Miami Fans have Ruined Basketball for Me

Watching these games with my buddy from the original post... Freaking priceless.
2ms32j8.jpg

Originally Posted by djuzi05

Watching these games with my buddy from the original post... Freaking priceless.
2ms32j8.jpg

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

--Good one good one.
--The only thing I got riding on Miami winning though is my NT SN.

Originally Posted by djuzi05

2ms32j8.jpg

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

--Good one good one.
--The only thing I got riding on Miami winning though is my NT SN.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Originally Posted by ncjamn

boston fans in general get under my skin,   they take their sports wayyyyyyyyyyy to seriously.  i got into it with some drunk patriots fan the night the jets beat them in the playoffs because he was trying to start something with a friend of mine.  dude was literally starting fights with anyone wearing green because he was mad his team lost

I love that people hate us so much. Even though I thinks its stupid for dude to take it this serious.

if this was an isolated incident, i''d look at it like that, but from knowing a bunch of boston fans and going to games when boston teams play, it's something about their fanbase that just is annoying.  now im pretty sure if i talked sports and drank a beer with alot of these dudes, their probably cool people though
laugh.gif

if i was a heat fan, i'm pretty sure the july 8th and on "heat fans" would get under my skin somewhat as well though,    same way dudes who had their laker flags on their cars the past 2-3 years now wanna jump ship and like other teams do, which i've seen often in so cal.

But a good amount of lakers/cavs fans are doing the same thing. Lets take on here for example all season there may have been 4-5 legit dallas fans and god knows how many lakers and cavs this year/last year. Then one team has an abysmal season, and the other goes from champs to being literally embarrassed in a sweep. Then ppl which kills me talked all this mess about the mavs, how soft they were, how lucky they are the never faced the lakers in the playoffs, how kobe gasol etc was just going to cruise through and crush these dudes. Then not only does that not happen, but arguably one of the best closers/finishers in the game just outright stinks it up, and the other dude just straight up sucked and played soft. Then not even 3 weeks later, the same team ppl was hating on and said was garbage, thaat basically made their team look garbage. They all of a sudden acting like lifelong fans and wishing they win it all.

Like who does that. If im in a fight and a dude whoops me somthing serious, im not gonna be buddy buddy with dude and ride with him and hope he destroys the next man. It is literally so disloyal, and two-faced that if i was a true mavs fan, i wouldnt even want a lakers/cavs fan to root for my team. 
ohwell.gif
 At being a fan of a team based on hate of a player of another team.

boston fans in general get under my skin,   they take their sports wayyyyyyyyyyy to seriously.  i got into it with some drunk patriots fan the night the jets beat them in the playoffs because he was trying to start something with a friend of mine.  dude was literally starting fights with anyone wearing green because he was mad his team lost

I love that people hate us so much. Even though I thinks its stupid for dude to take it this serious.

if this was an isolated incident, i''d look at it like that, but from knowing a bunch of boston fans and going to games when boston teams play, it's something about their fanbase that just is annoying.  now im pretty sure if i talked sports and drank a beer with alot of these dudes, their probably cool people though
laugh.gif

if i was a heat fan, i'm pretty sure the july 8th and on "heat fans" would get under my skin somewhat as well though,    same way dudes who had their laker flags on their cars the past 2-3 years now wanna jump ship and like other teams do, which i've seen often in so cal.

But a good amount of lakers/cavs fans are doing the same thing. Lets take on here for example all season there may have been 4-5 legit dallas fans and god knows how many lakers and cavs this year/last year. Then one team has an abysmal season, and the other goes from champs to being literally embarrassed in a sweep. Then ppl which kills me talked all this mess about the mavs, how soft they were, how lucky they are the never faced the lakers in the playoffs, how kobe gasol etc was just going to cruise through and crush these dudes. Then not only does that not happen, but arguably one of the best closers/finishers in the game just outright stinks it up, and the other dude just straight up sucked and played soft. Then not even 3 weeks later, the same team ppl was hating on and said was garbage, thaat basically made their team look garbage. They all of a sudden acting like lifelong fans and wishing they win it all.

Like who does that. If im in a fight and a dude whoops me somthing serious, im not gonna be buddy buddy with dude and ride with him and hope he destroys the next man. It is literally so disloyal, and two-faced that if i was a true mavs fan, i wouldnt even want a lakers/cavs fan to root for my team. 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by LDJ

laugh.gif

ohwell.gif

honestly, what was dallas supposed to do? bow down to the mighty lakers and kiss their rings out of fear and bend over and lose.   dallas came out and whooped them and stomped their hearts out, and from a competetive standpoint i could respect that.  had the lakers made it to the finals and miami did something similar i'd respect that too.  aside from that i've always liked dirk, and this possibly could be his last legit shot to win a title, even if they were playing chicago in the finals instead i'd be pulling for dallas off that.

to me the bottom line is if dirk nowitzki and the mavs can win the title this year and have beaten kobes lakers and dethroned the back to back champs in the process, and a team that has 2 of the best 5 players in the league in lebron and wade and an arguable top 10 player in chris bosh, it's an impressive accomplishment and i'll tip my hat to them.

if miami can come back down 3-2  i'll give them credit as well.

Originally Posted by LDJ

laugh.gif

ohwell.gif

honestly, what was dallas supposed to do? bow down to the mighty lakers and kiss their rings out of fear and bend over and lose.   dallas came out and whooped them and stomped their hearts out, and from a competetive standpoint i could respect that.  had the lakers made it to the finals and miami did something similar i'd respect that too.  aside from that i've always liked dirk, and this possibly could be his last legit shot to win a title, even if they were playing chicago in the finals instead i'd be pulling for dallas off that.

to me the bottom line is if dirk nowitzki and the mavs can win the title this year and have beaten kobes lakers and dethroned the back to back champs in the process, and a team that has 2 of the best 5 players in the league in lebron and wade and an arguable top 10 player in chris bosh, it's an impressive accomplishment and i'll tip my hat to them.

Originally Posted by LDJ

laugh.gif

ohwell.gif

Now that i can respect. Like if i were to lose to someone esp, given if i talked mad trash about them, id give them they props say they were the better team and keep it moving. No way would i make excuses, not saying you did but alot of the flakers (fake laker fans) talked all this mess, and not only didnt back it up but got humiliated in the process then, a week or so later try to be all cool and act like lifelong fans buddies with the team i bashed. I can see if your like a betting man and putting your stock into a team based on your perception of who is the better team, but to toss the lakers jersey in the hamper, and rush out and get a mavs is iuno phony and fraud to me.

That and the whole lbj/kobe better clutch argument. I understand they won championships, and i applaud particularly kobe for his run. But my thing is how is what lebron doing this finals, any different then what kobe did in the lakers swept series, and last year finals. Lets not act like kobe didnt pull a disappearing act in both of those series. So why isnt he called a choker? Lack of clutch?

I understand time and time again he has been, but if we just talking about what you once did, then couldnt the same argument be said for lbj seeing he was clutch in the chicago series that wasnt even a month ago. How one player gets a pass for something based on what he did months hell years ago, and the other gets ridicule and he proved it like 2 weeks ago.

No im not trying to compare players, i hate those well in this case because they are 2 different players. But if ppl can overlook kobe lackluster playoff run/finals run because of clutch final performances from years ago, and clutch performances in meaningless season games. Why cant ppl do the same for lebron when his clutch performances arent even a month old?

Originally Posted by LDJ

laugh.gif

ohwell.gif

Now that i can respect. Like if i were to lose to someone esp, given if i talked mad trash about them, id give them they props say they were the better team and keep it moving. No way would i make excuses, not saying you did but alot of the flakers (fake laker fans) talked all this mess, and not only didnt back it up but got humiliated in the process then, a week or so later try to be all cool and act like lifelong fans buddies with the team i bashed. I can see if your like a betting man and putting your stock into a team based on your perception of who is the better team, but to toss the lakers jersey in the hamper, and rush out and get a mavs is iuno phony and fraud to me.

That and the whole lbj/kobe better clutch argument. I understand they won championships, and i applaud particularly kobe for his run. But my thing is how is what lebron doing this finals, any different then what kobe did in the lakers swept series, and last year finals. Lets not act like kobe didnt pull a disappearing act in both of those series. So why isnt he called a choker? Lack of clutch?

I understand time and time again he has been, but if we just talking about what you once did, then couldnt the same argument be said for lbj seeing he was clutch in the chicago series that wasnt even a month ago. How one player gets a pass for something based on what he did months hell years ago, and the other gets ridicule and he proved it like 2 weeks ago.

No im not trying to compare players, i hate those well in this case because they are 2 different players. But if ppl can overlook kobe lackluster playoff run/finals run because of clutch final performances from years ago, and clutch performances in meaningless season games. Why cant ppl do the same for lebron when his clutch performances arent even a month old?

Originally Posted by THE GR8

likethematrix wrote:
my thing is magic, big game james and mr. skyhook were all on the same team.
que es el dealio?
Kareem got traded to LA after already winning rings in Milwaukee because he wanted to play in a bigger market (understandable and seen throughout sports history), and being from Brooklyn and playing collegiality at UCLA it is understandable for him to want to leave Milwaukee after being there awhile to play for a NY or an LA team...

its not like he was running away after failing to win where he was drafted (a la Lebron) or going to play somewhere solely because they have other talent that could help take pressure off his hands (a la Lebron) considering that they didnt get Magic or Worthy until 5+ years after he signed in LA... Kareem signing with the Lakers had nothing to do with finding the easiest possible way to win, he had way more success in Milwaukee than they did during his first few years in Los Angeles.

And Magic and Worthy were both drafted by the Lakers. I have no problem when a player gets drafted by a team that has talent, because it is not their choice to try and take the easiest way out, and i dont expect someone to want to leave when already being put in a good situation. The Lakers big 3 were all brought into that situation in a manner that i can respect as a competitive person and an NBA fan.

I cannot respect Lebron leaving Cleveland to join Bosh who had just signed in Miami) and Wade (already on Miami) JUST so he can win NBA championaships in the easiest manner possible especially after only reaching one NBA Finals when he was solely the man on the team that drafted him. Not saying he should have necessarily stayed in Cleveland, that team was being run to the ground and had nowhere near a championship supporting cast. But if Bron could have left for a Kareem-like move, to maybe play in a bigger market where he had a better supporting cast, rather than just team up with NBA superstars put in place i would have more respect for that move. Signing with the Heat just showed no heart for me, and i dont know of any other move in NBA history that could compare to it as much as people like to point out examples such as the Lakers in the 80s or the Bulls in the 90s.

Maybe i sound like a hater, but that is just my opinion.

I can kinda overstand what your saying. But just as magic bird etc couldnt help where they were drafted, although i kinda disagree with that especially with that akeem/sampson draft and the blantantly rigged ny gets ewing draft. How could lebron help being drafted by arguble one of the worst organizations management teams in professional sports. Lets not act like these other players werent drafted by some of the best orgs in the business. I honestly think had lebron stayed with the cavs, he would have had the same fate as a barry sanders, kg in his early yrs etc. Only to retire a great player on a horibbly ran team, or wait to the twilight years of his career and go to do the same thing he did by going to miami. Or do the payton/malone route and start ring chasing.

In any event its like he was put in a position to be knocked, either by staying in clevland and constantly be a 90's jazz/sonics type team his entire career, being mocked/heckled by fans saying he couldnt win it big like kobe/mj/magic etc. Or leave and being ostracized for teaming up with superstars to give him a better chance at winning a championship. It was ppl love/hate me for being a loyal loser, or ppl hate/love me for being a winner. My book either fate is kinda messed up, and is something only he could decide which is better to live with.

Originally Posted by THE GR8

likethematrix wrote:
my thing is magic, big game james and mr. skyhook were all on the same team.
que es el dealio?
Kareem got traded to LA after already winning rings in Milwaukee because he wanted to play in a bigger market (understandable and seen throughout sports history), and being from Brooklyn and playing collegiality at UCLA it is understandable for him to want to leave Milwaukee after being there awhile to play for a NY or an LA team...

its not like he was running away after failing to win where he was drafted (a la Lebron) or going to play somewhere solely because they have other talent that could help take pressure off his hands (a la Lebron) considering that they didnt get Magic or Worthy until 5+ years after he signed in LA... Kareem signing with the Lakers had nothing to do with finding the easiest possible way to win, he had way more success in Milwaukee than they did during his first few years in Los Angeles.

And Magic and Worthy were both drafted by the Lakers. I have no problem when a player gets drafted by a team that has talent, because it is not their choice to try and take the easiest way out, and i dont expect someone to want to leave when already being put in a good situation. The Lakers big 3 were all brought into that situation in a manner that i can respect as a competitive person and an NBA fan.

I cannot respect Lebron leaving Cleveland to join Bosh who had just signed in Miami) and Wade (already on Miami) JUST so he can win NBA championaships in the easiest manner possible especially after only reaching one NBA Finals when he was solely the man on the team that drafted him. Not saying he should have necessarily stayed in Cleveland, that team was being run to the ground and had nowhere near a championship supporting cast. But if Bron could have left for a Kareem-like move, to maybe play in a bigger market where he had a better supporting cast, rather than just team up with NBA superstars put in place i would have more respect for that move. Signing with the Heat just showed no heart for me, and i dont know of any other move in NBA history that could compare to it as much as people like to point out examples such as the Lakers in the 80s or the Bulls in the 90s.

Maybe i sound like a hater, but that is just my opinion.

I can kinda overstand what your saying. But just as magic bird etc couldnt help where they were drafted, although i kinda disagree with that especially with that akeem/sampson draft and the blantantly rigged ny gets ewing draft. How could lebron help being drafted by arguble one of the worst organizations management teams in professional sports. Lets not act like these other players werent drafted by some of the best orgs in the business. I honestly think had lebron stayed with the cavs, he would have had the same fate as a barry sanders, kg in his early yrs etc. Only to retire a great player on a horibbly ran team, or wait to the twilight years of his career and go to do the same thing he did by going to miami. Or do the payton/malone route and start ring chasing.

In any event its like he was put in a position to be knocked, either by staying in clevland and constantly be a 90's jazz/sonics type team his entire career, being mocked/heckled by fans saying he couldnt win it big like kobe/mj/magic etc. Or leave and being ostracized for teaming up with superstars to give him a better chance at winning a championship. It was ppl love/hate me for being a loyal loser, or ppl hate/love me for being a winner. My book either fate is kinda messed up, and is something only he could decide which is better to live with.

Back
Top Bottom