher was throwing in the 80's cannot believe i saw the game earlier on espn so rooting on the braves.

Originally Posted by Tito516

hey pitcher was throwing in the 80's cannot believe i saw the game earlier on espn so rooting on the braves.
Come again?

Back
Top Bottom