:::Meet iPad::: (It really is magical.)

but for the price of the ipad, why wouldn't you just get a netbook? granted the only competition that would justify an ipad is the kindle. However, i feel like a majority of the people who bought the ipad are apple fanboys so they most likely have an iphone/ipodtouch, which begs the question why buy an ipad if you own either of those?

ipad has new printing function

blog_ipad_printing.jpg

Originally Posted by RLAK824

Originally Posted by GriZZla1024

The multitasking isn't true multitasking.

From Engadget:
iPhone OS 4 just brought multitasking to the platform! Apple says they've figured out how to implement third party multitasking without hurting performance or battery life, and they're demoing it now -- you just double click the home button and see a list of your apps, and you can just tap to switch between apps. The system actually runs the services apps need in the background -- the apps don't need to do them individually, so it's not a "true" multitasking system, but it seems plenty effective. There are seven services: background audio, which allows you to use the standard pop-over iPod controls, Voice over IP, which can receive calls in the background, location services for GPS and social networking (there's an indicator if any service is tracking you), updated push notifications with local notifications, task completion so you can finish things like uploads in the background, and fast app switching, which lets apps sleep and resume instantly. Notably missing? Anything for managing a conversation, like IM or Twitter, which is a big omission. Win some, lose some, we suppose.

Note that it only has 7 services that can run in conjunction with other apps and that you cant use something like MSN messenger or AIM whilst doing another thing. So no surfing flash-less websites whilst trying to chat up that hot girl on AIM.

There is no way i would by an ipad in its current incarnation. If you buy one and you like it then fair enough, but there are too many things missing for me that could quite easily have been included initially without too much trouble.

I'm looking forward to the HP Slate and the Microsoft Courier to see what they bring to the table.
keep in mind that hp slate is running windows 7 a desktop os with a few optimizations for touch, the iPhone os was built from the ground up to be a touch os. Windows was not, windows os is made for use of a keyboard and mouse and not to mention if it's going to multitask it only gets a battery life of 5 hours compared to the iPad 10 hours. The Courier has not even going into production it's basically a concept model. Also consider if your going to run windows 7 os on a tablet security risk will also play into hand, you will need a third party virus protection because windows defender just is not going to cover problems with spyware. Keep in mind that the slate does not have an app store with thousand's of apps. Regardless  the iPad is a great buy and hopefully the slate will be also but only time will tell.

Win 7 has plenty of touch optimizations available to it plus i wouldn't be surprised to see HP run some form of finger friendly skin on top of it, similar to what HTC does with windows mobile. 
Battery life could well be an issue but we wont know that until it is released and used in real world. 
As for security and anti virus, there are so many free programs such as Avast that can handle that so i don't think it will be a problem.  

Who needs an app store when you can get pretty much ever piece of windows software to work on it. 

As you say, we will have to wait and see what the competition is like to the ipad. 

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

Heard the 3G may be pushed back til late May.
smh.gif

Maybe this is a sign...

blue_lego_of_death-rt.jpg
only outside of the US. still same release date here in US late april/early may

Originally Posted by sreggie101

but for the price of the ipad, why wouldn't you just get a netbook? granted the only competition that would justify an ipad is the kindle. However, i feel like a majority of the people who bought the ipad are apple fanboys so they most likely have an iphone/ipodtouch, which begs the question why buy an ipad if you own either of those?

.....Wanna be Apple heads and idiots whom probably never heard of a tablet before.

What is the problem with the Windows Ultra Mobile PCs out now?

There's off brand ones like this one in 10 and 7 inches with all ports (I've seen them with XP, Vista, and even some with Win 7)
c102_3.JPG

Tablets that run Android (also Linux or Windows CE)
MID08.jpg

v7_1.jpg

888.jpg

Samsung Q1 with Vista
http://i.ebayimg.com/20/!BqmfPzQBGk~$(KGrHqUH-DMEuqELYqK9BLwKozliTw~~_3.JPG" src="view-source:http://i.ebayimg.com/20/!BqmfPzQBGk~$%28KGrHqUH-DMEuqELYqK9BLwKozliTw%7E%7E_3.JPG">
%21Bof7BvQBmk%7E%24%28KGrHqUOKkUEu%21b9RyZMBLnpg%28YOQ%21%7E%7E_12.JPG
moz-screenshot-2.png

moz-screenshot-1.png

Please wait

Image not available

Archos also makes some, Asus makes some, Sony makes some, it's not new technology at all

Even Asus makes a netbook that can turn into a tablet

Code:

Originally Posted by RLAK824

Originally Posted by GriZZla1024

The multitasking isn't true multitasking.

From Engadget:
iPhone OS 4 just brought multitasking to the platform! Apple says they've figured out how to implement third party multitasking without hurting performance or battery life, and they're demoing it now -- you just double click the home button and see a list of your apps, and you can just tap to switch between apps. The system actually runs the services apps need in the background -- the apps don't need to do them individually, so it's not a "true" multitasking system, but it seems plenty effective. There are seven services: background audio, which allows you to use the standard pop-over iPod controls, Voice over IP, which can receive calls in the background, location services for GPS and social networking (there's an indicator if any service is tracking you), updated push notifications with local notifications, task completion so you can finish things like uploads in the background, and fast app switching, which lets apps sleep and resume instantly. Notably missing? Anything for managing a conversation, like IM or Twitter, which is a big omission. Win some, lose some, we suppose.

Note that it only has 7 services that can run in conjunction with other apps and that you cant use something like MSN messenger or AIM whilst doing another thing. So no surfing flash-less websites whilst trying to chat up that hot girl on AIM.

There is no way i would by an ipad in its current incarnation. If you buy one and you like it then fair enough, but there are too many things missing for me that could quite easily have been included initially without too much trouble.

I'm looking forward to the HP Slate and the Microsoft Courier to see what they bring to the table.
keep in mind that hp slate is running windows 7 a desktop os with a few optimizations for touch, the iPhone os was built from the ground up to be a touch os. Windows was not, windows os is made for use of a keyboard and mouse

i love your short term memory..da cnet video stated windows 7 runs touch natively and smoothly.
laugh.gif

you don't need "a app store" when all da files you install on a PC/laptop will be compatible with it.

so......ipad is already lookin outdated.

At the apple store, posting from iPad. Yea, it's pretty !%+$$+@ awesome.

3G needs to hurry up.
mad.gif

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

At the apple store, posting from iPad. Yea, it's pretty !%+$$+@ awesome.

3G needs to hurry up.
mad.gif

you work for apple or something?
I mean I know an apple fanboy when I see one but you are just way beyond that.
All your post about the ipad is awesome, the ipad is great
an average apple fanboy can atleast give me some technical analysis of the products they like and why.
and i remember you mention the ipad is better than the courier...?
no apple fanboy that I know of says the ipad is better than the courier

laugh.gif

I was at the store when I posted; it was my first time even holding the device. I'm not even an apple fanboy. I just think the device is, presumably, awesome.

I'm a devout user of the itouch and being so, I hope to find the iPad everything I need in a device.

However, if the device turns out to be trash (picking up the 3G), I will take it as an L.

At the moment, I believe it will be all I need and some, especially when the new OS releases.

I saw something on Google News where half of the iPad buyers so far were PC owners... Just food for thought.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

I saw something on Google News where half of the iPad buyers so far were PC owners... Just food for thought.
source?

Just came back from Best buy and played around with the iPad man is it nice
pimp.gif
, I just ordered  the iPad 32gb wifi.

fwnh5j.png

^I'm saying though.

Dudes knocking it before they even try it. Granted, trying it out at a store does not really compare to using it in a real-life setting, but it is ill.

Trust us.

iPad is an giant iPod touch in the same way an alligator is a giant lizard. Don't hate it until you've tried it

Originally Posted by bjamez20

iPad is an giant iPod touch in the same way an alligator is a giant lizard. Don't hate it until you've tried it
Alligators are not lizards, but I see your point.

Played with an iPad this weekend. For the 15-20 minutes I was playing with it, it was like having sex with a semi-ugly chick. You know you shouldn't be enjoying it (because its essentially a big iPod touch), but you do and you don't know why.

3G to ship by May 7 for all those who placed online orders, like RLAK824.

Stores still don't have a launch date. Hopefully it's first week of May. Late April is looking like a stretch.

Back
Top Bottom