Microsoft Taking Heat For Avoid The Ghetto App.

laugh.gif

Use the app to cop whatever you need...cause you know those spots got the good.

All M$ is going to do is change the name and we'll all go back all go back to talking about B and Jay's baby.....

damn.. if only they had this app for Android or iOS. I was just talkin bout this with my buddy the other day.

The wife and I were in SF for a few days over the holidays for a quick vacation. I am not familiar with the city at all (and she is not that familiar). We were walking around the city, and her stupid iPhone told us to walk down Turk St. to get back to our hotel. Apparently Turk St. runs right through the heart of the Tenderloin (bad area). Next thing I know, we are walking amongst bums and crackheads, not another tourist or regular face to be seen. We cursed our phones for not having a function that outlined where the bad parts of town were. I guess I just needed a Windows phone. not my Android phone or the wife's iPhone

Originally Posted by Vendetta

Microsoft is always practical with the names. "Internet Explorer" over "Safari". I'm sorry I didn't know I needed an elephant gun and pantaloons to search the web.

laugh.gif

If that isnt the name then I dont see what the problem is. When traveling to unfamiliar areas that is the first thing people want to know; read hotel reviews on priceline, hotwire, and tripadvisor. If there is an Android version, I will make use of it. The word ghetto of course brings out the P.C and race crybabies though.

I would use the app. It seams pretty useful actually... barring the stupid "ghetto" moniker.

Thats a good app though. Makes potential targets aware of were they are at and alerts them. Could reduce robberies, assaults and such

I've heard this joke time and time again from females who get lost driving. "I wish they have an avoid riding through the hood app."

Never though it would come in to fruition. Perhaps if they named it/marketed it better..

Avoid Ghetto? That's a little harsh.

SafeWay? Granted it's a grocery store this wouldn't offend people (as much)

sounds like a 20 year old white chick named the app... "omg, like, avoid the ghetto!!!"
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

damn.. if only they had this app for Android or iOS. I was just talkin bout this with my buddy the other day.

The wife and I were in SF for a few days over the holidays for a quick vacation. I am not familiar with the city at all (and she is not that familiar). We were walking around the city, and her stupid iPhone told us to walk down Turk St. to get back to our hotel. Apparently Turk St. runs right through the heart of the Tenderloin (bad area). Next thing I know, we are walking amongst bums and crackheads, not another tourist or regular face to be seen. We cursed our phones for not having a function that outlined where the bad parts of town were. I guess I just needed a Windows phone. not my Android phone or the wife's iPhone
You must've not watched Dave Chappelle's stand-up special he did in SF.
He clearly stated there's nothing tender about Tenderloin 
laugh.gif

How is this app a bad thing? Just because a bad neighborhood has black people, it's racist to avoid it? Clowns
laugh.gif
@#$% the hood, why would I risk getting my car broken into by accidentally parking in an unsafe area?

I guess I'll never know how to get to da heightz with this app.
Truly a curse and a blessing...actually just blessing.

Originally Posted by DT43

sounds like a 20 year old white chick named the app... "omg, like, avoid the ghetto!!!"
eyes.gif

Thats not the name of the app you dimwit.Do you honestly think ms would use that name for an app?Lol, the article is taken from "TheRoot.com":shockface

They just need a name change. Have it involve something like " High Crime Area" or something along those lines. But I know they wouldnt have an app called ex. " entering Jew Central" or " Avoid Deliverance", so why would they even approve an avoid the ghetto app. And I know ghettos arent exclusively black, but alot of times they are

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

This kid I went to high school with posted on Facebook about how great it was that they made this app.

He's also the most raging, outspoken conservative I've ever known.

I wonder if the two are related ...

Typical........

Why don't we have an app for young black ethic males who are accosted by the police in New York City every day (and other areas across the country) that allows them to map blocks where police pull over or stop people most frequently? 

is something like this in the works? 
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom