Mike Greenberg should be fired today for this @%%%

laugh.gif
He probably tried saying King and Junior together and then messed up.

Some of you dudes are REALLY reaching if that's what you think Greenberg intended to say. It was a slip and it sounded bad, but I'd almost guaranteethat he didn't intend that at all. In his position, do you think he'd want to get fired/reprimanded for saying such nonsense on air? C'mon now....

No one said he intended to say it, but he DID say it regardless.....

The double standard in the media is RIDICULOUS.

If anyone African American EVER slips up like this live on air, watch the backlash.

Originally Posted by cmoneymontana

If anyone African American EVER slips up like this live on air, watch the backlash.
There is no double standard here.

How old are you?

It happened a couple hours ago, how do you know nothing is going to happen? Chill.

easy slip...

The Luther to King....wat if he said Kuther or "Martin Kuther Loon Day"... then we'd all be chuckling at the slip

the "oo" sound from luther is to blame. Im sure its happened often. (maybe more often in the South, or Fox news, but uh yeah)

alien.gif

I see people just DON't get it....

I NEVER said ANYTHING had to happen today.

If you don't think there is a double standard, you are living in NT land, but whatever.

I have spoke my piece, I am done.

Please elaborate....you're making a blanket-statement. If you say something insensitive with intent or ignorance, you'll get backlashREGARDLESS of race....

I don't expect an apology from Greenberg, and he shouldn't have to give one....

But you're making a statement about a double standard that hasn't occurred yet, and that it's a problem.

If you say that nothing had to happen today, then why are you making a big deal about this DOUBLE STANDARD (see I can type in caps too), that hasn'thappened yet.

Blanket statements and typing in caps don't give credibility to your argument.

I see what you did there
nerd.gif

Spoiler [+]
whip.gif

Seriously, lighten up people (no Michael Jackson). THERE WAS NOTHING PUNISHABLE IN THAT VIDEO.

If you don't think there is a double standard, you are living in NT land, but whatever.

I have spoke my piece peace, I am done.
Fixed. You probably didn't mean to screw it up, but you did.

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

I see what you did there
nerd.gif

Spoiler [+]
whip.gif

Seriously, lighten up people (no Michael Jackson). THERE WAS NOTHING PUNISHABLE IN THAT VIDEO.

roll.gif

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

I have spoke my piece peace, I am done.
Fixed. You probably didn't mean to screw it up, but you did.
Actually...
grin.gif

Firing him might be a bit harsh, but this is a catastrophic slip-up on his part. People are both over-dramatizing and under-selling the magnitude of thismistake. He needs to send out a heartfelt apology on-air and explain that it was a huge mistake that he never intended.

He should apologize and so should espn. Greenie shouldn't lose his job though.

That's a big @ss freudian slip though. On MLK day at that. Just terrible.
smh.gif

A few years ago Danyelle Sargent, a black female sportscaster/reporter, slipped up on ESPNews. Something was wrong with the teleprompter and she stumbled alittle bit. I guess she thought they had went off the air afterwards or something but they didn't. Shorty said "what the @*$$ was that" and theycaught it on air.

She was canned after that. I remember seeing her on FoxSports way back so she grabbed another gig. But don't hit me with that it's not a big deal,there's no double standard %%!!##%% either.

Back
Top Bottom