Mike Greenberg should be fired today for this @%%%

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

Dudes screamin reach but let me look yall moms in the face and say "You are the !%#+#, best woman I know" dudes gon wanna scrap. Homeboy was thinkin about him bein a #+@+ so he said that instead of what he was supposed to say.

If I'm talkin to somebody while I'm writing somethin and I say "end" to them, I'll write that on the paper instead of the intendin word I meant to write which would be "start". It's the same thing so don't try to take up for him

Let me come punch u in the face and say "Oops, I meant to shake ur hand"
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

Anyway, when I first watched it, I was like
181x1j.gif

Like, did he really just say that?

But I'm gonna have to agree that he most likely got his words mixed up.

At the same time, I'll say that Greenie's margin for error going forward is mighty small.....

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

If you don't think a formal apology is in order simply out of respect then I don't know what to say.
He apologized yesterday.

I just came home from the Knicks game and found out about the mess that was created by my garbling a sentence on our show this morning; I apologize for not addressing it sooner.
And I'm sorry that my talking too fast - and slurring my words - might have given people who don't know our show the wrong impression about us, and about me.

I feel horrible about that, because nothing could be further away from who I am and what our show is about.

I would never say anything like that, not in public, or in private, or in the silence of my own mind, and neither would anyone associated with our show, and I'm very sorry that my stumble this morning gave so many people the opposite impression.

I'm actually surprised ESPN finally let him say anything on air other than "Mike & Mike in the Morning" and "Subway fresh take hotline."

Guess they learned their lesson.

I was wondering if he even realized it, good to see he addressed it, is it all cool?

I just came home from the Knicks game and found out about the mess that was created by my garbling a sentence on our show this morning; I apologize for not addressing it sooner.
And I'm sorry that my talking too fast - and slurring my words - might have given people who don't know our show the wrong impression about us, and about me.

I feel horrible about that, because nothing could be further away from who I am and what our show is about.

I would never say anything like that, not in public, or in private, or in the silence of my own mind, and neither would anyone associated with our show, and I'm very sorry that my stumble this morning gave so many people the opposite impression.

pimp.gif

Im good with that

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

DatRealBalla12 wrote:

Just saw this on worldstar, theres no way he shouldnt be fired..i'd have pretty much no respect for ESPN if

they fail to do something about this
roll.gif
please ... pull your skirt down ... not only is mike greenberg the frailest, punkiest dude in all of television, the guy would be afraid of his dark shadow if he was racist or whatever yall think he is because of this ... he made a mistake ... move on and stop crying ...

and just for the record, martin luther king behind closed doors wasnt the saint most people think he was ... read up on your histroy ...

Biggest clown on this board.
smh.gif
Just give it up man.

The bad thing about NT is that I can tell what race you guys are by the way you post in this thread
smh.gif
its a shame really. Its funny I've had this happento me a million times, talking and then accidently I blurt out what I was thinking in your head

Originally Posted by KingFoamNYC

The bad thing about NT is that I can tell what race you guys are by the way you post in this thread
smh.gif
its a shame really. Its funny I've had this happen to me a million times, talking and then accidently I blurt out what I was thinking in your head

You continue to make yourself look foolish on this board...

smh.gif
its a shame really. Its funny I've had this happen to me a million times, talking and then accidently I blurt out what I was thinking in your head

WHY are u always quoting me? get off my $%#% it couldn't be anyone else it just had to be you right? Your such a creep

Originally Posted by JD617

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

If you don't think a formal apology is in order simply out of respect then I don't know what to say.
He apologized yesterday.
And I expected him to, but as usual when something like this comes up on NT, a lot of people let us know how they really feel.

smh.gif
What are you doing in my head?

It's too bad we live in a society that is so race and biggot conscious, that even on human error we chastize and demand unfair repercussions, no matter howslight the mishap was.
smh.gif

This is not a Don Imus situation here with an old white guy deliberately insulting a few black female college basketball players. I understand MLK is a hero toalot of minorities, not just blacks, but I seriously doubt Mike Greenberg intentionally said this to stir up controversy...and that's regardless of hisskin color.

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

It's too bad we live in a society that is so race and biggot conscious, racist and bigoted that even on human error we chastize and demand unfair repercussions, no matter how slight the mishap was.
smh.gif

This is not a Don Imus situation here with an old white guy deliberately insulting a few black female college basketball players. I understand MLK is a hero to alot of minorities, not just blacks, but I seriously doubt Mike Greenberg intentionally said this to stir up controversy...and that's regardless of his skin color.
Fixed.

Apology was decent enough though...

smh.gif

WHY are u always quoting me? get off my $%#% it couldn't be anyone else it just had to be you right? Your such a creep
But why are you so judgmental? Are you a racist and stereotyping words typed to your decided pre-determined race?
nerd.gif

OR is it that because someone has an opinion, which COULD ACTUALLY BE REASONABLE AND FAIR TO ALL PARTIES, but since it goes against some perceivedstereotypical "victim" and that YOU disagree, that that means you can somehow figure out what race that person is?

Originally Posted by QueenCitySneakerQueen

He slipped up
Exactly, but people WANT to have more to it. The fact is, it is what it is. Same thing with conspiracy theorists. Maybe those upset shouldtransfer that energy into actual results. If you're really that mad, write ESPN.

laugh.gif
the funny part is Greenberg is ANNOYING politically correct with everything he says... i can't even stand to listen to him because he's so muchthat way.

Originally Posted by nnarum

Originally Posted by QueenCitySneakerQueen

He slipped up
Exactly, but people WANT to have more to it. The fact is, it is what it is. Same thing with conspiracy theorists. Maybe those upset should transfer that energy into actual results. If you're really that mad, write ESPN.
I'm pretty sure no one WANTED Greenberg to refer to Dr. King as a racial slur. It's not like he said "Kuther" or"Jing" or "Munior" or anything other than a racial slur... But "the fact is, it is what itis."

Back
Top Bottom