Miami Fans have Ruined Basketball for Me

Originally Posted by ncjamn

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Originally Posted by OnionSlice

Nah. There are no fans worse then Red Sox fans. These idiots think they're better than a team with 20 more championships. Yes, 27-7. It's a close call.

boston fans in general get under my skin,   they take their sports wayyyyyyyyyyy to seriously.  i got into it with some drunk patriots fan the night the jets beat them in the playoffs because he was trying to start something with a friend of mine.  dude was literally starting fights with anyone wearing green because he was mad his team lost

I love that people hate us so much. Even though I thinks its stupid for dude to take it this serious.

if this was an isolated incident, i''d look at it like that, but from knowing a bunch of boston fans and going to games when boston teams play, it's something about their fanbase that just is annoying.  now im pretty sure if i talked sports and drank a beer with alot of these dudes, their probably cool people though
laugh.gif

if i was a heat fan, i'm pretty sure the july 8th and on "heat fans" would get under my skin somewhat as well though,    same way dudes who had their laker flags on their cars the past 2-3 years now wanna jump ship and like other teams do, which i've seen often in so cal.

Originally Posted by OnionSlice

Nah. There are no fans worse then Red Sox fans. These idiots think they're better than a team with 20 more championships. Yes, 27-7. It's a close call.

boston fans in general get under my skin,   they take their sports wayyyyyyyyyyy to seriously.  i got into it with some drunk patriots fan the night the jets beat them in the playoffs because he was trying to start something with a friend of mine.  dude was literally starting fights with anyone wearing green because he was mad his team lost

I love that people hate us so much. Even though I thinks its stupid for dude to take it this serious.

if this was an isolated incident, i''d look at it like that, but from knowing a bunch of boston fans and going to games when boston teams play, it's something about their fanbase that just is annoying.  now im pretty sure if i talked sports and drank a beer with alot of these dudes, their probably cool people though
laugh.gif

if i was a heat fan, i'm pretty sure the july 8th and on "heat fans" would get under my skin somewhat as well though,    same way dudes who had their laker flags on their cars the past 2-3 years now wanna jump ship and like other teams do, which i've seen often in so cal.

laugh.gif

Um lol no... Boston fans not all, but the few times i been there are some of the most arrogant, and outright racist and rudest ppl ive come to encounter. I will say they are die hard fans tho, kinda like texas/dallas fans. Good/bad happy/sad they will ride or die support their team. La iuno to be honest i have seen plenty of flipflop fans theyre true fans out there but not like i would say the fans of the raiders.

laugh.gif

Um lol no... Boston fans not all, but the few times i been there are some of the most arrogant, and outright racist and rudest ppl ive come to encounter. I will say they are die hard fans tho, kinda like texas/dallas fans. Good/bad happy/sad they will ride or die support their team. La iuno to be honest i have seen plenty of flipflop fans theyre true fans out there but not like i would say the fans of the raiders.

Originally Posted by Dragon

Originally Posted by HankMoody

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
   is it not true though?    11 titles since 1970 which is the most out of all 4 major sports,   18 trips to the finals since then, and only 5 losing seasons since then.  expectations should be high
work of an advice , don't have such high expectation for them next year....i dont want to see you cry.

word of advice, we have high expectations every year. regardless if we had smush parker or magic at the point. nothing less than a championship is a failure. 

franchise3 wrote:
So what you're saying is, they're starting to sound like Lakers fans

you and OP are stereotyping. every fanbase has their share of clowns

Originally Posted by Dragon

Originally Posted by HankMoody

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
   is it not true though?    11 titles since 1970 which is the most out of all 4 major sports,   18 trips to the finals since then, and only 5 losing seasons since then.  expectations should be high
work of an advice , don't have such high expectation for them next year....i dont want to see you cry.

word of advice, we have high expectations every year. regardless if we had smush parker or magic at the point. nothing less than a championship is a failure. 

franchise3 wrote:
So what you're saying is, they're starting to sound like Lakers fans

you and OP are stereotyping. every fanbase has their share of clowns

Originally Posted by likethematrix

my thing is magic, big game james and mr. skyhook were all on the same team.
que es el dealio?
Kareem got traded to LA after already winning rings in Milwaukee because he wanted to play in a bigger market (understandable and seen throughout sports history), and being from Brooklyn and playing collegiality at UCLA it is understandable for him to want to leave Milwaukee after being there awhile to play for a NY or an LA team...

its not like he was running away after failing to win where he was drafted (a la Lebron) or going to play somewhere solely because they have other talent that could help take pressure off his hands (a la Lebron) considering that they didnt get Magic or Worthy until 5+ years after he signed in LA... Kareem signing with the Lakers had nothing to do with finding the easiest possible way to win, he had way more success in Milwaukee than they did during his first few years in Los Angeles.

And Magic and Worthy were both drafted by the Lakers. I have no problem when a player gets drafted by a team that has talent, because it is not their choice to try and take the easiest way out, and i dont expect someone to want to leave when already being put in a good situation. The Lakers big 3 were all brought into that situation in a manner that i can respect as a competitive person and an NBA fan.

I cannot respect Lebron leaving Cleveland to join Bosh who had just signed in Miami) and Wade (already on Miami) JUST so he can win NBA championaships in the easiest manner possible especially after only reaching one NBA Finals when he was solely the man on the team that drafted him. Not saying he should have necessarily stayed in Cleveland, that team was being run to the ground and had nowhere near a championship supporting cast. But if Bron could have left for a Kareem-like move, to maybe play in a bigger market where he had a better supporting cast, rather than just team up with NBA superstars put in place i would have more respect for that move. Signing with the Heat just showed no heart for me, and i dont know of any other move in NBA history that could compare to it as much as people like to point out examples such as the Lakers in the 80s or the Bulls in the 90s.

Maybe i sound like a hater, but that is just my opinion.

que es el dealio?
Kareem got traded to LA after already winning rings in Milwaukee because he wanted to play in a bigger market (understandable and seen throughout sports history), and being from Brooklyn and playing collegiality at UCLA it is understandable for him to want to leave Milwaukee after being there awhile to play for a NY or an LA team...

its not like he was running away after failing to win where he was drafted (a la Lebron) or going to play somewhere solely because they have other talent that could help take pressure off his hands (a la Lebron) considering that they didnt get Magic or Worthy until 5+ years after he signed in LA... Kareem signing with the Lakers had nothing to do with finding the easiest possible way to win, he had way more success in Milwaukee than they did during his first few years in Los Angeles.

And Magic and Worthy were both drafted by the Lakers. I have no problem when a player gets drafted by a team that has talent, because it is not their choice to try and take the easiest way out, and i dont expect someone to want to leave when already being put in a good situation. The Lakers big 3 were all brought into that situation in a manner that i can respect as a competitive person and an NBA fan.

I cannot respect Lebron leaving Cleveland to join Bosh who had just signed in Miami) and Wade (already on Miami) JUST so he can win NBA championaships in the easiest manner possible especially after only reaching one NBA Finals when he was solely the man on the team that drafted him. Not saying he should have necessarily stayed in Cleveland, that team was being run to the ground and had nowhere near a championship supporting cast. But if Bron could have left for a Kareem-like move, to maybe play in a bigger market where he had a better supporting cast, rather than just team up with NBA superstars put in place i would have more respect for that move. Signing with the Heat just showed no heart for me, and i dont know of any other move in NBA history that could compare to it as much as people like to point out examples such as the Lakers in the 80s or the Bulls in the 90s.

Originally Posted by luxurious24

laugh.gif
there are no fans worst than dolphin and laker fans though, can't stand those teams just because of there fans
Heeeey, what I do to you? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by luxurious24

laugh.gif
there are no fans worst than dolphin and laker fans though, can't stand those teams just because of there fans
Heeeey, what I do to you? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by THE GR8

que es el dealio?

But... but.... lebron is all about WINNNING
you didn't know the easiest path possible is the same exact thing? HATER 

que es el dealio?

Originally Posted by CosmicCanon

I love the haters man, biggest trolls on NT by far, but it's funny to see ya wrong. 
laugh.gif

I feel sorry for you. You had to hop on the heat bandwagon just so 1 of your teams would have success this year.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CosmicCanon

I love the haters man, biggest trolls on NT by far, but it's funny to see ya wrong. 
laugh.gif

I feel sorry for you. You had to hop on the heat bandwagon just so 1 of your teams would have success this year.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DubA169

que es el dealio?

I just dont think it is all about just WINNING when you are being talked about at the end of the day.

Lebron is gonna go down with having an amazing career, a career that 99% of NBA players would kill for, and if Bron is cool with that (like he seems to be) than good for him. He WILL have the rings, MVPs, etc etc.

i just think when you are talking about the GOAT. Not a hall of famer or top 50 all time player (which Lebron should be by the end of his career undisputably) but when you argue the GOAT, the greatest player in basketball history or once you reach that top 5 level its bigger than just "winning."

Its gotta be a little about winning against the best competition level possible over and over again throughout your career. I know the argument is pretty redundant but jordan never jumped ship after losing championships, or teamed up with some of his other buddies competing for rings every year. Jordan stuck with it and he won every year in the 90s against some of the best competition the NBA has ever seen. There are hall of fame players from that era who never won a ring solely because of Michael Jordan. Who knows? Hakeem and those Rockets could have been an all time great team and started a little dynasty of their own but it was always Michael winning rings. Ewing/the Knicks, Stockton/Malone, Payton/Kemp etc... sure the Bulls had Scottie and other great players but at the end of the day Michael Jordan was in their path, not anybody else.

If Michael Jordan had left Chicago and joined Ewing and the Knicks lets say and him and Ewing and whoever else started a similar dynasty it just would not be the same. When you are that talented you want to beat the best of competition, which is sorta why Kobe drove Shaqw out to prove that he can be a #1 on a championship team. Sure the Heat are Bron's team right now but the fact that he signed on a team that already was looking like a title contender with 2 top 10 NBA talents (probably) and one other top 5 NBA player (for certain, i dont care what others say) just shows that Lebron was afraid to go against the best competition with all eyes on him at all times. no matter how many rings he can win, or any other awards, that aspect alone will never put him from a top 20 all-time player/HOFer into a category with guys like Magic, Bird, Jordan, Kareem, and some other guys IMO

Originally Posted by DubA169

que es el dealio?

I just dont think it is all about just WINNING when you are being talked about at the end of the day.

Lebron is gonna go down with having an amazing career, a career that 99% of NBA players would kill for, and if Bron is cool with that (like he seems to be) than good for him. He WILL have the rings, MVPs, etc etc.

i just think when you are talking about the GOAT. Not a hall of famer or top 50 all time player (which Lebron should be by the end of his career undisputably) but when you argue the GOAT, the greatest player in basketball history or once you reach that top 5 level its bigger than just "winning."

Its gotta be a little about winning against the best competition level possible over and over again throughout your career. I know the argument is pretty redundant but jordan never jumped ship after losing championships, or teamed up with some of his other buddies competing for rings every year. Jordan stuck with it and he won every year in the 90s against some of the best competition the NBA has ever seen. There are hall of fame players from that era who never won a ring solely because of Michael Jordan. Who knows? Hakeem and those Rockets could have been an all time great team and started a little dynasty of their own but it was always Michael winning rings. Ewing/the Knicks, Stockton/Malone, Payton/Kemp etc... sure the Bulls had Scottie and other great players but at the end of the day Michael Jordan was in their path, not anybody else.

If Michael Jordan had left Chicago and joined Ewing and the Knicks lets say and him and Ewing and whoever else started a similar dynasty it just would not be the same. When you are that talented you want to beat the best of competition, which is sorta why Kobe drove Shaqw out to prove that he can be a #1 on a championship team. Sure the Heat are Bron's team right now but the fact that he signed on a team that already was looking like a title contender with 2 top 10 NBA talents (probably) and one other top 5 NBA player (for certain, i dont care what others say) just shows that Lebron was afraid to go against the best competition with all eyes on him at all times. no matter how many rings he can win, or any other awards, that aspect alone will never put him from a top 20 all-time player/HOFer into a category with guys like Magic, Bird, Jordan, Kareem, and some other guys IMO

Back
Top Bottom