Mike Greenberg should be fired today for this @%%%

smh.gif

quickest way to get your point across is to hit em where it hurts, the wallet.
If you wanna take a stand, dont purchase any products from companies who buy ad time on his show.

and who is anyone to speak on his intentions tho? I dont know Mike. do yall? He could be the nicest guy on earth, he could also be the biggest biggot on earth,who's to say ...

I was a big Mike and Mike fan too.

im kinda numb stuff like this anyway, I sorta expect the worst from these on air personality guys because so much of what you hear from them on the radio isntreally their true self

I dunno I hope Greenie isnt that guy

After listenng to him for many years, and listening to this incident I'm pretty confident that the intent was not there. Of course there is a chanceI'm wrong but based off what I have I'm pretty sure this was a mistake while speaking, getting tangled up with words. It is an unfortunate mistakethough that's for sure. We will see what happens but I'm sure an apology and explanation would be it. Some of these other examples given are differentdue to (again) intent.

Firing him is a little excessive, but they gotta at least suspend him and show they're at least aware of the situation... Fire him and he'll haveanother drive-time job at a premium radio station in a matter of weeks, so who's it really hurting?

Suspend him without pay for a period of time, have him issue a statement and move on...

I would be disappointed if Greenberg was "that guy" as well I really like him on the radio and his radio personality

I really am baffled as to why people don't understand that he just accidentally said the o sound one syllable too soon. Like, it wasn't like heaccidentally said a sound that wasn't even in the name, he just said the oo sound in junior early on accident. This type of slip up happens all the time.People need to relax.

"King junior" vs "Koon Jingior" he just crossed his syllables. That's all.

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

I really am baffled as to why people don't understand that he just accidentally said the o sound one syllable too soon. Like, it wasn't like he accidentally said a sound that wasn't even in the name, he just said the oo sound in junior early on accident. This type of slip up happens all the time. People need to relax.

"King junior" vs "Koon Jingior" he just crossed his syllables. That's all.

An "accident" is not always "no big deal" just because it wasn't intentional. If I ram someone with my car "accidentally", Ican't just yell out "sorry I didn't mean to!!" and just drive along. Some accidents and slip-ups are so unfortunate and potentially hurtfulthat there are consequences to deal with. This is one of those accidents.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Originally Posted by DatRealBalla12

Just saw this on worldstar, theres no way he shouldnt be fired..i'd have pretty much no respect for ESPN if
they fail to do something about this
roll.gif
please ... pull yourskirt down ... not only is mike greenberg the frailest, punkiest dude in all of television, the guy would be afraid of his dark shadow if he was racist orwhatever yall think he is because of this ... he made a mistake ... move on and stop crying ...

and just for the record, martin luther king behind closed doors wasnt the saint most people think he was ... read up on your histroy ...

Racist thread,this should be locked up before it gets more ugly. mike was wrong for that by the way and should get slapped,not fired.

He was talking fast and the King and Junior got mixed up. Please get angry at ##@* that matters.

Originally Posted by AgentPD21

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Originally Posted by DatRealBalla12

Just saw this on worldstar, theres no way he shouldnt be fired..i'd have pretty much no respect for ESPN if
they fail to do something about this
Hes been on the air with ESPN for over 10 years now... ESPN and Greenberg will likely release a statement apologizing for the mistake but he should NOT be terminated for this mistake. As far as I know, he has absolutely no blemishes on his record in terms of saying inappropriate things on air.

We're talking about Mike Greenberg here, not Rush Limbaugh...
But we talking about the word !#%# towards Martin Luther King. He is the one who took African Americans out of slavery He help make everyone treated equally yet Mike calling him a !#%#? He is a racist guy who can call MLK a !#%# and doesn't get fired? No, they can find another Mike but I'm not fond of the !#%# word because it's offensive term to the African American community.
smh.gif

"He is the one who took African Americans out of slavery."

Martin_Luther_King_Jr_and_Lyndon_Johnson.jpg

Originally Posted by CheGTR

easy slip...

The Luther to King....wat if he said Kuther or "Martin Kuther Loon Day"... then we'd all be chuckling at the slip

the "oo" sound from luther is to blame. Im sure its happened often. (maybe more often in the South, or Fox news, but uh yeah)
This

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Greeny definitely let the junior and king mix up happen..... i have heard people say it before.
no big deal.

People are getting mad about that comment???

laugh.gif

If you find what he said to be a fire-able comment or somehow offensive you need to go play in the middle of the street.

I don't think he should necessarily be fired...But don't get it twisted, he wanted to do that.

either that or he had a peter griffin moment in his mind.
laugh.gif

thats what greenberg gets for trying to be one of those smooth, fast-talking radio voices
laugh.gif
slow down, chump.

Back
Top Bottom