MARVEL NETFLIX Thread * RIP STAN LEE - Jessica Jones = Final Season

WHICH MARVEL SHOW/SEASON HAS BEEN YOUR FAVORITE SO FAR?

• Daredevil S1

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • Daredevil S2

Votes: 43 37.4%
  • Jessica Jones

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Luke Cage

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • He Insisted & Bragged That He Was the Iron Fist But Never Really Showed & Whined About It Instead AK

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters
Y’all bugging if you think Disney is putting any of these shows on their service post cancellation with Netflix. They’re not putting any mature content on there whatsoever. That was established in a few different articles. You not about to see any sexual content or extreme violence anywhere near Disney + which makes it kinda corny to me.

That sucks even though they could do what Netflix does with a kid section, but it is what it is. Wouldn’t mind seeing DD on the big screen.

This Disney acquiring the world is not good for overall entertainment. It’s all fun and games until it’s a Monopoly. Trust me, if anyone knows anything about the wrestling world, no competition is bad for business in the long run for consumers.

DD being canceled sucks. Looks like Netflix is cowtowing to Disney & canceling these shows now.

Coming from one old head comic reader, most of the Marvel movies are crap so I don't anticipate the shows Disney will have on their new streaming service will be any good.

I loved the Netflix Marvel shows, even Iron Fist as flawed as it was.

After a strong season, damn. The writing was on the wall though. It was obvious Marvel was cleaning house. What's going to happen to Punisher?

Just enjoy the remaining content. Something is better than nothing.

Maybe Disney will launch an adult service. They obviously have a lot of properties, licenses.

The writing was on the wall. Money is being made on streaming services. Why wouldn't Disney, which owns ESPN, Marvel, Star Wars, Fox, etc push for their own (ESPN+, etc)?

I still haven't sat and watched DD S3. I'll get to it. But damn at the cancellation news :smh: .

Man **** Disney!!! I'm so pi**ed off right now!! You cancelled one of if not the best superhero show ever. And for what?

I ain't subscribing to no damn Disney+!
damn sure not. but i think theyre gonna move it to hulu cuz disney + is kid friendly. if they dont move it to hulu theyre just gonna leave it canceled. all i can think of, is that incredible hallway fight scene in this season, and the newsroom fight scene.... and disney said "nah **** everyone. cancel it at its peak with the stories unfinished" smfh **** disney

Didn't netflix pay a lot for the marvel shows?

Yes. I think Netflix paid for about 70 episodes up front for the Marvel shows from the gate. Initially, it went well, Netflix gained a lot more viewers for the first seasons of each show. However, after the first seasons of each show, viewership and subscribers fell off a cliff. This is actually the main reason why the shows are canceled on Netflix. It just happened to coincide with Disney launching their own streaming service, giving the shows a safe landing spot. I don't think of them as canceled completely, just put on hold until further notice. Although, I do feel like the upcoming seasons of Jessica Jones and The Punisher are a waste of my time now.

karen bae :frown:

Facts! Karen ill miss you but ill see u again bae

Yes. I think Netflix paid for about 70 episodes up front for the Marvel shows from the gate. Initially, it went well, Netflix gained a lot more viewers for the first seasons of each show. However, after the first seasons of each show, viewership and subscribers fell off a cliff. This is actually the main reason why the shows are canceled on Netflix. It just happened to coincide with Disney launching their own streaming service, giving the shows a safe landing spot. I don't think of them as canceled completely, just put on hold until further notice. Although, I do feel like the upcoming seasons of Jessica Jones and The Punisher are a waste of my time now.
Netflix in general is going down. Schulz had a great point once. Netflix messed up coming out the gate droppin all this cash on all these shows. They tried to force the fans over move that streaming culture to them....
But then hulu stepped up i get the network shows i want and can pay for premium tv and sports.
Youtube aint dropped a dime and still one of the top dogs.
All the other streaming services. Netflix content isbt as special anymore. If anyone is staying it is for Marvel stuff along with OITNB. I cant think of any other netflix specific series that has that type of viewership.
No one is subscribing to watch. That will smith movie or chris pine movie ..not even the comedy specials...
Netflix just isnt the giant it was 5/6 years ago...
With that said. Daredevil if not anything else will be picked up somewhere

The shows weren’t Disney’s to cancel. They’re considered Netflix originals based upon the structuring of the contract from what I understand.

Deadline reported that there was some infighting between Netflix and Marvel TV over $ and lengths of seasons as well. It was just the perfect storm to bring on a cancellation especially since the Netflix MCU characters are still technically Disney properties and referencing Disney properties left and right.

From a business standpoint those shows cost tons of $ to make and it doesn’t make sense for Netflix to make them as much as it sucks for us as fans. I wish they would’ve at least given us one last season of DD to tie up the story.

With that being said, it does leave the door open for Daredevil to potentially make the jump to the film side of the MCU. I’d love to see him with Peter on the big screen. I think sometimes people forget that Marvel Studios and Marvel Television are separate entities under the Disney umbrella. As of now the only shows that are showing up on Disney + are being helmed by Marvel Studios.

Facts! Karen ill miss you but ill see u again bae

Netflix in general is going down. Schulz had a great point once. Netflix messed up coming out the gate droppin all this cash on all these shows. They tried to force the fans over move that streaming culture to them....
But then hulu stepped up i get the network shows i want and can pay for premium tv and sports.
Youtube aint dropped a dime and still one of the top dogs.
All the other streaming services. Netflix content isbt as special anymore. If anyone is staying it is for Marvel stuff along with OITNB. I cant think of any other netflix specific series that has that type of viewership.
No one is subscribing to watch. That will smith movie or chris pine movie ..not even the comedy specials...
Netflix just isnt the giant it was 5/6 years ago...
With that said. Daredevil if not anything else will be picked up somewhere

this is all wrong. netflix is handing out 8 and 9 digit contracts left n right. theyre bigger than theyve ever been. especially cuz theyve been charging more. to narrow netflix down to OITNB and marvel for original content is really stupid. like stranger things doesnt exist. like people dont go hard for ozark, narcos, house of cards, bloodline, peaky blinders, black mirror, bojack horseman, big mouth, 13 reasons why.... etc etc etc. and thats not even mentioning their original movies OR the new acclaimed shows like haunting of hill house. mini series like 7 seconds or making a murderer. not even mentioning nearly 100 comedy specials. bruh youre big time trippin trippin.

hulu and amazon are trying to make original shows just to catch up to netflix. thats the truth of the matter.

netflix likes to spend and waste money. dd one of the few original shows of theirs that I watch. Maybe he can be in the movies now or the film department will make up more BS why he can't.

this is all wrong. netflix is handing out 8 and 9 digit contracts left n right. theyre bigger than theyve ever been. especially cuz theyve been charging more. to narrow netflix down to OITNB and marvel for original content is really stupid. like stranger things doesnt exist. like people dont go hard for ozark, narcos, house of cards, bloodline, peaky blinders, black mirror, bojack horseman, big mouth, 13 reasons why.... etc etc etc. and thats not even mentioning their original movies OR the new acclaimed shows like haunting of hill house. mini series like 7 seconds or making a murderer. not even mentioning nearly 100 comedy specials. bruh youre big time trippin trippin.

hulu and amazon are trying to make original shows just to catch up to netflix. thats the truth of the matter.

I forgot stranger things and narcos. house of cards is doneeee aint no one keeping up anymore.
But that's my point with handing out contracts. they're spending spending spending. but a lot of people are supplementing netflix and/or just cancelling it.
spending all this money and people moving away, it's going to eventually be the fall of or downsize of netflix

Back
Top Bottom