Meals you make at home??? Saveeeee monies.

This site always has gems, & it keeps me entertained
reddit.com/r/fffffffuuuuuuuuuuuud

This site always has gems, & it keeps me entertained
reddit.com/r/fffffffuuuuuuuuuuuud

Okay this meal is going to take hours to cook I got a little carried away since I only cook for myself but I'm making white bean chili with chicken, and brown rice on the side and a littttttle jack cheese on top. I would do anything for sour cream too, or some crushed homemade tortilla chips omg, but my thighs aren't having it
frown.gif

This is my last week of meals before I go on the Copenhagen diet (which my friend nicknamed the Auschwitz diet because it's that horrible) so I'm going super duper hard
laugh.gif

Okay this meal is going to take hours to cook I got a little carried away since I only cook for myself but I'm making white bean chili with chicken, and brown rice on the side and a littttttle jack cheese on top. I would do anything for sour cream too, or some crushed homemade tortilla chips omg, but my thighs aren't having it
frown.gif

This is my last week of meals before I go on the Copenhagen diet (which my friend nicknamed the Auschwitz diet because it's that horrible) so I'm going super duper hard
laugh.gif

this helps a lot too

sazon-goya-2.jpg

product0031.jpg

pollo guisado

24ziwm0.jpg

Time: 15 mins. Serves: 4

Before starting to cook: Wash the chicken with warm water and scrub with the lemon. Cut the chicken in small pieces.

Ingredients:

2 lbs of chicken cut into small pieces

2 lemons cut into halves

2 green bell peppers

1/2 cup of chopped celery

1 small red onion chopped into fine strips or rings

4 plum tomatoes cut into quarters

2 tablespoons of oil

1/4 cup of seedless olives cut into halves(optional)

2 tablespoons of tomato paste

1/2 teaspoon of mashed garlic

1 teaspoon of sugar

A pinch of oregano

Salt

Coriander leaves

Preparation:

In a bowl mix the chicken, oregano, onion, celery, tomatoes, a pinch of salt and garlic. Marinate for 30 minutes. In a pot heat up the oil, add the sugar and let the sugar heat up until it becomes dark brown. Add the chicken (reserve vegetables and herbs) and sauté until the meat is light brown.

Add 2 tablespoons of water. Cover and simmer over medium heat for 12 minutes adjusting water when necessary. Add the remaining ingredients (except tomato paste), cover and and simmer until they are tender, adjust water if necessary. Add tomato paste and half a cup of water, simmer over low heat to produce a light sauce. Adjust salt to taste.

Serve with Arroz Blanco, a side dish (or salad) and beans.

this site has a lot of good stuff

http://www.dominicancooking.com/

this helps a lot too

sazon-goya-2.jpg

product0031.jpg

pollo guisado

24ziwm0.jpg

Time: 15 mins. Serves: 4

Before starting to cook: Wash the chicken with warm water and scrub with the lemon. Cut the chicken in small pieces.

Ingredients:

2 lbs of chicken cut into small pieces

2 lemons cut into halves

2 green bell peppers

1/2 cup of chopped celery

1 small red onion chopped into fine strips or rings

4 plum tomatoes cut into quarters

2 tablespoons of oil

1/4 cup of seedless olives cut into halves(optional)

2 tablespoons of tomato paste

1/2 teaspoon of mashed garlic

1 teaspoon of sugar

A pinch of oregano

Salt

Coriander leaves

Preparation:

In a bowl mix the chicken, oregano, onion, celery, tomatoes, a pinch of salt and garlic. Marinate for 30 minutes. In a pot heat up the oil, add the sugar and let the sugar heat up until it becomes dark brown. Add the chicken (reserve vegetables and herbs) and sauté until the meat is light brown.

Add 2 tablespoons of water. Cover and simmer over medium heat for 12 minutes adjusting water when necessary. Add the remaining ingredients (except tomato paste), cover and and simmer until they are tender, adjust water if necessary. Add tomato paste and half a cup of water, simmer over low heat to produce a light sauce. Adjust salt to taste.

Serve with Arroz Blanco, a side dish (or salad) and beans.

this site has a lot of good stuff

http://www.dominicancooking.com/

Originally Posted by djaward

Tortas de asada

Buy 2 pieces of carne Ranchera preparada from your meat dept.

Buy 3 bread rolls (bilillos)

1 avocado

Tomato

Lettuce

1 small can of refried beans

Start off by making the beans

Cook the meat to MEDIUM. Then cut it up and toss it back on the pan (if you like your meat well done then cook for another 5 min)

Toast the bread (bolillos)

Slap on some mayo (a little bit not a lot or none at all)

Spread the beans on the bread

Avocado

Tomato

Lettuce

Onions if you like raw onions

Top off with the meat

AND BAMMMM you end up with this.
Definitely trying this.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by djaward

Tortas de asada

Buy 2 pieces of carne Ranchera preparada from your meat dept.

Buy 3 bread rolls (bilillos)

1 avocado

Tomato

Lettuce

1 small can of refried beans

Start off by making the beans

Cook the meat to MEDIUM. Then cut it up and toss it back on the pan (if you like your meat well done then cook for another 5 min)

Toast the bread (bolillos)

Slap on some mayo (a little bit not a lot or none at all)

Spread the beans on the bread

Avocado

Tomato

Lettuce

Onions if you like raw onions

Top off with the meat

AND BAMMMM you end up with this.
Definitely trying this.
pimp.gif

scrambled eggs
oatlmeal
boil pasta, put some olive oil and sauce on it
canned tuna, add whatever you want to it
natural peanut butter sandwiches
cottage cheese
fry up ground beef and use some whole wheat tortilla shells, add whatever you want
milk
just buy some fresh veggies and eat them
drink a lot of water

scrambled eggs
oatlmeal
boil pasta, put some olive oil and sauce on it
canned tuna, add whatever you want to it
natural peanut butter sandwiches
cottage cheese
fry up ground beef and use some whole wheat tortilla shells, add whatever you want
milk
just buy some fresh veggies and eat them
drink a lot of water

I never eat out really. You'll need to step your pepper/salt/seasoning game up over time. Also kop some aluminium foil so you wont have to wash anything you cook in.

Some easy things I make with an oven (set the timer & go do whatever):

Baked salmon/talipa... 12-15mins on the oven timer & u good
Baked chicken ...poultry seasoning, pepper, garlic powder,onion powder, salt, paprika and old bay

make 1 or 2 sides and you good...

another thing yall should do is make alot of food when you do cook like a %@#!% so u can rock with it the next day
roll.gif

you save mad bread

I never eat out really. You'll need to step your pepper/salt/seasoning game up over time. Also kop some aluminium foil so you wont have to wash anything you cook in.

Some easy things I make with an oven (set the timer & go do whatever):

Baked salmon/talipa... 12-15mins on the oven timer & u good
Baked chicken ...poultry seasoning, pepper, garlic powder,onion powder, salt, paprika and old bay

make 1 or 2 sides and you good...

another thing yall should do is make alot of food when you do cook like a %@#!% so u can rock with it the next day
roll.gif

you save mad bread

My cooking is so limited 
laugh.gif
. What I do make is

Egg (Scrambled or sunnyside), Turkey Meatballs (Trader Joe's...So good), + slice of cheese on wheat bread.

Back to dieting.

My cooking is so limited 
laugh.gif
. What I do make is

Egg (Scrambled or sunnyside), Turkey Meatballs (Trader Joe's...So good), + slice of cheese on wheat bread.

Back to dieting.

Tryna do the same op, recently cut dominos and chinese out of my daily eating habits (but when im
pimp.gif
its so tempting) but ive went to target and racked up on some stirfry, pasta dishes, rice etc.

Tryna do the same op, recently cut dominos and chinese out of my daily eating habits (but when im
pimp.gif
its so tempting) but ive went to target and racked up on some stirfry, pasta dishes, rice etc.

me and my GF make a lot of stuff... we usually try to cook every other night.

we made some cream of mushroom smothered porkchops the other night, with mashed potatoes and mixed veggies.

eek.gif

Back
Top Bottom