Megabus really that bad?

W)taps

formerly worldgonemad

Is Megabus really that bad? I've used it 5+ times from Baltimore to NYC and never had a problem but from all the reviews online and comments on their instagram it really seems like its the worst :lol:

Going to NYC tomorrow too so im worried now even though I personally never had a problem with it.

Is it because only the people who had complaints are writing reviews while the people who had positive experience never writes reviews?

Any bus business that has good reviews and I should be aware about? Even the AMTRAK has bad reviews :lol:

Mega bus is cheap. You pay for what you get. I usually took greayhound from nyc to DC. Never had any major issues. But that was a while ago back in my early college years.

I think it's not bad at all, seats recline and majority of the outlets work. I take it from Chi To Cle and vice-versa all the time.

I’ve heard Horror stories about SPIRIT airlines. Even my mother experienced the hell she went thru with them last year to a flight from NJ-TX she didn’t leave till 3 day from her flight out date.

I took it once. Some guy was playing music through an old JBL speaker (wtf). Every 15 min he would yell out "DO YOUUUU WANNNA PARTYYYY". No one wanted to say **** to him because he had dried blood all over his neck.

it is what it is.. a cramped bus with cheap tickets to get you where you tryna go. not horrible not great.

nothing worse than the old fung wah tho :lol:

You get what you pay for, and I'll never pay to take the bus to NYC again. Amtrak or nothing.

Amtrak's normal rates can be high, but if you book in advance you can usually find the rates that hover around $90 roundtrip which makes it a no brainer compared to any of the bus lines. Cleaner, way more comfortable, bathrooms between every car, a quiet car(s), food/drink car, etc.

Never been on one, but if it’s anything like the Greyhound then yes it is that bad.

You get what you pay for, and I'll never pay to take the bus to NYC again. Amtrak or nothing.

Amtrak's normal rates can be high, but if you book in advance you can usually find the rates that hover around $90 roundtrip which makes it a

no brainer compared to any of the bus lines. Cleaner, way more comfortable, bathrooms between every car, a quiet car(s), food/drink car, etc.

this. Amtrak >>>

I’ve heard Horror stories about SPIRIT airlines. Even my mother experienced the hell she went thru with them last year to a flight from NJ-TX she didn’t leave till 3 day from her flight out date.
Took Spirit twice and they were on point both times...nobody was even checking for the carry on sizes n all that :lol: :pimp:

I took it once. Some guy was playing music through an old JBL speaker (wtf). Every 15 min he would yell out "DO YOUUUU WANNNA PARTYYYY". No one wanted to say **** to him because he had dried blood all over his neck.

:rofl::rofl:

I would’ve got off the bus seeing that dude :lol:

i've seen a twitter post where a megabus broke down during the middle of a trip and then it got caught on fire

Cbw6Ax6UAAAHrlJ.jpg

If you book the ticket way in advance where you only pay $3-4 each way it’s not too bad.

If you’re paying anything over $25 or so each way, not so much.

Its better suited for shorter trips though. Ive done it from NY to Philly/DC, and LA to Vegas and it’s tolerable.

Longer trips like LA to San Francisco sucked being on that bus for hours despite only paying $2 for the ticket.

Back
Top Bottom