MARVEL NETFLIX Thread * RIP STAN LEE - Jessica Jones = Final Season

WHICH MARVEL SHOW/SEASON HAS BEEN YOUR FAVORITE SO FAR?

• Daredevil S1

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • Daredevil S2

Votes: 43 37.4%
  • Jessica Jones

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Luke Cage

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • He Insisted & Bragged That He Was the Iron Fist But Never Really Showed & Whined About It Instead AK

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters
The best Iron Fist we saw was that 10 second clip of greatness that Bakuto showed Danny in season 1 !!! I cant find it to save my life but remember it being awesome and thinking to myself if Danny turns into that this show gonna be good. Lol never happened

Damn...Danny is the first to go. I wonder if another show will bite the dust.

Netflix verse and marvel studio's are never going to properly cross over now that marvel studios are going to produce their own TV shows now.

You might as well consider all the Netflix shows as not Canon as far as the mcu is concerned.
Feige himself said eventually the Netflix characters will crossover in to the MCU though.

Damn...Danny is the first to go. I wonder if another show will bite the dust.
Eventually all will.

Marvel is not going to be in Netflix for long with Disney's new streaming service. Unless Disney somehow buys Netflix :lol:

Eventually all will.

Marvel is not going to be in Netflix for long with Disney's new streaming service. Unless Disney somehow buys Netflix :lol:

many articles have said itll get ugly. its already ugly with the split from sony and marvel where they cant even say certain characters names in non-sony produced things. same thing happened with dc when it came to the gotham show.

frankly i hate this disney move. who is about to pay a whole nother monthly fee to watch disney movies and marvel shows? foh. i wonder how long disney will play nice with netflix for when they see they NEED the netflix shows to xfer over,since whatever new stuff they pump out wont pop off like they hope it will.

Daredevil's Charlie Cox responds to Rosario Dawson's 'exit' from the Netflix / Marvel universe

It sounds as though we've seen the last of Claire Temple for the foreseeable, with Rosario Dawson confirming that she's done with the Marvel character "at least for now".

Dawson has appeared in Daredevil, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist and The Defenders, but recently suggested that her character Claire's most recent outing – in Luke Cage season 2 – will be her last for the time being.

Speaking to Digital Spy, Daredevil lead Charlie Cox said he'd miss Dawson and hoped that she'd change her mind and return to the MCU in future.

"I love Rosario," said the Matt Murdock actor. "I mean, the fact that we got her on the show [at all] is unbelievable."

He added: "It'd be great to have her back. But at the moment, it doesn't feel like there are any plans to do that. So I don't know if that'll happen.

"But I'd be thrilled to have her back. She's great."

Dawson's character Temple was a nurse who provided medical aid to vigilantes, including Cox's Daredevil, Mike Colter's Luke Cage (also her boyfriend) and Finn Jones's Iron Fist.

The second season of Luke Cage saw Temple continue her relationship with Cage, but growing cautious of his personal issues, particularly with his father and the way he handles justice.

After an argument, Temple asked that they "take a break" from each other. By the end of the season, Cage had completely moved on from Temple, who tries to enter the Harlem's Paradise nightclub to see him, but was turned away.

Though she won't appear in Netflix's next MCU outing, the third season of Daredevil will introduce fan-favourite antagonist Bullseye, played by Wilson Bethel, with Cox promising a "fantastic origin" for the villain.

damn so rosario just walked away from the role? yikes. if we lose misty ill riot.

They made Rosario's character annoying AF in Luke Cage S2 and she was quite useless. Could've had Luke either be a playa or pursue Nightshade or Misty.

Feige himself said eventually the Netflix characters will crossover in to the MCU though.
Yes he did say that... But we all know sometimes they lie and he said that before news came out that marvel studios was going to produce their own TV shows

Yes he did say that... But we all know sometimes they lie and he said that before news came out that marvel studios was going to produce their own TV shows
Unlike hype or promotions if you listen to the audio he isn't lying and the other thing doesnt matter at all. Marvel studios making their own tv shows now has nothing to do with the Netflix characters appearing in the MCU.

They made Rosario's character annoying AF in Luke Cage S2 and she was quite useless. Could've had Luke either be a playa or pursue Nightshade or Misty.

u think i like rosarios character based on her personality? lol. now.... i dont know who nightshade is... but nightshade when discussing luke cage = bushmaster to me lol. im REALLY assuming u aint leaning that way. so who is nightshade? and misty is just riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

Nightshade is Tilda Johnson STOKES!

Based off the comic villain Deadly Nightshade a.k.a. Tikda Johnson.

They changed up her backstory and origin so that nightshade is some herbal drug that enhances you that she specialized in.

He's basically saying ditch Claire and have Luke go for Tilda and/or Misty.

I still find it weird how they had Claire bump around every series but Punished and JJ and how.

Literally was messing with Matt and then Luke. If Colleen wasn't around probably would've smashed Danny.

They should've went in and made her Night Nurse or legit turn in to some other vigilante. I felt she would've been a much better Angela Del Toro (White Tiger).

Marvel studios making their own tv shows now has nothing to do with the Netflix characters appearing in the MCU.

Only it does. No reason for marvel studios to use TV characters not developed by them in their universe when they can make their own.

https://screenrant.com/marvel-tv-not-important-disney-mcu-shows/

Marvel TV Is Even Less Important To The MCU Now
ADVERTISING

There have been recent reports that Marvel Studios is working on an innovative new range of big-budget TV series, set to release on the Disney streaming platform when it's launched next year. But this raises difficult questions for the relationship between Marvel Studios and Marvel Television, essentially consigning the current slate of Marvel TV shows to a third tier in the MCU canon.

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is a unique franchise, a single shared universe that embraces 20 movies and a vast number of TV shows. They've always been bound by the catchphrase "It's all connected" but in reality, the movies and TV series often seem fairly distanced from one another. That's partly because the relationship between Marvel Studios and Marvel Television has often been fraught. In 2015, behind-the-scenes drama between key figures at Marvel actually forced Disney to restructure Marvel Entertainment, pulling the film studio out as a separate Disney subsidiary. Ever since then, the connections between Marvel Studios and Marvel Television have been loose at best.

Read More: How Marvel Studios Works

But the latest news from Marvel Studios is a game-changer in the MCU. They're now preparing to make their own TV shows, and that's a hammer-blow to the likes of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Daredevil, and every other Marvel TV show.

MARVEL TV HAS ALWAYS STRUGGLED TO STAY IN MOVIE CANON

In theory, the Marvel TV shows are all set in the same universe as the movies. In practice, viewers have long complained that they really don't feel that well-connected anymore. Take the example of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. When the series launched in 2013, tie-ins for the latest Marvel blockbuster seemed almost mandatory. Secondary MCU characters like Samuel L. Jackson's Nick Fury and Jaime Alexander's Sif even made cameos, and the narrative connection to Captain America: The Winter Soldier was nearly seamless. But that pretty much came to a halt after the second season, and S.H.I.E.L.D. gradually moved to thematic tie-ins rather than explicit narrative links. Although the show name-dropped Thanos in season 5, it ignored the cliffhanger ending of Avengers: Infinity War altogether.

ADVERTISING
The rest of Marvel's TV slate feels even more distanced from the movies. Take the Netflix shows; the first wave dropped in a number of references to "The Incident" (the Chitauri invasion in The Avengers), but that was about it. The most recent connection was in Jessica Jones season 2, which mentioned a prison for superhumans that was introduced in Captain America: Civil War. Looking beyond the Netflix shows, Cloak & Dagger uses Roxxon, a company referenced in the movies, but otherwise links in only to the other TV series. And Runaways might as well exist in a world of its own.

The films, meanwhile, simply ignore the TV shows altogether. "People who make movies for Marvel, why don’t you acknowledge what happens on our show," Chloe Bennet complained back in 2016, "Why don’t you guys go ask them that? Cause they don’t seem to care!" The reason for this distance is simple; Marvel Studios knows that their movies will be watched by far more people than follow any of the TV series. The majority of viewers wouldn't even understand a reference to shows like Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. or Iron Fist, and at worst it would confuse and distract them.

ADVERTISING
Related: Marvel's New TV Series Can Solve Fundamental MCU Problems

Whether by accident or design, the MCU has slipped into a sort of "tiered" approach to canon. The movies themselves are the top tier, absolute canon, expected to be reasonably consistent and superseding everything else. The tie-ins and TV shows exist on a lower tier, and are essentially only canon to the extent they don't contradict the films.

But the new shows are different. According to first reports, these series will be produced by Marvel Studios, with Kevin Feige himself overseeing their development. Some will introduce new characters, while others will see movie stars like Tom Hiddleston and Elizabeth Olsen reprise their roles. What's more, they'll also command studio-level budgets.

The budget makes sense. Streaming services have always tended to put content above cost. Netflix, for example, spends a whopping $130 million per season for The Crown, making it the most expensive TV series in history. Disney wants their new streaming service to compete directly with Netflix, meaning they need to aim for a similar quality of production. Given that's the case, it's no surprise that the Disney Play shows confirmed so far have staggering budgets; Jon Favreau's upcoming Star Wars series is expected to cost $100 million.

But here's the catch; as far as the average viewer is concerned, these are all just Marvel TV shows. Audiences will naturally compare and contrast the Marvel Studios productions with the Marvel Television ones. They'll notice the very different quality in terms of production levels, and they'll pick up on the fact that some series feature movie actors, while others don't. Marvel Studios will produce a TV show in which Elizabeth Olsen uses her telekinesis to toss enemies around with ease; Marvel Television couldn't afford a scene in which Finn Jones's Iron Fist confronted a CGI dragon.

Related: When Are Marvel's Other Netflix Shows Returning?

ADVERTISING
THIS MAKES MARVEL TELEVISION THIRD TIER INSTEAD OF SECOND

This dramatically reshapes the MCU's approach to canon. No longer do we have a two-tier system; now it will be a three-tier one, with current Marvel Television at the bottom.

The top tier will still be the movies, and they'll surely remain self-contained, with minimal impact on the movies. After all, Marvel's logic - that most viewers will only watch the films, and won't tune in to the TV series - will still hold true. Disney may be willing to pay for some tremendously expensive shows to launch on their new streaming service, but they're not going to risk damaging the films as well by adding another layer of complexity to their continuity.

ADVERTISING
The new Marvel Studios shows, then, will be second-tier in terms of their canonicity. They'll be tie-ins and spinoffs from the films in the truest sense of the word, exploring the characters and concepts that have been introduced through the movies, and adding new depth to the shared universe. They could tell Loki's backstory, or explore Wakanda with Shuri; they could reveal just what happened to Black Widow and Hawkeye in Budapest, or show Falcon on a mission against the Ten Rings. Marvel Studios may even choose to introduce new characters into the MCU through these shows; perhaps that's how we'll meet Kamala Khan, or Richard Rider's Nova. But, per the initial report, they won't feature the main Avengers.

And then there'll be Marvel Television, relegated to the fringes of the MCU, with lower production levels and starring characters who will never be seen on the big screen. Their new heroes will essentially be the dregs, passed up by Marvel Studios for both film and TV development. There's simply no getting around the facts; Marvel Television will be the third tier of the MCU's story, far removed from the Avengers and the Guardians of the Galaxy.

-

While Marvel fans were understandably thrilled when they first heard of these new Marvel Studios TV shows, anyone hoping the likes of Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, or anyone on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. would ever make their way onto the big screen can kiss those dreams goodbye. The only shows Marvel Studios is going to care about are the ones they're producing.

It might've been a different story if Marvel can migrate daredevil, luke cage, jj and IF from netflix to the disney streaming service but they can't. Netflix keeps them. I would consider at this point netflix verse and the mcu as completely separate at this point.

There has been a divide between marvel TV and the movie verse for some time now. Marvel studios making their own shows just makes that divide wider lol

Last edited:
Only it does. No reason for marvel studios to use TV characters not developed by them in their universe when they can make their own.
You seem to be slow.

I'm not talking about Marvel tv and the announced MCU shows dont have anything to do with this.

Feige said those characters will crossover with the MCU characters in the movies.

That has nothing to do with tv no matter who you're talking about making Marvel shows.

The link you posted says marvel tv not important to MCU shows :lol:

Why would it be? The studio and tv division been separate for a while.
It might've been a different story if Marvel can migrate daredevil, luke cage, jj and IF from netflix to the disney streaming service but they can't. Netflix keeps them. I would consider at this point netflix verse and the mcu as completely separate at this point.
You seem to be making up an entirely new narrative here for yourself.

When the shows are canceled/ended or another negotiation occurs the MCU shows is not going to have anything to do with that.

Last edited:
You seem to be slow.

I'm not talking about Marvel tv and the announced MCU shows dont have anything to do with this.

Feige said those characters will crossover with the MCU characters in the movies.

That has nothing to do with tv no matter who you're talking about making Marvel shows.

The link you posted says marvel tv not important to MCU shows :lol:

Why would it be? The studio and tv division been separate for a while.

You seem to be making up an entirely new narrative here for yourself.

When the shows are canceled/ended or another negotiation occurs the MCU shows is not going to have anything to do with that.
What are you even talking about? Lol You just keep repeating that it has nothing to do with each other but you're not being clear why.

You make some comment at the end about the netflix verse ending and being renegotiated ..I already said in an earlier post that it oculd be a different story if it's renegotiated and the shows start being shown on the disney platform

Also if you can't make a discussion without personal attacks then there's no point in talking to you. Goodbye.

Last edited:
What are you even talking about? Lol You just keep repeating that it has nothing to do with each other but you're not being clear why.
Cuz the Netflix characters crossing over in to the MCU literally has nothing to do with Marvel studios making tv shows.

I don't get why you assume one is connected to the other AT ALL.

One is tv the other is movies.

I have to assume you're slow.

DptwNqPU4AApJk9.jpg:orig

Back
Top Bottom